Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TransFormers Adventures on Planet Arus

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
Advanced Engineer
Collection Count: I'll have to check before I can be sure... (likely over 100, it spans nearly all US TF lines)
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Keith Prime

What happens when the TransFormers encounter Voltron & arrive on Planet Arus? Learn the secret behind the origin of Voltron: Who created the Mighty Robot!

This is Alternity Primax-Malgus 211.10 Beta Iota

I also have a sub-Alternity where my Prime Figures will leave to join this comic (eventually). Tentative names for that are
  • Trimax 812.7 Beta Alpha Zeta (Trinex & Trimax were suggested by Sol Fury a year+ ago for the Prime Alternity)
  • Trinex 812.7 Beta Alpha Zeta
  • Primax-Tyran 812.7 Beta Alpha Zeta (combining G1 & the movie designations, since Prime is more or less a hybrid of the 2)
  • the official one, if there is one (TFWiki did not show one for Prime when I looked the day before posting)
  • one already in use in the Funnies Forum, again if one exists (not that I'm aware of at this point)

NOTE: I've edited my links using the [POST][/POST] tags, so they should now work no matter your Posts per Page settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Update Index
I've decided to add an Update Index, for those who don't want to wade through all the posts... I know I have some LONG conversations in here. Figured I'd start early, so I don't get bogged down if this comic get's huge... This will also make it easy for anyone who JUST wants to read the in-comic reveiw of FansProject's improvements to Energon/ Universe/ RotF Bruticus.

Chapter Zero: Update 1: this post | Update 2: Dinobot Calvary | Update 3: Grimlocks' Dilima | Update 4: Grimlock vs. Grimlock | Update 5: Drift vs. Bludgeon, Encounter 1

Chapter 1: The Review (of FansProject's Crossfire 02 A & B: Bruticus Upgrade Kit) Update 6: Back at Base | Update 7: The Review Part 1: Gathering | Update 8: The Review Part 2: Accessories | Update 9: The Review Part 3: Who Goes First? | Update 10: The Review Part 4: The Last Combaticon | Update 11: The Reveiw Part 5: Bruticus!

Chapter 2: The Beginning: Update 12: Heroics & Legends | Update 13: Convoy of Primes | Update 14: Goodbyes & Hellos | Update 15: Agendas | Update 16: Shockwave's Response | Update 17: Preparations | Update 18: Wheeljack's Lab | Update 19: Wrecked & Ruled! | Update 20: Chases | Update 21: Doom Seekers | Update 22: TransFerence | Update 23: Con at Work | Update 24: 1st Solo Mission | Update 25: Rei's Report | Update 26: Ions & Blasters | Update 27: Misinterpretations | Update 28: Bad News | Update 29: On the Scrap Heap (1st Update of 2012) | Update 30: Boxed In | Update 31: Unexpected Questions | Update 32: Calvary Reunion | Update 33: Prime Intermission | Update 34: Prime Intermission II: Rampage Without Reason

TFWC-Con My panels for the TFWComi-Con 2011 were Canon; Vector Prime takes the group there at the end of Chapter 2: events there affect the cast here. Here are the links to my bits: Arrival* & Drift & Jazz's Metallikato Demo w/ Class (back-to-back posts) | "Spark Surgery" (short) | G1 Optimus Prime & BW Megatron Autograph Table (short) | Vector Prime particpated in the Writers Panel | TransFormers Advenutres on Planet Arus Panel** | Vector Prime's 1st Crossover* | Departure** | Vector Prime returned for the Ripoffs Anonymous Panel* | *= relavent to the comic, **= Important developments occur

Radicon Omake:
Omake means Extra in Japanese.
I eventually built a Lego Trailer to eliminate having to 'shop G2 Optimus for a trailer, since I don't have a MP Trailer... Also, I made an Omake (bonus, AU comic) of Wheeljack "building" the Trailer, as a thank you to my readers patience, as it delayed my comic. It is posted through out the Radicons thread. You can follow these links to each panel (some are grouped together), or click here to jump to that thread's linked index post.
Omake Panel 1 | Omake Panel 2 | Omake Panels 3 & 4 | Omake Panels 5 & 6 | Omake Panel 7 | Omake Panel 8 | Omake Panels 9 & 10 | Omake Panel 11 | Omake Panels 12 - 32

Why my TransFormers Toys are alive (The characters in my comic from Voltron are from other planets, so I just run w/ the tiny aliens thing.)

expanded Fanon, used as the backstory for the TF toyline
Rules for using my Multiversal Singularity can be found here or by contacting me. (now directly links to the usage section of that update. To read the update where he appears, look at Update 13: Convoy of Primes)

This is my first attempt at anything like this, so please be patient. Also, sorry the lighting sucks in the first few updates... I'm hoping when I relocate to a different room, later (probably when the review starts), the lighting will improve... I'm using LED Flashlights in an attempt to offset the yellowing of the spiral Energy Saver bulbs used here. I also apologize for the clutter around the place. & the TOTAL lack of sets (though, there is going to be at least one recurring background element, when we get to Planet Arus). I'm also using my cell phone for my camera... Probably why it's so dark...

Some thanks are in order: I used the following FX Tutorials:
Polenicus's Explosions...with Pathos!
Coolhand's on Fire, AKA: The Burninator & Glowing with Pride
Riplclaw's 2 Minute Instant Laserbeam's, Mmmm (though, I worked out my own lasers)
Granted, none of these come into play this update.

Here's a Tutorial I made myself. Complete (it covers the basics & some advanced stuff, & I show the Menus!): Keith Prime's Shocking Lightening & Cybervenom

Adding credit for fonts I forgot were downloaded here:
  • TransMetals Normal (used for: Tarantulas) & Transformers Solid Normal (used for MP Optimus Prime) were made by Neale Davidson.
  • Knight Rider, used for the Dinobots (Classics & Animated) was made by L. Ross Raszewski
  • The Maximal & Predacon Script text in my original sig, which may be used in other things (including 'Laserbeak vision'), was made by Jim Sorenson. I have his Golden Disc Font, too, which may or may not be used. (might as well be safe).
  • Dalek (used for TransMetal II Dinobot) was made by Keith Bates (NOT me)
  • if I forgot to include any other custom fonts being used, I apologize. Most fonts are from Windows, & the customs mix in.
  • I have a couple other Doctor Who fonts I may use in the future, but can't read who they're by in the Properties menu. I've switched computers, so their accompanying info could've been lost in the transfer.
  • I have made no custom fonts. All Fonts used are Freeware or included w/ Windows. Since this isn't for profit, this list may not have been necessary.

Credit for my Cybertronican backgrounds:

Mandingo Rex (TFormers s/n) made the Teletraan Diorama print out, which I used digitally to create the G1-ish backgrounds for Cybertron, which will be used again to create the AEG HQ that will be set up on Arus. His TFormers profile page | Where I found the print out files

The first bit is set up (no good story can get off the ground w/o set up), so it'll be a bit before we actually get to Planet Arus... But it will be fun, I can almost guarantee it...

I had originally planned to post the beginning as an ACO's Reviews in the Box followed by a Running Battle, (both threads run by Polenicus), but I find making FX in Gimp rather simple, & have had good feed back on them & the story (a bit, from the few I've discussed it with at least), & thought I'd go on & post my first update in my own thread, instead.

A word of warning: updates will be sporadic, as my head injury limits my activities.

Constructive criticism is encouraged, as this is also my first attempt at decent humor... Though, there's a good chance this could end up being a more serious comic... I hope the comic relief I set up works well...

& now for the first post of

TransFormers Adventures on Planet Arus | New updates coming in 2014
My thought process was slagged, so I'll be editing my posts a lot. Intellect: Intact
Keith Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
D Witwicky biographer
Looks like you are off to a really good start KP! As far as the lighting goes, have you tried the flash lights WITH the room lighting? The most important thing for ANY photo is light (for both film and digital) so if you use both it will give your phone a brighter base image to start with. With the main lights as fill lights your flashlights can actually serve as key lights and they will create some pretty dynamic highlights and shadows.
Updated 1/27/12
Hype1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Advanced Engineer
Collection Count: I'll have to check before I can be sure... (likely over 100, it spans nearly all US TF lines)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1 View Post
Looks like you are off to a really good start KP! As far as the lighting goes, have you tried the flash lights WITH the room lighting? The most important thing for ANY photo is light (for both film and digital) so if you use both it will give your phone a brighter base image to start with. With the main lights as fill lights your flashlights can actually serve as key lights and they will create some pretty dynamic highlights and shadows.
I do have the room lights on. Sometimes 3, & my computer was down near those shots. I'll move the next bit under an over-head-ish light, & see if that helps. I have no idea why those are so dark. My initial test shots to experiment w/ Gimp were only that dark w/ one LED...

However, I think the near total black background works for the shot w/ Bludgeon.

Glad you like it so far. If my head injury cooperates, I hope to have part 2 up soon... (The shots have already been taken, but they're FX heavy.)

My thought process was slagged, so I'll be editing my posts a lot. Intellect: Intact
Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
DementedDino1
Collection Count: lost some, got more.....i dont keep count anyway
Send a message via MSN to Ripclaw Send a message via Skype™ to Ripclaw
other than the problems you stated, i find this good so far, and have you tried raising the exposure on your phones camera? that helped me before i got a camera

*Updated 06/06/13* Season 2 Episode 1 Part 2 The Hero's Journey Part 1.
ripclaws new funnies (maybe) *Updated 06/10/13* New Arrival.
Ripclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Advanced Engineer
I'm glad you like it. You'll probably like how they get out of this.

Hope to have the next bit up before noon...

As to Exposure settings, I don't know how to, or even if I can, change the exposure. I didn't find a setting... Before doing this, I never really used my camera... I get cells to use as phones, & maybe organizers. When I took a test shot in my room of a white figure, he still looked white, so bulbs other than what are used out here should work fine. My phone does have an incandecent filter, or whatever it's called...

Old 02-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
DementedDino1
on most phones the left and right buttons control exposure, on the smart phones i think its in settings, im not sure cause my current one is fine without messing with exposure, in fact, its better than my camera without the flash turned on

Old 02-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
Advanced Engineer
Update 2

Or is this update 1? Well, it's the 2nd posting, so I'll call it 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripclaw View Post
on most phones the left and right buttons control exposure, on the smart phones i think its in settings, im not sure cause my current one is fine without messing with exposure, in fact, its better than my camera without the flash turned on
I think I found it, thanks... We'll see if that helps next update.

These were taken last night, however, but I intentionally kept the yellow in the first few (I was going for a lava flow feel, let me know if that gets across). This is about 1/2 the panels of the first update, but about 1/2 the shots had graphics, & this ends on a nice line.

W/o further ado:

Update 2: Dinobot Calvary

Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
D Witwicky biographer
lmbo, Screamer sure did change his tone mighty quick,lol
Updated 1/27/12
Hype1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
Advanced Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1 View Post
lmbo, Screamer sure did change his tone mighty quick,lol
Well, this IS G1 Starscream... I see him as smart (he was a Scientist after all), a compotent leader, but his survival circuits are overloading.

Besides, HE WAS FACING TWO Grimlocks! Any smart 'Con would reconsider engaging in battle against those odds... well, any 'Con 'cept Straxus & Bludgeon...

Speaking of which... I have shots taken for the next update, but don't know if I want to edit & post what I have, or take the shots of the fight first & post it all/ most of it (may have to split the individual fights, depending on how I feel when I'm shooting & editing it)?

& thanks Ripclaw, the next update won't be as dark.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
DementedDino1
no problem, always happy to help if im able

nice update, two grimlocks against any number of 'cons = total ownage of 'cons