Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

what might a good guy megatron be like?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
Banned
what might a good guy megatron be like?

question

how might a megatron character come across to the fan base over time if over time he were able to actually make the transition from being the sparticus among his fellow cybertronians to being over time a reasonably respectable extremist anti hero without losing himself along the way to the whole darkseid warlord role over time ?

basicly this would be a megatron who over time actually learned from a young point in his life to take at least some of optimus primes ideals to heart over time with megatron developing as a character over time to be in his way a good guy david xanatose character

one that was amoral in his way but not quite actually evil

basicly think of this megatron as being the genuinly good hearted cop that follows the rule book verse and code for the most part but has no poroblem with bending the rules where justifed by the situation and circumstances and his being the kind of cop that enjoys beating the criminals up just a little bit too much

the main differance between him and optimus as allies being that megatron has no problem with killing an opponent in battle should that other person be a hopelessly corrupt kill crazy genocidal sicko psycho ax crazy maniac

megatron being in his way a kind of good guy but the kind thats willing to go to far at times in fighting the good fight
GENOZAUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
Airachnid's ratservant
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to TrueNomadSkies
Actually, I'd sooner compare him to Demona (if we're going with the Gargoyles theme), if nothing else from the personalities we've seen alone. Like, both of them found themselves essentially driven down the wrong path through trying to overcome oppression of their kind, their hatred for lesser beings continued to fester, and I dunno. She just seems like a much closer mesh than Xanatos because of how much she's guided by actions above almost all else, and the same goes for her way of maintaining order by way of brute fear.

Xanatos never struck me as one who relied on either of those things, and simply maintained his position by literally being a self made man. That's one of the things that made him such a good villain because he was never clearly a "bad guy", and like someone pointed out in the Gargoyles thread, he always had a way of actually making you trust him, even though you still knew that he'd end up screwing you over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BlackMagnus x View Post
Protip: Don't want strange growths in your mouth? Don't give oral to unsavory women.
TrueNomadSkies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 17
CTRL+F for Kamina.

Failure!

CTRL+F for Vegeta?

What what what?

Ahhh, Xanatos. Add that one to the pile for later.
Chris McFeely on Twitter - - Chris McFeely on YouTube
Chris McFeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
Voices Slugslinger!
As a heroic character, Megs would probably be similar to movie-verse Ironhide: A war-veteran who craves conflict and battle, he might sometimes remember of the good cause he's fighting for [and he probably will on the darkest hours], but mostly he'll be there because he loves it.

And the main difference between him and Optimus is no that, it's that Megatron seeks Peace Through Tyranny [it's even a motto of his] and power for power's sake, while Optimus seeks neither.
Cybertronian Civil War - Decepticon Chronicles (fanfic).
Overlord Balder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Maximal Air Commander
Collection Count: 612, Largest faction: Maximals
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Jetbolt
I always picture a good Megatron being the same if Grimlock was smart in a tv series. Powerful skilled fighter that charges into battle and often is the last one to leave the battle site.
Divebomb: "I shall be the last thing you ever see."
Omega Primax: "Sorry, I'm saving that for a better looking sight."
Jetbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
Technobot
Collection Count: 120+
I'm thinking he'd be Grimlock.

Well close to Grimlock from the now a days, not perfectly the same.
Blood thirst, quit, kills while in battle with out thinking about it, questions prime all the time.
But in the end listens to Prime and when not fighting or mad would have a cool enough head to avoid killing people...barely. Something like "I'LL REMOVE YOUR HEAD! *points canon* ...hmmm Prime might be up set at that...I'll settle for beating the scrap out of you"

I would love to see a good Megatron. But i think that'd need to be in a new series. One where you start off with Prime and Megs on the same side and have the 'Cons leader as someone else. And alot of the classic trop are forgotten about for once.
MechanovaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Idol of Millions
Collection Count: 200-ish
Don't we already have a good guy Megatron from Shattered Glass? Granted, he's already been upgraded to SG Galvatron at this point, but it's still the same guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire
So not only are you racist against chicks who can't build alien robots, but now you're racist against Prime fans. Goddamnit, Burnout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
To fight monsters, we just chucked a bunch of school-girls at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawddammit View Post
YOU NEED THE NEWEST MODEL NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE INFINITE SUPPLIES OF EVERYTHING.
Autobot Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
cloppers = ignore list
Collection Count: What day is it?
News Credits: 9
Send a message via Yahoo to firehawc_69
Shattered Glass anyone?
Quote:
http://textsfromlastnight.com/

(516): Things to remember: Girls don't appreciate it when you yell "Beast Mode!" when switching to doggy style.
(201): You stood in front of a yellow Camaro and kept yelling at it to "Transform already!!!!".. yeah, I'd say you were pretty wasted.

firehawc_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via Skype™ to TrueNomadSkies
Honestly, I don't think he'd be much different from how he's been portrayed as a villain. He'd still have the same drive & the same way of conducting himself. He'd just hold life up there with honour & simply direct his rage against those who he deems deserving of getting shot in the face... no matter the cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BlackMagnus x View Post
Protip: Don't want strange growths in your mouth? Don't give oral to unsavory women.
TrueNomadSkies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNomadSkies View Post
Honestly, I don't think he'd be much different from how he's been portrayed as a villain. He'd still have the same drive & the same way of conducting himself. He'd just hold life up there with honour & simply direct his rage against those who he deems deserving of getting shot in the face... no matter the cost.
thats the kidn of good guy megatron i was trying to describe

a megatron who as a good guy has all the best defining qualities of ptimsu prime and megatron but at least tries to be a good guy where it counts
GENOZAUR is offline   Reply With Quote