Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Welcome Mr. Roberto Orci, you may ask him questions

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #1891
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnamuz View Post
Bob Bob Bob, welcome back!

Till now we have more budget, more robots and more background on Transformers history, among others "more". This, plus the fact that "if you liked the first one you will like the second one", is telling us that this movie WILL be better in almost every way.

My question is:
1) Is there something worth mentioning that this second movie is lacking or weaker than the first one? (in your opinion at least)

Another one:
2) I'm almost positive about this but, did Michael request more detail and realism than before for all robots?

1. It might be a few minutes longer, which in our minds is a weakness. You may not agree.

2. Yes. ILM, as a result of all the R&D of the first movie is able to do much more this time in terms of detail and movement.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #1892
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusprime42 View Post
bob when will the actors go into the studios and do some recording.. instead of frank
voicing the fallen let james earl jones have that spot
Doing it little by little. Already had a few sessions.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #1893
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSHOOT View Post
1. What made you want to put a pretender in this movie.

2. Will it have a big role in the movie? Please no... lol

Also have you heard of the TERMINATOR? lol
1. You'll see. It fits the story.

2. Terminator? Never hear of it... oh wait, I saw a preview for a new one online. I love the TRANSFORMER they put in!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #1894
Bear-sona!
Collection Count: A Lot
News Credits: 30
Send a message via AIM to G1Wheeljack Send a message via Skype™ to G1Wheeljack
1.If you were to put Wheelie in either ROTF or any future installments, would you have him talk in rhyme and how fast would you kill him off?
2.What are your thoughts on the IDW ROTF prequel comics?
Old 01-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #1895
Vigilante
News Credits: 1
Mr Orci.

Do the twins has different and very rage personality? Because I've heard they fight a lot
Transformers fans, meet the new Bumblebee

Old 01-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #1896
Wooo.
News Credits: 3
How late into production was the Chevy Volt/Jolt added? Was it during filming, or right after the strike when you guys had to jam out a script?

And... since he was added so late, does he fit organically into the movie? That is, does he actually play a vital role or is he sort of just "there" to appease whoever mandated his appearance?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #1897
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennox View Post
How late into production was the Chevy Volt/Jolt added? Was it during filming, or right after the strike when you guys had to jam out a script?

And... since he was added so late, does he fit organically into the movie? That is, does he actually play a vital role or is he sort of just "there" to appease whoever mandated his appearance?
No, we put him in before production started, during the mad dash to get a shooting draft ready. But we always knew we WANTED to put him in from early on when we saw the design and realized it was a truly unique car. We just had to convince Michael that he could fit organically into the team and be as cool as the others.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #1898
Vigilante
News Credits: 1
How about Audi R8 car and Who is that?
Transformers fans, meet the new Bumblebee

Old 01-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #1899
tfwiki nerd
Collection Count: Some.
News Credits: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Orci View Post
Gotta be honest that I'm not familiar with it. Is it new? Is it based on movie 1?
Alliance is one half of the Revenge of the Fallen prequel comic series Transformers: Destiny. The events of the first issue is set concurrently with the previous comic series, The Reign of Starscream*, in the period between the defeat of Megatron at Mission City and the dumping of the Decepticon corpses in the Atlantic Ocean.

The other half of Destiny is the soon-to-be-released Defiance. It is apparently set far in Cybertron's past, before factions and war, possibly explaining how Megatron came to lust for power.

*Starscream's depiction in ROS (and other comics by Chris Mowry) is somewhat unusual if one thinks of Starscream characters as scheming backstabbers. He's an flawed "good guy" who wants what he believes is truly the best for his people, but has been so corrupted over the years that his noble goals have been buried under self-interest.
http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #1900
"Apart" ≠ "a part"
News Credits: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Nevermore Send a message via MSN to Nevermore Send a message via Skype™ to Nevermore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit For natalie View Post
He's an flawed "good guy" who wants what he believes is truly the best for his people, but has been so corrupted over the years that his noble goals have been buried under self-interest.
I think TV Tropes calls that an "anti-villain".

But seriously, Bob, I gotta agree with FFN there. The comics by Chris Mowry are a really decent addition to the movieverse. Issue 1 of Alliance actually manages to capture the essence of the movie cast and even the humor form the movie. Go check it out.

My sales thread, my feedback as a seller and buyer.
Closed Thread