Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
View Poll Results: What is better: Armada or TF: Prime
Transformers: Armada 28 28.57%
Transformers: Prime 70 71.43%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Armada vs Prime

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #31
Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!
Collection Count: About 50 or so
News Credits: 3
I really like Armada....but I gotta go with Prime
ErbFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #32
Freelancer
Collection Count: Not much. That's all you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karhukjnsi View Post
You know you can edit posts to add more instead of posting back to back. By the way, you already said your piece on the first page, you can edit it to add more info, but it doesn't really matter to those who already had opinions coming into the thread. It is NOT like you're going to change votes.
Hard to do that on a phone, computer is broken. And I'm not trying to change votes.

My own fanfiction. Poster by bookwormdalek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgs2099 View Post
People excited about Transformers on a Transformers website. What is this world coming to?
Soundpulse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #33
Merc With A Mouthplate
Collection Count: Far more than 20 now
News Credits: 1
Prime uses Armadas space bridge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikgnat View Post
You can pop his wings out for 'flight mode' and he makes a transformation sound when doing it. Any judge in the world would agree the sound would confirm it's an actual transformation. If you want to take this further speak to my lawyer.
Mizzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #34
Vehicon
phoenixliger's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: mostly classics, G1 and i set up a nice display of WST figures
Armada will always have a special place in my heart it just feels kiddish with loud over bearing characters. Primes got what i like in a story well driven characters good story plots. i wonder how the writers from animated would have handeled armada.
phoenixliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #35
Resident Cheesehead
Collection Count: 2^211,000,000
This is tough. For me, Armada holds some nostalgia because it's what got me into back into transformers, at least, more than beast wars did. And there are always going to be biases against the majority of the Unicron Trilogy because it is widely considered the worst of any of the tf continuities. In the end, I say Armada. The characters aren't just replacements of past characters and while the story is based around a central gimmick, I still find it interesting and fun. Prime, especially season two, is just weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruncle Stan View Post
It's not MY fault your pig is so potentially delicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzinno View Post
This man. Give him a medal.
bacon4e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #36
Merc With A Mouthplate
Collection Count: Far more than 20 now
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon4e View Post
This is tough. For me, Armada holds some nostalgia because it's what got me into back into transformers, at least, more than beast wars did. And there are always going to be biases against the majority of the Unicron Trilogy because it is widely considered the worst of any of the tf continuities. In the end, I say Armada. The characters aren't just replacements of past characters and while the story is based around a central gimmick, I still find it interesting and fun. Prime, especially season two, is just weird.
This man. Give him/her a medal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikgnat View Post
You can pop his wings out for 'flight mode' and he makes a transformation sound when doing it. Any judge in the world would agree the sound would confirm it's an actual transformation. If you want to take this further speak to my lawyer.
Mizzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #37
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
But the second half rocked. Mortal Combat has the best Optimus vs. Megatron fight ever.
No way. That honor goes to Optimus Primal and Megatron in the final episode of Beast Machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzinno View Post
Crappy animation?!?! That art style is far superior to that crappy CGI crap.
I present to you exhibit A: the absolute worst animation ever seen in the entire history of Transformers cartoons, and it's an episode of Armada.
21 minutes of eyeball assault

You CANNOT honestly tell me that *THAT* animation is superior in any way to TFP's animation, let alone even a poorly animated G1 episode. And while this may be the worst Armada has on display, the whole show was plagued with shoddy animation. I still remember shouting at the TV, when the Autobots just stood motionless while Megatron shot a big hole through Smokescreen. The animation budget was so painfully small on Armada.
Mako Crab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #38
co-Commander of Autobots
Collection Count: I have 25 at the moment but its slowly growing and quite a few pictures on my computer
I liked them both
Fate rarely calls upon us at moment of our choosing
Cmdr Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #39
Headmaster
Prime isn't my favorite ever, but it's better by any possible standard of measurement than Armada. WAY better.

And actually, now that I think about it, I think I enjoyed watching Armada more than I have TFP. Maybe it was the experience, what else was going on in life at the time, I don't know. I liked tuning in to each new Armada episode as it came out and always looked forward to the next one. Meanwhile, I've stopped watching new TFP episodes completely.

But TFP is still better.
SouthtownKid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #40
Banned
News Credits: 12
Both Armada and Prime are two giant scavengers hunts.

The key difference is that Armada was FUN to watch.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote