Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Beyond Your Wildest Imagination!

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #21
'Till All are One!
StarFire_MK2's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Used to be 100's--now 23 (and counting!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. C. R. Former View Post
If you had ever followed my threads in the Radicons, you would've seen a preview of which customs will be showing up. The Background consists of MSG Chain Link Bases... plus whatever else is in my room.
Ah, so Skidjack will make an appearance, eh? Cool. What's MSG stand for (other than tasty cancer-causing food)?

I'm going to enjoy seeing how this comic evolves. I think you've created a challenge for yourself by mixing so many different scales into your strip. Very ambitious! (I envy you for your PG, btw...I simply don't have room for any more TF's atm, but he and Silverbolt are on my want list)
StarFire_MK2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #22
TFW2005 Supporter
Collection Count: Is it possible to have too many Primes?
News Credits: 2
Last panel of the first strip......really had to laugh at the looong list of Wheeljack's. This is a very nice start...hope to see many more!
a little something I do to pay for my hobby.
http://www.flaghouse.org/

War of 1812 Bi-centennial is NOW!
http://starspangled200.org/About/Pages/Welcome.aspx
Anodythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #23
Spiff's Stunt Double
Collection Count: Most of the Alts and MP's, with a few choice Classics and Movie-Formers thrown in for spice.

Powerglide has freinds in high places...or at least in the Hasbro design dept!

Out Of The Dead Land-An Alternators Photocomic. Updated 28/03/2013
Follow Grimlock on twitter! MeGrimlock_KING!
Follow Out Of the Dead Land on Facebook. Extra content and collected Media!
Coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #24
Is probably insane...
E. C. R. Former's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A lot...
Send a message via AIM to E. C. R. Former Send a message via Skype™ to E. C. R. Former
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
Yes, Powerglide, someone up there does love you. : D

And in other news, I still don't have enough money to get Powerglide. >: (
Well, you could always try badgering someone to giving them yours (not mine though ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFire_MK2 View Post
Ah, so Skidjack will make an appearance, eh? Cool. What's MSG stand for (other than tasty cancer-causing food)?

I'm going to enjoy seeing how this comic evolves. I think you've created a challenge for yourself by mixing so many different scales into your strip. Very ambitious! (I envy you for your PG, btw...I simply don't have room for any more TF's atm, but he and Silverbolt are on my want list)
I do indeed plan on introducing my custom Skids in this webcomic eventually. As for Skidjack though...

It stands for "Mobile Suit Gundam". You can get them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodythe View Post
Last panel of the first strip......really had to laugh at the looong list of Wheeljack's. This is a very nice start...hope to see many more!
I had a feeling the list would induce some LOLs. Glad I included it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post

Powerglide has freinds in high places...or at least in the Hasbro design dept!
Same could be said about the Micromasters these days (movie Big Daddy, Universe Stormcloud, Universe Dropshot, Universe Tread Bolt). Maybe someone at hasbro likes making little guys big.

Anyway, I'm currently at a bit of a dilemma right now. I've got pictures up till chapter four all taken and ready to go. However, I'm still waiting in the mail for a key figure who's supposed to star in chapter five. Unfortunately he has yet to arrive. This is exasperated by the fact that there's been severe delays in mail due to a local airport strike and I may have to prepare for the possibility that the figure might not even show up until late March at the worst.

There are a number of ways I can work around this.

1) I can change the order of my one shots. This is probably the best option and it will certainly work. The main problem with this is that chapter 5 is important for introducing the Decepticons into the webcomic and if I switch the order, that will mean I'll have to focus exclusively on the Autobots for a while rather than mixing them up like I was initially hoping to.

2) Substitute a different figure for the character. This is also very possible as I already have a substitute figure. The problem with that is that once the actual figure arrives, I'll have to come up with an in comic reason why the character changed body forms.

3) Go on hiatus. Post up to chapter four and then just stop posting until the figure arrives? OK, this might've been the option I'd have thought of if this was chapter 50 or 60 but at this early stage in the webcomic's life, not an option!

Of course, best case scenario is that the figure arrives next week or even better, this week which makes this dilemma moot. I can only pray.
Webcomic updated Apr. 23rd, 2014 - Chapter 341: The Matrix, Vector Sigma, and the Chosen One
E. C. R. Former is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #25
'Till All are One!
If you can find a way to work around it that doesn't hurt the story, go for it. Sometimes, being inventive pays off and the story benefits from it. In my story, the whole Ratchet/Sunstreaker/flashback battle was supposed to come later on. I was going to introduce the gobot much earlier and continue with Thundercracker's story arc.
But my gobot took much longer to arrive from ebay than expected, so I had to move things around. In retrospect, I think the story is better for it, and I now have a sequential formula I use to post chapters: Autobot base/Decepticon base/misc.

Certainly don't force yourself to alter the story in a way which doesn't fit in with your plans. If you need a hiatus, well, take one! Post up to chapter 4 and wait. We'll be waiting here when you're ready to post again
Old 02-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #26
Retired Transformers Fan
Collection Count: Zero.
News Credits: 11
These are great!

Click the sig to go to TFW2005's sister site, TokuNation, for all things Tokusatsu!
Nintendo Network ID: Eric322 / Steam ID: nintendoranger / 3DS Friend Code: 1435-4875-7021
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #27
R to the D to the D yo.
Collection Count: Lots, I give up trying to count them.
News Credits: 1
Send a message via ICQ to ShadowDragon Send a message via AIM to ShadowDragon Send a message via MSN to ShadowDragon Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowDragon
Good job so far! I like what I see. Option 1 does seem to be your better one this early in the game.

Episode 146: The battle to end all battles. 04/01/2011

[ www.BusouShinkiWorld.com | TFW2005 Shinki Cult Member ]
My TF Collection Thread
ShadowDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #28
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: a lot
great start
Beast Wars X and Prime Force 3/3/2009

Updated 21/12/2013
King Waspinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #29
Is probably insane...
E. C. R. Former's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A lot...
Send a message via AIM to E. C. R. Former Send a message via Skype™ to E. C. R. Former
Thanks for the advise everyone. Anyway, after careful thought I decided to go with option 2. After I posted my dilemma, I thought about the whole thing during dinner when all of a sudden BAM! I get a one-shot plot inspiration to explain the body change. In fact, it's now at the point that once chapter 5 rolls around, I'll be using the substitute figure anyway even if the actual figure has arrived because I've come up with an idea for a new one-shot. I love it when it all works out like that. Then again, necessity is the mother of invention as they say.

But that's for later when chapter 5 rolls around. For now, here's chapter 3!

Chapter 3 - Minimum Dinobots

Webcomic updated Apr. 23rd, 2014 - Chapter 341: The Matrix, Vector Sigma, and the Chosen One
E. C. R. Former is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #30
'Till All are One!
Ah, poor Slag.
Swoop has very good grammar for a Dinobot..been playing with Hooked on Phonics, has he?