Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #511
TFW2005 Supporter
Collection Count: No clue
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to aprim
No Dinobots...what a let down,
Just a thought,
Why couldn't you have just put the Dinobots on the story as Transformers that came to earth during the Prehistoric times in search for the allspark.
Took dinobot forms and have been trapped in a glacier until now?? Awoken by the fallen..
Come on Bob, I smell a re-write!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #512
Injector Has a Posse
News Credits: 10
Send a message via AIM to Sso02V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldbug23 View Post
1.) Why did Bumblebee have a British accent in the end?
I wouldn't say that he had a British accent per se, just that he was speaking english "properly", as a mechanical being that learned the language digitally might.

TFWiki.net - We are here...We are waiting
Old 08-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #513
Mini-Con
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Why did Ratchet have a British accent?

Mark Ryan has already confirmed that he is working on the new movie again.

Thanks for letting me know about Ryan, I hadn't heard about that.

Good point on Ratchet, however, I think it's more acceptable for him since he's way less popular. If Bumblebee talks regularly in the next film, I'm afraid that he's going to have an "Alfred Pennyworth" type of appeal, and not the fun-loving Michael J. Fox type of personality.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #514
I got the touch!
Collection Count: 5...
Hey Bob:

I know your a fan of Simon Furman so would you ever consider using Springer and the wreckers in a movie cuz that would just be sweet...Although I would prefer differnet characters than the actual wreckers other than springer!

Springer Hot Rod Prowl and Grimlock would be a great unit..kind of like an autobot special forces!

Thanks...
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."

Old 08-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #515
Decepticon
hello bob

if you were just a fan of transformers and had nothing to do with the movie but at home you wrote your own transformers script,which character would you put in your '' fan dream movie''

which alt mode would you choose for grimlock and soundwave?

thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #516
Collection Count: 45
News Credits: 20
Can't remember seeing this one asked yet, so I figured I would-

If you've seen The Dark Knight, what did you think of it?

Now for a Transformers related question-

If you could have included any other robot character into the first movie, who would you have included and why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus major View Post
this man is a genius
Old 08-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #517
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprim View Post
No Dinobots...what a let down,
Just a thought,
Why couldn't you have just put the Dinobots on the story as Transformers that came to earth during the Prehistoric times in search for the allspark.
Took dinobot forms and have been trapped in a glacier until now?? Awoken by the fallen..
Come on Bob, I smell a re-write!
As someone who has to concern himself with a general movie audience, we I couldn't understand why a Transformer would feel the need to disguise himself in front of a bunch of lizards. Movie-wise, I mean. Once the general audience is fully on board with the whole thing, maybe Dinobots in the future.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #518
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbeak View Post
Question for Mr. Orci. When are you coming on the all new all amazing TFW podcast as a guest interview? Is it today? If so we need time to prepare.
soon
Old 08-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #519
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by krade View Post
hello roberto

i have a few star trek questions here

will the new movie will get the same kind of treatment like the batman series receive with a darker and more reality grounded movie?

i guess most of the character will met in this movie,did the friendship between spock,bones and kirk will be a big part of the movie or it hasn't been explorer to much?

will the villain Nero will be a bad guy in the same category as darth vader,megatron and other great movie villains or he will be more like the other trek villains?

will we see a big space battle with many starships?a la star wars?

last question

are we gonna see more of the earth in the 23rd century?it's always cool to see how our planet could be in the future

thanks!
More reality, yes. Darker? Depends what you mean. Our Trek is not a parody, but the original Trek had much humor in a addition to some serious stuff. We have both.

And yes, this Trek is about how everyone came together... Kirk, Spock, Bones, Uhura, Scotty and others.

Yes, earth will be a part of the movie, too.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #520
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldbug23 View Post
Hey Bob,

Thanks for doing this. It's great to pick your mind. Two questions:

1.) Why did Bumblebee have a British accent in the end? It seemed so random and out of place. Any chance we'll get a new voice? Possibly the G1 voice actor?

2.) I'll be starting an MFA program in screenwriting next month. Any advice to young screenwriters hoping to make it big?
1.) Bay picked the voice. Just an aesthetic decision on his part.

2.) My advice is LEARN STRUCTURE. Screenwriting in many ways is about architecture. How you tell the story. Plot and structure are two different things. You can have the same plot told by numerous structures. And don't forget to READ as many scripts of movies that you liked as possible.
Closed Thread