Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
by KAGE

Fembots in TransFormers

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Autobot
KAGE's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 927
Location: Perris, California
News Credits: 15
Fembots in TransFormers

A discussion that started in the Don Fig's DevArt: Pages from Unreleased Dreamwave Comic thread. Here is the place to talk about the logic and reason behind Fembots in TransFormers.

Links to some arguments:

Don Fig's DevArt: Pages from Unreleased Dreamwave Comic

Don Fig's DevArt: Pages from Unreleased Dreamwave Comic

Don Fig's DevArt: Pages from Unreleased Dreamwave Comic

Don Fig's DevArt: Pages from Unreleased Dreamwave Comic

Don Fig's DevArt: Pages from Unreleased Dreamwave Comic


Quote:
Originally Posted by KAGE View Post
Just think to our existence in the universe, being religious or not humans exist for the simple fact of "just because".

Why do all the Transformers have to be males?

Females Transformers can exist for the simple fact of sharing emotions with the males and Primus wanted them to be more in touch with them self and not so logical. I feel there doesn't need to be a "why do we need them or why are they here". Then it makes it kind'a sexists saying females only exist to bare us men's seed.

And with the Beast Wars characters there still the same Cybertronian as the G1 so being male or female is no different. Having an Organic Alt. Mode doesn't change that matter.

As for a Beast Machine Cybertronian, that may be possible - ew!
KAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Former TF fan
Sideswipe80's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,059
News Credits: 26
I don't mind fembots at all. I encourage it in fact. It'll attract more female fans which will only bolster the fandom. I've always thought Elita-1 and Arcee were pretty cool, even as a kid.
Nick TMNT > than all current TF Fiction

3DS FC 3497-0415-0873
Sideswipe80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
Decepticon Mistress
TRANS+CRAZY's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 25,536
Location: Michigan
Collection Count: Lost count... again
I generally agree with Sideswipe80. I don't mind fembots at all, and Arcee is the one fembot that always stand out in my mind because I grew up watching her in the 1986 movie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexza View Post
We got the popcorn from TRANS+CRAZY. She has A LOT. Like, if popcorn was alive, she could pull off a full-scale takeover of the Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpshard View Post
Trans+Crazy always supplies the popcorn for long Mexican standoffs...or anything serious, for that matter.
TRANS+CRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
Autobot
KAGE's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 927
Location: Perris, California
News Credits: 15
This is not so much as if there cool or not. But what is their purpose if Transformers don't reproduce as humans do.

But IDW Arcee FTW! - weird story cool bot!
KAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
Stunticon
Lunar Archivist's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,105
Send a message via AIM to Lunar Archivist Send a message via MSN to Lunar Archivist
This has been discussed elsewhere in great detail.

The Ultimate Fembot Thread
Lunar Archivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
Vocab-champion ArgueTitan
SMOG's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,922
Location: Robot Narnia, Quebec
Collection Count: they have their own room...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
This has been discussed elsewhere in great detail.

The Ultimate Fembot Thread
It certainly HAS!!

I don't know if I have the perseverance to take up the semantic sword again to champion my case on the matter... but I'll have a few things to say at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAGE View Post
You also are basing your ideal of what a human female is on to a species that is not human. But if there is no different in sex in Transformers as you say. What's the point of referring to Arcee as a "she", what the point of the term Fembots?
What indeed?

I'm not imposing a human notion of female on a non-human species. I'm pointing out that the whole concept of "female" is entirely dependent on our own paradigm. Calling "fembots" female would be equating them with the binary biology of many Earth creatures, which would be a fallacy. By definition, Fembots cannot be "female"... therefore they can only be something else.

It may be something that reminds us of our own "females" but even that would be ridiculous, because depending on the species, or even just the particular human culture in question, "female" can mean many different things.

Even on earth, we have creatures that do not rely on the male/female binary. We also have many animals where the female is the larger, more robust or more aggressive gender. We have cultures where femininity is defined by obesity rather than slenderness. The notion of conferring the title of "female" onto members of an asexual alien race simply because it reminds us of a very specific contemporary ideal of femininity, is utterly futile.

zmog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron II View Post
Smog is never wrong. He can only be right in the opposite direction.
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
I'm an agile cat.
SPLIT LIP's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 54,374
Location: Shrek is Love.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
The real reason there's fembots in Transformers is because it's fuckin' made-up.

It's not real, it doesn't try to be real. Of all the things that go unexplained in Transformers and seemingly unnoticed or undisputed, why is the concept of genders the one everyone gets hung up on?

Hell, sentient robot is practically an oxymoron, and nobody ever even touches that!

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #8
Lighting our Darkest Hour
Optimus Prime23's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 238
Location: Iacon
LOL
Optimus Prime23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
Queen of the Rodeo
Dran0n's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,184
Location: Your Pants.
Collection Count: Let's Say It's Time For An Intervention...
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Dran0n
I encourage Fembots. As long as they aren't like Thunderblast.

Twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFH
It wasn't hard to convince Dranzy to join in the fun. All I had to say was "panty weapons."
Dran0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #10
Optimus told me to do it!

moreprimeland's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 16,566
Location: Tennessee
Collection Count: 400 PLUS!
News Credits: 18
Send a message via MSN to moreprimeland
Oh geez, not this again... Please let it go. The above mentioned thread covered it enough for this decade.
From Transformers Prime
"My name is Optimus Prime and I send this message.....If you approach this planet with hostile intent..know this: We will defend ourselves. We will defend humanity. We will defend our home."
MPL's feedback
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Captured Prey