Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

How do you make Transformers Comics?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
How do you make Transformers Comics?

I tried to but i can't make it I used old photo's of my transformers but I can't make the bubbles bigger,I can't add the text and the bubbles are too small and i want to do more what do i do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
∞ GΣΣK
Collection Count: Α ⇔ Ω
What graphics program are you using? It sounds like none... so that'd be your first stop. Try GIMP, Fireworks, or Photoshop.

The Price of Justice is 8700 Yen
My TFW2005 Feedback - My Wants List - My Haves List
Sector Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #3
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
I use Adobe Photoshop!

Quote:
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 PM   #4
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Anyone!

Quote:
Old 08-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
∞ GΣΣK
Collection Count: Α ⇔ Ω
Then it sounds like there's something wrong with the program - or you don't know how to use it yet. There's really no reason why you shouldn't be able to do the things that you say you can't with that program.

Take some time and check out the hundreds, if not thousands of Photoshop tutorials out there. Just Google "photoshop tutorials" and get to studying. We'll be looking forward to the results!

And you may want to wait more than 7 minutes before bumping your thread, man.

The Price of Justice is 8700 Yen
My TFW2005 Feedback - My Wants List - My Haves List
Sector Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
Never gonna let you down.
Collection Count: 210+
Send a message via AIM to Sky Shark
Try using paint, zoom out all the way, adjust the font size to your liking and enter the text(make sure the text box has a background color). Then use the empty rectangle tool to make a border. Finally use the line tool to draw lines to the transformers' mouths who are saying what is in the text box. That's the easy way and if you do use Paint, make sure to save in PNG then use another program to convert to GIF so you don't get a horrible image from Paint's conversion.
Sky Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Seven View Post
Then it sounds like there's something wrong with the program - or you don't know how to use it yet. There's really no reason why you shouldn't be able to do the things that you say you can't with that program.

Take some time and check out the hundreds, if not thousands of Photoshop tutorials out there. Just Google "photoshop tutorials" and get to studying. We'll be looking forward to the results!

And you may want to wait more than 7 minutes before bumping your thread, man.

I tried Learning Tutorials but i don't think it covers Comic word bubbles.

Quote:
Old 08-08-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Shark View Post
Try using paint, zoom out all the way, adjust the font size to your liking and enter the text(make sure the text box has a background color). Then use the empty rectangle tool to make a border. Finally use the line tool to draw lines to the transformers' mouths who are saying what is in the text box. That's the easy way and if you do use Paint, make sure to save in PNG then use another program to convert to GIF so you don't get a horrible image from Paint's conversion.

I can't zoom the size,It's still too big even at 1,

Quote:
Old 08-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Hello? Anyone know how to make the bubbles white and shrink them down to sizes?

Quote:
Old 08-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #10
俺の魂は燃えていない!
Location: Sweden, the long dangly thing between Norway and Finland.
Collection Count: Lost count a long, long time ago.
News Credits: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to LoC Soundwave
I personally think that GIMP is the best software for editing comics.
(You can get GIMP here: http://www.gimp.org/ )

This is how I do it in gimp.

Open gimp and get out the layer and tool alternatives windows. Open the image(s) and full-screenize the image window. Zoom to 100% then go to picture>scale picture. Then I type in 700 in the top box and click rezize. That way the image shouldn't get to wide.

For the text bubbles. I first create a new transparant layer. Then I use the text tool to type in what I want them to say. Then I go back to the layer I created earlier (which must be below the text layers) Use the brush tool. (Hint* Hold shift to draw straight lines) to make the outlines for the box, then I just fill the box with black.

Atferwards I just Ctrl+S it
LoC Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote