Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Will we ever get a "dark" Transformers animated series?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
I voted for Super_Megatron and all I got was this stupid user title.
News Credits: 2
Unlikely, given market drivers.

There's always the comics though...
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
Jazz is my homebot
Collection Count: Not sure anymore
News Credits: 24
Animated started off more light-hearted, but things went downhill into season 2 and 3. I'm still a bit disturbed by how Blurr was killed. Animated touched on several subjects that can be...well touchy, especially about war and such. If you're not watching shows JUST because of the animation style, then I feel sorry for you. Don't judge a show just cause of how it was animated (I love Rescue Bots, and the animation completely threw me off at first, but it works well with the show).

I don't think we need a dark, emo-ridden show. What we have currently with Prime (as well as WfC/FoC) is as dark as we need to get. I don't agree with you on saying that WfC is dark, as it's not as dark as what you're wanting. Go watch Spawn or something if you're wanting a dark cartoon. Leave Transformers out of that stuff, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstein
Can I remind you all we're here to rescue Zippo and not discover the next Black Sabbath? Anyway, it was all rubbish after Led Zeppelin.

Rescue Bots FB! ABC Warriors FB!
MaxxieOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
Aerialbot
Collection Count: 150+
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxieOD View Post
I don't think we need a dark, emo-ridden show. What we have currently with Prime (as well as WfC/FoC) is as dark as we need to get. I don't agree with you on saying that WfC is dark, as it's not as dark as what you're wanting. Go watch Spawn or something if you're wanting a dark cartoon. Leave Transformers out of that stuff, please.
I'm not sure where emo came from. I liked Spawn some in the 90's but don't really care for the religious stuff or excessive blood.

I guess I just had something in mind, like the G2 Marvel comics.
My Collection
My Wanted List - (I'm looking for G1/G2 Dinobots)
Feedback
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #14
Eats babies
Collection Count: 41
News Credits: 4
Beast Machines wants to have a word with you....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxieOD View Post
I'm still a bit disturbed by how Blurr was killed. .
He's alive, don't worry He's not up and walking yet, but he wasn't dumped into the furnace (read the Stunti-con job)
mrgalvaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
Omnibot
Beast Wars isn't entirely dark, but I highly recommend it for some mature storytelling, such as the episodes, Code of Hero, Transmutate and The Agenda 3 parter. A Transformers cartoon doesn't have to be dark all the time. But if you really want dark cartoons, I recommend several DC cartoons such as Batman Beyond and Justice League.

I just remembered The Headmasters is a bit dark, there was a bit of swearing in different versions of subtitles. But you still had that shithead Daniel Witwicky so, not completely dark. But like I said, Transformers isn't meant to be dark. Its meant to be goofy, entertaining, and half of the time taken seriously.
KikBlava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
I dislike humans
Kylehudson14's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 150+
Send a message via Skype™ to Kylehudson14
Id say TFP is kinda dark, at least at the start it was & it still kinda is. Lots of deaths so far, if deaths arent dark then I dont know what is.
Kylehudson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
Super-unvincible
Collection Count: Uh... A lot.
We've got two of them: BM and Prime, and both are really rather underwhelming compared to the lighter TF series like Beast Wars and TFA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFWiki
The Transformers launches in the US, in toy, comic and cartoon formats, forever ruining Transformers.
Spin-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #18
bionic hero
Collection Count: 2 optimus prime toys and primus
Send a message via Yahoo to daitarn red
transformers for all ages
daitarn red
daitarn red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #19
MCU Fan(girl)
Collection Count: Around 10 -sold most of them.
Just my feelings, here, but.....

Never really bought into the idea that death automatically makes something "dark". Death can be an aspect, one facet of a film/show/book that helps set "darkness", but it isn't the only thing. To me, "darkness" is much more than a single incident: it's a tone, an atmosphere, a mood - something that can certainly be created from character death, but also has to come from within the story itself, the very execution of it - no pun intended.

Character death can be a piece of the recipe but if all of the needed ingredients aren't in place, "darkness" still won't necessarily be achieved successfully.

I also think it's possible to achieve darkness without character death.

But I don't think "dark" really works that well with what's being discussed in this topic. "Dramatic" or even "epic" (overused word, but still.....) would work better. Something that contains elements like an evolving story with a large scope and fully developed characters.

Neither TF Prime or the movies achieve that. I think Prime wants to be a little more dramatic, even to be epic at times, but I don't think it's successful - in fact, I'm kinda at the point with it where I would rather they find the fun. They're almost in nowhere's land for me. What held the movies back is the writing for the story and characters. The lack of it.
Silk Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #20
DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU
News Credits: 6
I'd adore a series meant only for adults, but that's never going to happen.
Oberoniss is offline   Reply With Quote