Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Megatron for Hall of Fame 2012!

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
Airachnid's ratservant
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to TrueNomadSkies
Megatron for Hall of Fame 2012!

Wait, did you fools actually think I would campaign for a Maximal, let alone that lowly fuzor Silverbolt? Ha!

I not only won the Beast Wars in a brilliant & devastating fashion, but succeeded my pure excuse for an ancestor by enslaving all of Cybertron and molding its very existence in my own image! If Optimus Primal's final hand couldn't stop me from writing history, what could a common swindler hope to accomplish through mere trickery?? Vote for me here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
Indeed there is more to Transformers than just G1, there is also Beast Wars amongst many others.

There are many strong characters to be found in Beast Wars and that includes the Japanese series of Beast Wars: II & Beast Wars: Neo, one of the strongest (If not the strongest) to come out of the 3 shows however; was Beast Wars Megatron.

Now, initially, Hasbro had intended this character to be a continuation of the Original G1 Megatron but for fear of yet another backlash from collectors and fans (RE: Generation 2) it was deemed that this character would not be the original but an entirely new character taking the name of Megatron in honour of his predecessor - That way the original could avoid being tarnished with this fail-safe, much like the entire Toyline was labelled as a Kenner product as another fail-safe.

So, right from the get go BW Megatron was never given any faith by his manufacturer and he also had to deal with the near-impossible task of living up to the memory, reputation and name that is Megatron in the eyes of Fans, Collectors and by extension Parents.
(He did this throughout Beast Wars entire run, with fans screaming Gun/Tank not Barney!)

Not only that, but he was also hit with the task of taking on a familiar Alt mode associated with one of the biggest fan favourite characters of the 80s: Grimlock and the form of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

With such odds stacked against him, he turned all this around thanks to the hard efforts of a pair of writers (Bob Forward & Larry Ditillio), an Animation Studio (Mainframe Entertainment) and a Voice Over artist (David Kaye) who would go on to define one of the greatest stories and characters the Transformers franchise has seen to date.

Beast Wars Megatron was both smart and resourceful, but also ruthless and utterly cunning whilst under a set of extremely unfavourable circumstances; His 1st toy was large and imposing and packed to the brim with features and accessories such as:
  • A water spitting cannon
  • Twin waist mounted missile launchers
  • Tail/claw chomping action
  • A battle-mask
  • A fairly accurate Dinosaur Alt mode
  • More articulation than any other transformer toy of his size before him.

His cartoon character was sided with nearly nothing but incompetent fools and those that could think for themselves were constantly plotting his usurpation; taking this onboard, not only did he:
  • Successfully take out the enemy commander,
  • Steal troops
  • Stare down a seemingly superior Alien race
  • Discover the hallowed Ark,
  • Nearly blow Optimus Prime's head off,
  • Nearly erase the Autobots & Maximals existence,
  • Adapt Alien Technology for his use and advantage,
  • Tame the Mutanted-Spark of Protoform X,
  • Discover the Nemesis Warship
  • Come close to burning the Earth's surface to a crisp; but that's just in Beast Wars!

In Beast Machines, the follow-up Cartoon series, he:
  • Broke free of Maximal capture
  • Decimated Cybertron's own defences
  • Enslaved the entire population of Cybertron with no discretion of allegiance
  • Amass an entire, ever loyal army of drones
  • Reduce the enemy leader and his troops to a fleeing band of refugees
  • Successfully separated his organic self from his Technological self
  • Inadvertently aided in the reformation of Cybertron itself; and that's not even all of it!

BW Megatron stared down adversity throughout his tenure, chuckling all the way; he was never expected to succeed from the beginning - he has proven himself without question and has earnt your vote.

So when it comes time to vote for a Nominee to enter TFW2005's, Seibertron's, Allspark's, TFwiki's or anyone else's short-list of entrants for Hasbro's Hall of Fame Fans Choice Nominee for 2012 - vote for the guy who who spent his life as the underdog.

Vote #1 Beast Wars Megatron!

"The universe cowered once at the name of Megatron, and it shall do so again!" - 'Optimal Situation'.

Also, here are some signatures that contributors to our cause have made, so feel free to use them during the great war of 2012.

-
(courtesy of TrueNomadSkies) <---------------------------------> (courtesy of Jetbolt)

-
(courtesy of StayingInTheBox) <---------------------------------> (courtesy of Power Prime)

-
(courtesy of Hursticon) <---------------------------------> (courtesy of StayingInTheBox)

-
(courtesy of StayingInTheBox) <---------------------------------> (courtesy of soundwaverulls)

-
(courtesy of StayingInTheBox) <---------------------------------> (courtesy of StayingInTheBox)

(courtesy of Keith Prime)
Attached Thumbnails
Megatron for Hall of Fame 2012!-megatron_campaign_001.jpg  
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BlackMagnus x View Post
Protip: Don't want strange growths in your mouth? Don't give oral to unsavory women.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
I had no idea he was even a contender until today.

Sky-Byte, I adore you, and I swear I'll campaign for you hard next year, but this year is Megatron.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Conehead
Collection Count: Not enough Dirges.
News Credits: 5
Seeing that Tarantulas and Primal were wrongfully not included, I voted for Megs.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
@StayingInTheBox

Collection Count: > 1,100
News Credits: 26
Seeing Beast Wars Megatron in the final 10 vote makes me a little torn ...

The G1 Journey's Latest Article: G1 Slag

Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
King of Knights
Collection Count: Stuff
News Credits: 6
I honestly think it's stupid that he wasn't inducted with Megatron 2 years ago
Old 02-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
@StayingInTheBox

Collection Count: > 1,100
News Credits: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust262 View Post
Why? They're 2 completely different characters.

The G1 Journey's Latest Article: G1 Slag

Old 02-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
The Big Daddy
Collection Count: 350
News Credits: 16
Quote:
Beast wars megatron is a VASTLY different character than g1 buckethead. You know, he was actually COMPETENT.

Beast wars megatron is easily in the top three megatrons, and in my opinion, the best megatron ever.

just throwing him in with all the other megatrons would do a disservice to the way that character was written

I'm fully supporting the minerva and swindle campain, but even I am gonna defend Beast Wars Megatron's right to be in the running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
If we get married...think of the collection we would have bro...I mean..we ain't gotta fluid transfer...but think of the collection..
Old 02-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
King of Knights
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayingInTheBox View Post
Why? They're 2 completely different characters.
So? G1 Megatron and UT Megatron are different characters too.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
King of Knights
Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
Beast wars megatron is a VASTLY different character than g1 buckethead. You know, he was actually COMPETENT.

Beast wars megatron is easily in the top three megatrons, and in my opinion, the best megatron ever.

just throwing him in with all the other megatrons would do a disservice to the way that character was written

I'm fully supporting the minerva and swindle campain, but even I am gonna defend Beast Wars Megatron's right to be in the running
G1 Shockwave and Energon Shockblast are completely different characters, but they both got inducted
Old 02-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
The Big Daddy
Collection Count: 350
News Credits: 16
Quote:
So? G1 Megatron and UT Megatron are different characters too.
no, they are just both megatrons. Beast Wars Megatron is in all actuallity a new character, the only thing he did was change his name to megatron, other than that he has no ties to megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
If we get married...think of the collection we would have bro...I mean..we ain't gotta fluid transfer...but think of the collection..
Closed Thread