Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Half-randomness just for the fun of it. By Fez

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Just for the fun of it.

IMPORTANT on 21.11.2013 : Noticed that quite a few image links are broken. gonna try and fix'em all durin' this week or so. Sorry for any inconvenience.

EDIT - Fixed most of'em, I think.

(Oh man, shouldn't have prolly used the word "Randomness" in title. Its too much like the title in Renidragon's comic. Any way of altering the thread title? :s Also, sorry about that, Renidragon. Didn't spend enough time on thinking stuff)

The story behind this is most likely the usual, hanging around in this forum, readin' a lot of the funnies and having a toy collection and a camera and inspiration and time to think about it seriously, and finally deciding on trying out makin' a comic myself too.

A good friend of mine helped on the first two photocomics, and I've discussed with him about the other two comin' up. So not all credits to me.
The first one in this post was somethin' I half-randomly shot with a digital camera while watching a Transformers episode "Face of Nijika". More of a study in interaction or something and... anyways, I don't know what reads in the Japanese dialoque, myself XD . I did ask my friend, but he never told so far.

Oh yeah, that other figure has a story behind her too. She's not exactly a Busou Shinki nor a revoltech, and with the age of the figure, she got broken at a couple of spots (her neck and her right foot). Need to fix her up when I find out the best way to do it. However, she can be put in quite some poses.

However, I'll leave the guessing of what figure she is or what she's from to ya, just for the fun of it. I'll finish the story after that.

Anyways, I do know these are rough around the edges and show that I'm clearly a beginner at this. Especially the second comic... I took the photo's on that months ago too, when I was not having the clear grasp at taking close-ups. Then that camera died down on me. Got a new one for Christmas though

1#

2#

Last edited by Fez Findie; 02-02-2008 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Too similar title to another photocomic.
Fez Findie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
3#

Old 02-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
4#

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs27/f/20...ezFindie44.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs27/f/20...ezFindie44.jpg

Old 02-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
Jus' makin' some comics..
NotAnAutobot's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 22 TF's; 13 Bionicle; 4 Medabots; 2 Zoids; 2 Gundams; 1 Revoltech
Send a message via AIM to NotAnAutobot
Woah.....
That was funny, but that last one I just couldn't read. Can't you make it smaller?
Signature taken down for housecleaning...
Generation 2, If You see this and want to participate copy and paste this into Your signature and add one number to the generation!
NotAnAutobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAutobot View Post
Woah.....
That was funny, but that last one I just couldn't read. Can't you make it smaller?
That's what I'm trying to do here among other things.

Don't worry, I ain't plannin' on keep tellin' people to copy-paste the image URL to try and read it in less space. I know that once you get glitches and know-how's figured out at the beginnin', it will work out a lot better. No reason to give up just because thing's ain't going that fluidly at very first. Though I'm not gonna excuse myself that and leave these this way.

Though on the other hand, this is probably gonna be a good field example of what stuff can go wrong when ya start at this business.

Edit: Actually, I figured out another trick I'll try just now. Or maybe not.

Might just as well post a link to this thread in here, as I just found it. 'twas like in the 10th page.

How do you make Transformers Comics?

Allright, I'll make a deviantart page then. Imageshack actin' up...
Old 02-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAutobot View Post
Woah.....
Thanks.

Finally! Managed to make the Deviantart page and thus input reasonable sized images of these comics. Gettin' new comics should be much easier next time... (now just the title of this comic... should be "Just for the fun of it" for reason stated in the first post) How many of ya had similar glitches at starting a new comic in here?

"Now I know!"
Old 02-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #7
おもちゃは今とても暑いです
News Credits: 9
The robot chick speaking in Chinese is from Virtual On series right? VR Fei Yen?
Musta be a Wave injection kit. Or I could be wrong.

IOh. BTW. Welcome to the funnies! I dig your work
Come, I find the Ark for you. Visit my page : げんもん Photo Vault
TCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
Sub-Commander
transmetal2dinobot's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 42
Send a message via MSN to transmetal2dinobot
loffles
I left this place to write a book, and now I'm back. So, to clear the air of this awkwardness... take a look at the it? :D

http://itunes.apple.com/book/the-hol...86573107?mt=11 (US iTunes)
transmetal2dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:43 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCracker View Post
The robot chick speaking in Chinese is from Virtual On series right? VR Fei Yen?
Musta be a Wave injection kit. Or I could be wrong.

IOh. BTW. Welcome to the funnies! I dig your work
You are right. Or rather, that's "Fei Yen the Tiger". The thing is, she was in this comic book store for like years and years, always seeing it on the shelf, thinking that it looks kickass. (the figure was originally released in 1998)

However, about half a year ago, after I went to the coffee place I used to go before seeing the therapist I saw since I was 4 or so, for the annual of the last time I went to her. I already had actually started thinking about buying that figure and... well, so I did. =P

Or wait, was it back in year and half ago... dunno now. Either way, that's how it went.

Of course, as said, the years had taken a bit of a toll on the figure, and her ankle and neck got snapped and I'm currently using blu-tack to keep'em in place, though I know I need something more permanent than that.

Also, thanks for checkin' this, TM2Dinobot. And as well also, while it might be just my opinion; Virtual On kicked ass They oughta friggin' release some collection of the older games or a whole new game or something...
Old 02-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #10
Is bullheaded.
Collection Count: 12...no wait, 13
News Credits: 1
O_O;; Man, the one with Metroplex was genuinely creepy... *Shiver*

Nice start. Although one aspect that can be improved (one that you already know) would be the text and comic panel size.

And I guessed as much that the tiger chick is from Virtual On.

^On a stick!^
(Updated 22nd Feb 2013: Making Up For Lost Time)
DilaZirK is offline   Reply With Quote