Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Warring at Play

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #7211
'Till All are One!
StarFire_MK2's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Used to be 100's--now 23 (and counting!)
MP Rodimus is sooo cool! I've got the black version, and you're right, his articulation is amazing. I really want the red version under my tree this year
StarFire_MK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #7212
Leader
Collection Count: 124
And you had to leave it at a cliffhanger

My podcast Xbox live Gamertag: Fafireguy
3DS Friend Code: 3325-3135-6559
fafireguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #7213
Oooooh my.

.... I gotta admit, this is the closest to me bein' grateful at Roddy for something.
Half-Randomly. Updated 25.7.2014
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-funnies/165099-half-randomness-just-fun-fez.html
My DA page: http://fezfindie44.deviantart.com/
Fez Findie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #7214
Spiff's Stunt Double
Collection Count: Most of the Alts and MP's, with a few choice Classics and Movie-Formers thrown in for spice.
Ah, I loves me some duel-pistol sideways diving. Kudos to Pol for getting that classic John Woo style"Crouched behind cover, pistols crooked by the head, back and forth banter" moment framed and delivered so perfectly.

Now, the arrival of MP Hot Rod is very, very interesting. From first glance, this Roddy appears to share the same warrior/protector ethos of our beloved Alt Roddy, and has the same knack for showing up in the nick of time to save the girl.

But that's not what's interesting.

What's interesting is that Pol has mentioned, I think, that some of these guys will be showing up in the main comic, and I'm wondering what will happen if one of these guys in MP Hot Rod. I wonder how Alt Roddy would deal with it if another version of himself is in the picture? The guy has already talked with Strarf about how's not entirely comfortable with what's expected of him as a Hot Rod archetype. I wonder how having another Hot Rod show up, one who has a G1 accurate aesthetic, a nice space in his chest all ready for the matrix, and his own pimpin' target master would affect him?

Also, it makes me wonder how a line of succession might go? Would an MP Hot Rod outrank an Alt Hot Rod, or does Optimus run his military command structure more along the lines of actual experience and time served? From what I've seen of Prime's style, I imagine its the latter but that's just a hunch.

Also, how would Strarf react? How similar is this Hot Rod to the one she's fallen for? And more to this point, does this new Roddy also have a really helpful mid-point in his transformation?

Of course, MP Hot Rod might not survive to see the House, so this all might be moot, but its fun to speculate.

In the next update, MP Rod gets an unexpected spear through the back and all of the above is rendered moot.

Out Of The Dead Land-An Alternators Photocomic. Updated 28/03/2013
Follow Grimlock on twitter! MeGrimlock_KING!
Follow Out Of the Dead Land on Facebook. Extra content and collected Media!
Coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #7215
Decepticon
If Lavina's like Strarf, Roddy's gonna get slapped for butting in... then kissed for saving her.
Shikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #7216
Had an Epiphany
Location: I'm on Earth, silly! But I might be just behind you
Collection Count: Thousands of Transformers, Shinkis, Lego Sets (custom & normal), Robot Spirits, Figmas, & SHFiguarts
DAMMIT, YOU DO NOT JUST INTERFERE WITH A FINISHING MOVE. You have to let it go through! : P

But yea, that was pretty cool, even if he "missed". XP

The Old TMD&C! Blog deviantART account Dremare's Reviews
Drem's Galleries Dreams of a 9th Grade Artist Drem's Blog 2
Dremare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #7217
Warring At Play
Polenicus's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via ICQ to Polenicus Send a message via MSN to Polenicus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellamin View Post
Ooooo, rodimus! he looks to be a skilled protector, good, too many make him do things with an excessively cavalier manner, now things seem to be heating up!

Hmmm, I get the faint sense of some punning going on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueAV2003 View Post
I've been going around getting caught up on comics I've missed being out of the loop this summer. All I can say is:

DAMN! I missed WAP and these sweet effects!

As I made it to that last frame, my brain started getting the Stan Bush music revved up for the fight!
I've actually found there's some Stan Bush music out there that really works for Roddy that WASN'T in the movie, that I sometimes use for inspiration. I can't take credit for it, someone else found it and I stumbled across it on a random Youtube browse:

Stan Bush - Love Is The Road - YouTube

Too bad Stan resorted to copying Linkin Park and vids with creepy guitar guy later on... :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Prime View Post
YAY! WaP is back!

I don't know if it looks like the show, but the effect in question looks good. I get a Phoenix Fire vibe off it.

Well, the pieces are in place for Hot Rod to get his upgrade in the main comic... Now, will Pol do it or tease us forever?
Tease you forever, of course. DUH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFire_MK2 View Post
MP Rodimus is sooo cool! I've got the black version, and you're right, his articulation is amazing. I really want the red version under my tree this year
Just make sure to get either the Hasbro version, or the 2nd release of the Takara one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafireguy View Post
And you had to leave it at a cliffhanger
Of course I did... this is ME here. I am legally not allowed to resolve a plot thread without introducing two more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
What's interesting is that Pol has mentioned, I think, that some of these guys will be showing up in the main comic, and I'm wondering what will happen if one of these guys in MP Hot Rod. I wonder how Alt Roddy would deal with it if another version of himself is in the picture? The guy has already talked with Strarf about how's not entirely comfortable with what's expected of him as a Hot Rod archetype. I wonder how having another Hot Rod show up, one who has a G1 accurate aesthetic, a nice space in his chest all ready for the matrix, and his own pimpin' target master would affect him?

Also, it makes me wonder how a line of succession might go? Would an MP Hot Rod outrank an Alt Hot Rod, or does Optimus run his military command structure more along the lines of actual experience and time served? From what I've seen of Prime's style, I imagine its the latter but that's just a hunch.

Also, how would Strarf react? How similar is this Hot Rod to the one she's fallen for? And more to this point, does this new Roddy also have a really helpful mid-point in his transformation?

Of course, MP Hot Rod might not survive to see the House, so this all might be moot, but its fun to speculate.
I've actually developed some ideas on the succession, and becoming a Prime and what that might entail, and how that might not be such a desirable thing. Beyond the whole 'Burden of leadership' nonsense. You are receiving and becoming permanently and intimately linked with an artifact that is both the repository of the knowledge, wisdom and personalities of every Prime before you, as well as being a direct link to the wellspring from which all Transformer life springs. What does that kind of thing do to a person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
In the next update, MP Rod gets an unexpected spear through the back and all of the above is rendered moot.
You know me! I'd never do that!

... Unless it was done by a Dark Entity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikaze View Post
If Lavina's like Strarf, Roddy's gonna get slapped for butting in... then kissed for saving her.
I think Strarf might object a bit if her little sister was making time with HER Rodimus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
DAMMIT, YOU DO NOT JUST INTERFERE WITH A FINISHING MOVE. You have to let it go through! : P
Rules of Kamen Rider and Sentai series:

1. Finishing moves are always unblockable, undodgeable, and one-hit kills, regardless of what has happened with the fight up until this point, and or charge time of the move.

2. If at any point a finishing move is dodged or blocked, it is an indication that the hero is about to receive his mid-season upgrade, and a new finishing move that WILL work, and go back to being undodgeable and unblockable.

3. ???

4. PROFIT
Polenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #7218
Decepticon
OOO would like to have a word with you... given his TaToBa's kick WAS blocked early in the season.
Shikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #7219
Warring At Play
Polenicus's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via ICQ to Polenicus Send a message via MSN to Polenicus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikaze View Post
OOO would like to have a word with you... given his TaToBa's kick WAS blocked early in the season.
How long afterwards before he got his first full color combination?
Polenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #7220
Camshaft's Master
Collection Count: 80 :O
at Devy destroying Gangnam Style. Its popularity has blown too far IMHO. >.> Anyways, what is your opinion of Gangnam Style, Pol?

Love the 2 short strips you've posted!! Great FXs!!
Z.U.D.O.N is offline   Reply With Quote