Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Funnies Adverts

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Banned
Drift's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 125 and a half, bout the half, i thought the minicon was meant to break in half
News Credits: 3
Funnies Adverts

I was siting here and realised, there are so many good comics, but I only found half of them 2 years After I joined. So, I came up with this idea (Shane/Seth, if you don't like this thread, please delete it).

Basically my vision is this will become a place to advertise your funnies, so new members (And old ones) can Get a taster of what your comic is about. You could create an advertisement from scratch or just copy and paste part of your normal comic. It doesn't necessarily have to be aboloutely coherent to your plot (If it isn't just say at the top of your post) if you want to show off story writing and skills more than your plot. For example, this would be a kick-ass advertisement (G13, IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME USING IT, JUST SAY AND i'LL GET RID OF IT, IT'S JUST i'M IN A BIT OF A HURRY).
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 801x1034 and weights 39KB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 801x1034 and weights 63KB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 801x1034 and weights 105KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 801x1034 and weights 90KB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 801x1034 and weights 77KB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 801x1034 and weights 46KB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 801x1034 and weights 55KB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 801x1034 and weights 60KB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 801x1034 and weights 33KB.

Then link your comic.

Hope people use this thread

-Drift
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Proud new dad!!
Collection Count: 2,250
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to Grimlock_13 Send a message via MSN to Grimlock_13 Send a message via Yahoo to Grimlock_13
No worries using that at all...and I think this thread is a GREAT idea. I realize we have a sticky up top with the synopsis of quite a few comics, but a thread like this with pictures could really be a great attention-getter! I'll have to come up with one for my funny comic
www.facebook.com/SlowRicky
Check out Grimlock_13's Attempt at Funnies if you dare! (CONCLUDED 11/22/13 with Comic 1,300!!!)
Grimlock_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Proud new dad!!
Collection Count: 2,250
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to Grimlock_13 Send a message via MSN to Grimlock_13 Send a message via Yahoo to Grimlock_13
I'm surprised no one else has jumped on board this...I think it's a great idea!
www.facebook.com/SlowRicky
Check out Grimlock_13's Attempt at Funnies if you dare! (CONCLUDED 11/22/13 with Comic 1,300!!!)
Grimlock_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #4
Needs a MTMTE Swerve Avy
Collection Count: 200-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock_13 View Post
I'm surprised no one else has jumped on board this...I think it's a great idea!
I'm thinking on how to do one that's relevant to my upcoming story arc, without giving any major details away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
To fight monsters, we just chucked a bunch of school-girls at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawddammit View Post
YOU NEED THE NEWEST MODEL NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE INFINITE SUPPLIES OF EVERYTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
You canít stab people with maces like that! That doesnít work!
Autobot Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
Lovable Noob
Collection Count: At least 20 transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
I'm thinking on how to do one that's relevant to my upcoming story arc, without giving any major details away.
try a quick teaser, like the villain giving a speech, or whatever character you will introduce in this next arc doing something actiony.
boxorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
Needs a MTMTE Swerve Avy
Collection Count: 200-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorak View Post
try a quick teaser, like the villain giving a speech, or whatever character you will introduce in this next arc doing something actiony.
I guess I can see what I can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
To fight monsters, we just chucked a bunch of school-girls at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawddammit View Post
YOU NEED THE NEWEST MODEL NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE INFINITE SUPPLIES OF EVERYTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
You canít stab people with maces like that! That doesnít work!
Autobot Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
D Witwicky biographer
Wow, been thinking of launching a thread like this for weeks...just hadn't gotten around to it yet. I was thinking more for people to give plugs to/of their favorite comics more so than comic makers to advertise their own work...dunno if it's exactly the same thing but I will not make one now cuz I think this thread covers the idea pretty much, lol
Updated 1/27/12
Hype1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
2005 Veteran
Andersonh1's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 320+
Send a message via AIM to Andersonh1 Send a message via Yahoo to Andersonh1
In theory, this is what the table of contents should do. Maybe this will work a little better. I don't know.

Let's experiment with it awhile and see. There's no harm in that.
Andersonh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
Collection Count: 815 TF, 142 Bionicle, and other stuff
News Credits: 4
Count me in for liking this idea, I've got one for my comic planned. But I've got one question first.

I've got three comics that all have been posted/are being posted in my one thread. Should I do three seperate adverts for each comic or just do one big one for all three?
Sharktibolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #10
Lovable Noob
Collection Count: At least 20 transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharktibolt View Post
Count me in for liking this idea, I've got one for my comic planned. But I've got one question first.

I've got three comics that all have been posted/are being posted in my one thread. Should I do three seperate adverts for each comic or just do one big one for all three?
Do separate ones, and have the adverts for the spinoffs have some sort of reference to the fact that they're in the same comic thread (I.E. "INTO THE SHADOWS: Only at Sharkticomics).
boxorak is offline   Reply With Quote