Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

I review every Transformers G1 episode ever..

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #361
Back In The Game!
Collection Count: Three Masterpieces
Send a message via MSN to Tigertrack
Why do we care about such details anyway? LOL!
Tigertrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #362
Sorcerer
News Credits: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to Pravus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Brawn View Post
And for that matter, Carly was an M.I.T. student, right? Why'd she date Spike?
That one is easy, because he's the only person on Earth who can ask any Autobot to take him anywhere for any reason or do him any favor and they say, "Sure thing Spike!". Want to go to the moon? Another planet? Race around in a sports car? Enter a world rally tournament? Win a DJ competition?

He's also the only person who's really integrated into the society of the high tech race of shape shifting machines with firepower and technology to manipulate entire solar systems. Heck, he's even been one of them for a while!

If you apply any sort of reality check, you'd realize that Spike was the most important human on Earth. Something no King, no millionare, no genius could attain. That and it was pretty clear she was really into him. After all, most women who have their car vaporized on another planet and have to flee for their lives either are never seen again or are with you for life.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #363
Smalltime Casual
Collection Count: Not as much as a lot of you guys, but enough to make my parents think I'm wasting my money. :p
News Credits: 1
Five Faces of Darkness, Part 5

Plot Summary: We pick up with the Decepticons assaulting Cybertron. The Autobots put up a valiant defense, but with the defense system knocked out they are forced to retreat to the underground. The Quintessons still hover over the planet, gloating the whole while.

On Earth meanwhile the Decepticon battle platform is still rolling towards the Ark. Warpath and his cadre of Autobots open fire, but the platform transforms into the massive Godzilla-Bot TRYPTICON! Warpath activates the defense systems, but Trypticon merely brings down the volcano on top of them, crushing the Ark under tons of rubble. With his first target destroyed, he turns his attention to Autobot City...

Back on Io, Sky Lynx arrives and swoop down to sa-

Okay...hold on a second...I want to pause the review here. I have a question WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY SMOKING WHEN THE CAME UP WITH SKY LYNX?!? Okay, let me explain. Sky Lynx turns into a space shuttle, well sort of. He turns into the top half. But that's not the weirdest part. Instead of having a normal robot mode, he turns into a fucking scary Wyvern-Shark-Bird thing! But THAT'S not the weirdest part! He also has this giant blue box growing out of his stomach like some kind of mechanical tumor! BUT THAT'S NOT THE WEIRDEST PART!!! The tumor turns into a GIANT BLUE KITTY CAT. How the hell did the cat get there? Is it his Siamese twin? Is it some sort of parasite? Is Sky Lynx...is he...FUCKING THE CAT?!? Okay...clearly Sky Lynx is the product of a warped and insane mind. Henceforward Sky Lynx shall be referred to as "The Abberation".

So anyways, The Abberation arrives from the blackest nether regions of the void to save Blurr and Wheelie. But right before he takes off, the Predacons warp in! No, not the Beast Wars Predacons, the old school combiner team! They merge into the mighty Predaking, and begin kicking the everloving crap out of Blurr and Wheelie, but The Abberation works his blasphemous magiks upon Predaking, splitting him back into his component parts. The Abberation subsumes Blurr and Wheelie into his squamous, ichor filled womb, and spirits them back to earth on ebon wings wrought from the screams of dying babies.

Back on Cybertron Galvatron orders Blitzwing to report back to the Quintessons. He arrives on their ship and overhears them plotting to use a team of Sharkticon Commandoes to activate a switch deep within the bowels of Cybertron that will shut down all Transformers in the galaxy! Blitzwing returns to warn Galvatron, but Galvatron just punches him in the face. Blitzwing realizes his only option is to ally with the Autobots.

Back on Earth The Abberation vomits forth Blurr and Wheelie from his acidic nine-tongued maw, and they manage to install the cog. Metroplex transforms, and he and Trypticon square off in the most poorly animated Kaiju battle ever. Metroplex manages to get the upper hand and hurls Trypticon into the ocean, where he sinks into the abyss.

On Cybertron Rodimus and Blitzwing halt the Sharkticon commandoes. But Galvatron in all his craziness arrives at just that instant and decides to pull the switch anyway. The Transformers all shut down and the Quintessons emerge out onto Cybertron to gloat some more. But Spike grabs Rodimus's gun and blows the switch back on. Galvatron reactivates and chases the Quintessons right off the planet. He turns on Rodimus but Blitzwing pulls his gun on him and orders him to stop. Galvatron banishes Blitzwing from the Decepticon ranks, and the Decepticons retreat. Rodimus give a speech to the other Autobots, and tells them that they may have just met their greatest foe...

Comments:

-Theres no comments today. Why? I was about to post the review and I highlighted it in order to copy and post it to the other forums I post these two, missed the control key, and managed to replace my entire review with the letter "C". This is the second time I have written this review. I hope you guys appreciate all the crap I go through for you.

Score: Well I love the epic scale of this episode and the precedent it sets for the rest of season 3, but two things weigh it down for me. One, the origin of the Transformers is rather generic. But it's not really a dealbreaker. The main sticking point is the HORRIBLE animation quality. The animators JUST. DIDN'T. CARE. So in short, nice and epic, but not perfect. 7/10.
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 165.75 KB Height: 283 Width: 437 - 2005 Staff
Vector Squidma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #364
is not insane. Really!
Insane Galvatron's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many to count.
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Insane Galvatron Send a message via MSN to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Yahoo to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Skype™ to Insane Galvatron
In later episodes when you see Octane, keep in mind that it was supposed to be Blitzwing as a result of this episode. But Hasbro wanted the new triplechanger pushed, so Blitzy got replaced. Kinda sucks cause Blitzwing's character was about to get some good development, but instead we get a new "traitor" with no explanation other than he just says he was.

Click my sig to buy my Botcon stuff!
Insane Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #365
Sorcerer
News Credits: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to Pravus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector Squidma View Post
Five Faces of Darkness, Part 5

Back on Io, Sky Lynx arrives and swoop down to sa-

Okay...hold on a second...I want to pause the review here. I have a question WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY SMOKING WHEN THE CAME UP WITH SKY LYNX?!? Okay, let me explain. Sky Lynx turns into a space shuttle, well sort of. He turns into the top half. But that's not the weirdest part. Instead of having a normal robot mode, he turns into a fucking scary Wyvern-Shark-Bird thing! But THAT'S not the weirdest part! He also has this giant blue box growing out of his stomach like some kind of mechanical tumor! BUT THAT'S NOT THE WEIRDEST PART!!! The tumor turns into a GIANT BLUE KITTY CAT. How the hell did the cat get there? Is it his Siamese twin? Is it some sort of parasite? Is Sky Lynx...is he...FUCKING THE CAT?!? Okay...clearly Sky Lynx is the product of a warped and insane mind. Henceforward Sky Lynx shall be referred to as "The Abberation".

FYI, Sky Lynx is one of those toy molds that vastly predate Transformers and even predates Diaclone and Microman. He doesn't adhere to norms because when he was created there were none.

I'll leave a response on the majesty of Sky Lynx to other, more passionate participants.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #366
Back In The Game!
Collection Count: Three Masterpieces
Send a message via MSN to Tigertrack
So if Sky Lynx isn't (originally) A Diaclone, or Transformer, then where the hell did he come from? Voltron?
I never understood that character either. By the way, I think his animal mode is supposed to be a, uh, how do you spell that big Dinosaur bird thing? Tyradactcal?
Tigertrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #367
Omnibot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Galvatron View Post
In later episodes when you see Octane, keep in mind that it was supposed to be Blitzwing as a result of this episode. But Hasbro wanted the new triplechanger pushed, so Blitzy got replaced. Kinda sucks cause Blitzwing's character was about to get some good development, but instead we get a new "traitor" with no explanation other than he just says he was.
Just like in God Gambit where they replaced Megatron with Astrotrain.

Read that again: They replace MEGATRON with ASTROTRAIN. You know, the Decepticon who can talk to trains?
X-Brawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #368
"No Mas" My Wallet
Collection Count: 255
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcatron View Post
So if Sky Lynx isn't (originally) A Diaclone, or Transformer, then where the hell did he come from? Voltron?
I never understood that character either. By the way, I think his animal mode is supposed to be a, uh, how do you spell that big Dinosaur bird thing? Tyradactcal?
Sky Lynx was created by the ToyBox company the same company that gave us Omega Supreme.

3DSfriendcode : 0147-0004-7889
grimlock1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #369
That's what it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Galvatron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
FYI, Sky Lynx is one of those toy molds that vastly predate Transformers and even predates Diaclone and Microman. He doesn't adhere to norms because when he was created there were none.

I'll leave a response on the majesty of Sky Lynx to other, more passionate participants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Brawn View Post
Just like in God Gambit where they replaced Megatron with Astrotrain.

Read that again: They replace MEGATRON with ASTROTRAIN. You know, the Decepticon who can talk to trains?
these tidbits are very interesting. I never knew until now, and you know what they say about half the battle...

"But Prime, I'm-- I'm just a solider, I-- I'm not worthy."
UltraMagnus3786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #370
Dork of the moon
Funny description of Sky-Lynx ^^

A far as I can remember Sky Lynx was described as a "dino-bird" (from another planet one must presume?). The blue cat part of him is obviously a lynx.
The two parts shares the same spark/are the same being.

Be prepared for more crappy animation! I love this season but I'm sad to tell you that maybe 60% of this season is animated by AKOM
Obsidian X is offline   Reply With Quote