Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Cybertron's Population

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #21
Eats babies
Collection Count: 41
News Credits: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEST SOLDIER View Post
Going by Hasbro's statement that the planet is the size of Saturn, if it were artificial, then there would be no core to generate a magnetic field or gravity; unless they built one just for this purpose.
Gravity is caused by mass. A planet needs no core, just enough mass to have high gravity
mrgalvaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
Dinobot
Collection Count: somewhere around 100-200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verno View Post
The way I see it, from a BW universe kind of history:

There were two ways to give life to a Transformer.

1. From the Matrix in a Prime's chest.

2. From Vector Sigma.

The key to Vector Sigma was destroyed by Commander Silverbolt back in G1, so all access to new troops was now limited to the Matrix.

After the end of the Great War and the signing of the Pax Cybertronia, Cybertron needed to be repopulated. Two facilities were set up:

1. The MATRIX (The Maximal Activation Transferring Recycling and Infusion eXchange)

and

2. The PIT (The Predacon Infusion Terminal)

They were linked to Vector Sigma, and using a shell program of sorts, known as The Oracle, they hacked into Vector Sigma and allowed the Maximals and Predacons to release new Sparks into the world.

The process was overseen by the Maximals, as they didn't want control of the flow of Sparks to be controlled by the Predacons so they couldn't build up a new army.

Or something like that.
That's actually a pretty clever theory. By the way, did you come up with Matrix and Pit being acronyms for the facilities (I already knew that they were the names), or is that actually something official that I didn't know about?
IaconStargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #23
Beast Wars Collector
Collection Count: 100+
Cheers Mate.

Yeah, the acronyms are mine. I've been working on a story that ends G1 and traverses the 300 year period between it and Beast Wars for a long time, so I've had plenty to think about

I was recalling them from my notes. I've actually written:

Maximal Activation Transference Reformatting and Inception eXchange.
Verno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #24
Quintesson
I can't find much on the population. Not really anything.

I did find this:

Quote:
Cybertron, as presented in the original The Transformers animated series, was considerably smaller than the planet Earth. Entirely metallic on the surface, some of the lowest levels of Cybertron consist of rock and dirt, suggesting a natural beginning to the planet. Its gravity is light enough that humans are able to traverse the surface without any trouble, and it possesses a breathable atmosphere. Water is not uncommon on the planet - lake and rivers have been shown to exist, albeit sparingly. Cybertron is orbited by at least two unnamed moons, but its own place in the cosmos appears unfixed.
Generation 1 Animated

Quote:
Early war history records Transformers

The "early war history records Transformers" are members of the Transformer culture that lived around the start of the war.
Early War History
-Mainframe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #25
Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!
Collection Count: About 50 or so
News Credits: 3
I like to think it has about 1,500. I like a small population
ErbFan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #26
Beast Wars Collector
Collection Count: 100+
It seems to be a popular figure. Personally it seems a bit too low. I'd put them at least in the 100,000. It was a war, but I don't think it was genocide to that scale.
Verno is offline   Reply With Quote