Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TransFormers Adventures on Planet Arus

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
Technobot
TWO Grimlocks....starscream is fragged! I didn't expect the elite gaurd to be the first to show up! The Classic Jetfire shot was real nice. Kinda interesting to me that animated Snarl shows up. I Just got that toy last week. You seem to have a handle on effects so far. Still some lighting troubles though. Do you have any kind of desk lamp you could move to where you are shooting at? That might help with seeing the bots beter, of course, it wouldn't help the yellow problem.

Updated 6/2/2011
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...anonymous.html
ectoneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
Advanced Engineer
Collection Count: I'll have to check before I can be sure... (likely over 100, it spans nearly all US TF lines)
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Keith Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoneon View Post
TWO Grimlocks....starscream is fragged!

I didn't expect the elite gaurd to be the first to show up!
Well, I'm focusing on the AEG, so kinda had to use Animated Grimlock... But Classics is too cool not to use too, so BOOM: 2 Grimlocks... But who will which fight? I know, but getting those panels shot & shopped is going to test me...

Quote:
The Classic Jetfire shot was real nice. Kinda interesting to me that animated Snarl shows up. I Just got that toy last week. You seem to have a handle on effects so far.
Thanks, I'm glad I pulled that Skyfire (that's Skyfire, G1) shot off so well... Wasn't sure if I got the perspective right, but it was close enough... & that panel was a beast: EVERYTHING in the drop panel had to be cut out (luckily, Gimp aids in that, though it's still a partly manual process), rotated, resized, or otherwise created from scratch... But I had to do it to get Classics Grimlock in for the dual "Me, Grimlock" quote. lol

I really did expect the effects to be much harder. Especially since I've never tried anything like this before. I think my natural, God-given computer skills are making up for it...

I'm also glad all the TFs already have personalities, otherwise I wouldnt've tried this.

Quote:
Still some lighting troubles though. Do you have any kind of desk lamp you could move to where you are shooting at? That might help with seeing the bots beter, of course, it wouldn't help the yellow problem.
Don't you think if I did, I'd've used it by now? The next set of pics came out lighter, thanks to Ripclaw, I think... & if I shoot in a room w/ different light bulbs, the yellow should be fixed. But I had most of my initial stuff planned for this room (well, nothing going on now was in the original planning, as I was going to start w/ an ACO review), & the test shots came out better than the actual... Might be an issue of being closer to the floor?

At least the few posts I've gotten so far have all been positive. ^_^ That's nice.

Oh, & I'm on my 2nd page already...

I've decided to go on & at least shoot the start of the fight before shopping & posting my next update, as there's a nice out-of-nowhere moment that would be ruined if I made it a cliffhanger. ^_^

You're welcome to try to guess what I'm upto... But I seriously doubt any of you will...

TransFormers Adventures on Planet Arus | New updates coming in 2014
My thought process was slagged, so I'll be editing my posts a lot. Intellect: Intact
Keith Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #13
Advanced Engineer
Collection Count: I'll have to check before I can be sure... (likely over 100, it spans nearly all US TF lines)
Ambition

This is worth an intentional double post in my own thread:

I think I'll be over my head shopping the next update... I've finished the next set of pics... Hopefully I can use them how I want to...

Being a multi-opponent fight sequence, I had a vision in my head... unfolding as I went... I hope I do what was in my head justice... or left myself enough leeway if I indeed am over my head...

Either way, I'll probably know the limit of the effects I can pull off at this point...

As such, my ambition makes estimating when I'll have the next update ready impossible... I have enough shot to finish the current fight, & hence get us to the Review in 2 or 3 updates, if I can use them all...

My thought process was slagged, so I'll be editing my posts a lot. Intellect: Intact
Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 AM   #14
Transit Former
Collection Count: More than I did...
Good start! I think I like the spotlight effect, intended or not. It helps keep the focus on the figures.

Beating up Starscream is always a good idea.

Of course, sooner or later, word of this is going to get to the Castle of Lions...

BRT at TFW: 1/29/13 with killer butterflies.
Archive here: www.blurryrobot.com...B.A. Nebulacus here!
Autobus Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #15
Advanced Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobus Prime View Post
Good start! I think I like the spotlight effect, intended or not. It helps keep the focus on the figures.

Beating up Starscream is always a good idea.

Of course, sooner or later, word of this is going to get to the Castle of Lions...
Thanks. I'm glad people are enjoying it. There are some twists coming up... & Voltron will appear in a few updates, but not during the fight...

& I want my Decepticons be to a credible, but intelligent threat. How intelligent can you be if you don't recognize Grimlock, ESPECIALLY TWO Grimlocks as a serious threat?

Right now, we're still on Earth, until the Review is done, then the action goes to the Castle of Lions. MP Voltron, along w/ MP Op, is slated to be one of the size comparison figures for Bruticus.

I had intended to start w/ the Review, but Pol never got back to me for permisison to post in his ACO thread (probably been busy w/ work), & Gimp is suprisingly easy to use, so I just started the comic thread... W/ a set up before the review... So far, everything has been improvised. Classics & Animated figures really do write themselves...

Hopefully, now that I'm nearly done w/ shooting out here, when I go to another room, the lighting will improve... Don't know if I'll keep the LED lights or not then... Depends on conditions & such... & if several people ask me to...

Old 02-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
Advanced Engineer
Update 3! Grimlocks' Dilima

Still some lighting problems, but not as bad... Worked out for the Grimlocks... I now have access to a larger flashlight, so hopefully the next shoot won't be so dark/ yellow...

Also of note, I had to go back for several panels to add Animated Grimlock's Flame effect... Most panels were saved & closed & another open (if not finished) before I realized I might've forgotten the flame... Luckily, it's a simple, 2 step effect... At least for me... I know some of you may have trouble w/ it... (I recommend Coolhand's on Fire, AKA: The Burninator/ Flaming GIMP- How to burn down your comics; there are also Tutorials for Photoshop)
This update has the twist I've been talking about... Still had to split it up, as the next bit is a complicated fight.

Update 3: Grimlocks' Dilima

NOTE -- This panel is meant to be Nightstick attaching to Cyclonus & acting as a booster, to get him airborn while Offline.

The fights will be next... May reshoot Grimlocks', as the light makes it hard to see & some pics weren't usable. Drift's will be tricky...

Let me know honestly (spoiler blocked for those who haven't read Update 3 yet): Who expected Animated Grimlock to attack Classics Grimlock, instead of a Decepticon, allowing them to escape?

I also left some toys where a shot that's not supposed to have them did (mostly due to shooting out of order, in an attepmt to maintain fight choreography & continuity), so let me know how I did covering those up? (the other Animated Dinobots for instance). If you didn't noticel I shopped some of the carpet, then I did good.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #17
DementedDino1
Collection Count: lost some, got more.....i dont keep count anyway
Send a message via MSN to Ripclaw Send a message via Skype™ to Ripclaw
i expected the grimlocks fighting.....but not until after they bashed a feww decepticons

*Updated 06/06/13* Season 2 Episode 1 Part 2 The Hero's Journey Part 1.
ripclaws new funnies (maybe) *Updated 06/10/13* New Arrival.
Ripclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #18
Advanced Engineer
Of course they're going to disagree when they aren't distracted! ONE Grimlock's ego could fill 3 Teletraan's. I wanted to change things up early. ^_^ Grimlock even argues/ fight's w/ Optimus, so that's bound to happen later regardless...

What about my fixing figures in panels they weren't supposed to be in?

Old 02-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #19
Technobot
Grimlocks fighting each other. Soemhow it just seems like what they would do. Loved the shot of Straxus Transforming! And no, I didn't notice the carpet being shopped till you pointed i out. Also, animated Grimmy's fire sword was nice.

Updated 6/2/2011
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...anonymous.html
ectoneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #20
Advanced Engineer
I've decided I'm going to reshoot the Grimlock/ Grimlock & Drift/ Bludgeon fights, as some of the pics weren't usable, making them shorter than I wanted, & w/ a Mag-Lite, I should be able to get better quality, & better lit pics for them...

Forgive me if I forget to flame up Animated Grim's sword some panels... I want to do a LOT of effects for the battles.

I do intend to try a burning effect & some explosions, so it may be a bit before I actually get the update ready to be posted, as explosions following Pol's tutorial take a bit... Glad AniGrim's sword is only a 2 step process for me.

After the fight, I'll start the Review (might have a non-conflict update inbetween). I was wondering if you guys would rather I post the review all at once, or in ~20 panel segments?

*edit*
Reshoot in progress

Last edited by Keith Prime; 02-14-2011 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: prevent double post