Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

It's fun-ness on a stick!

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #5341
Is bullheaded.
Collection Count: 12...no wait, 13
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
Hey hey hey, the big D-Z is back in da house! Welcome back dude!
Thanks.

Quote:
Good to hear that your work-life balance is on course for getting into a slightly more manageable ratio. I kept meaning post about that, but I totally get where you're coming from and sympathize with the burnout you're feeling. I used to work in the Computer Games industry, which is notorious for chewing people up and spitting them out as overworked, broken shells of their former selves. The best move I ever made was quitting that job and finding something that didn't suck my soul out through my ears by keeping me in the office 24/7.
You worked in the gaming industry? O.O

I've heard horror stories of its slave-driving nature. Good that you got out of there when you did, then.

Always ironic that creation process of a product meant to entertain is completely unentertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond Elf View Post
Bioware is based in Edmonton, and I know a dozen or so people who work there. The job the kids always seem to want is QA: You mean I get paid to play video games all day?

No.

You get paid to play broken video games and take meticulous notes; and in the two weeks before the game ships, you're expected to be there for 20 hours out of 24 in a day.

Other jobs aren't quite so bad, but crunch-time still makes your life go away.
As I hear it, when it comes to crunch-time, it's life-sapping all across the board, no matter the department...

Quote:
Originally Posted by halconfenix View Post
kinda off-topic but...

that explains your awesomeness...

maybe the computer games industry is full of "slaves" or something.... but i guess it must be fun to be part of that industry for a while... i always wanted to be there tbh....
Don't let our ramblings stop you. If you are able to, by all means, experience it and decide for yourself.

(That might come across as sounding slightly malicious, but for the record, it wasn't.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCracker View Post
Congrats on the new job! ABB heh? That's my company competitor. LOLZ...
Eh? Competitor?

I thought you were with Dell...

Quote:
As for the strip, great as always. Hopefully Arnval will respond to Saber's olive branch. Though I do wonder where she's headed now.
The answer!

• Either Arnval rolled a 1 on her listening check, or Devs rolled a natural 20 on sneak...
• The shaggy looking teddy bear and its origins will be explained at some point.
• In Fisto? Really, Devs?
• These shots were a freakin’ pain to take. Dark, close up floor shots in tight spaces, and the nature of the shots did not allow for much use of a tripod... >_< Coolhand, Pol and CI seem to thrive on these kinda shots though...

^On a stick!^
(Updated 22nd Feb 2013: Making Up For Lost Time)
DilaZirK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #5342
Oh Hai Internet!
Collection Count: Unknown
Devs seems to be a bit brutal than he usually is. I guess being shot twice does that to a person/bot .

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...andomness.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerwars View Post
Does it count if you didn't swallow it?
tfmad2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #5343
Lovable Noob
Collection Count: At least 20 transformers
Jeez, Devy, do you really have to be such an ass-*F-bomb*!? No wonder Arnval thought he's the harbinger of death...
boxorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #5344
Decepticon Mistress
Collection Count: Lost count... again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexza View Post
We got the popcorn from TRANS+CRAZY. She has A LOT. Like, if popcorn was alive, she could pull off a full-scale takeover of the Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpshard View Post
Trans+Crazy always supplies the popcorn for long Mexican standoffs...or anything serious, for that matter.
TRANS+CRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #5345
Dat Ass
Crystal Convoy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 15

Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
Yeah, I wish we could watch a movie of rainbow coloured robots riding fire breathing robot dinosaurs and fighting bounty hunters with gun-faces seriously.
Crystal Convoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #5346
Is probably insane...
E. C. R. Former's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A lot...
Send a message via AIM to E. C. R. Former Send a message via Skype™ to E. C. R. Former
Well, that's some surprising character development with Arnval. Devastator reminds me of those punks whom always say they're only out for their own yet can't help but come to the assistance of others.
Webcomic updated May 31st, 2014 - Chapter 343: Clash of the Titans Part 1
E. C. R. Former is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #5347
Arnval Fanboy
Collection Count: ... slowly growing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DilaZirK View Post
Don't let our ramblings stop you. If you are able to, by all means, experience it and decide for yourself.

(That might come across as sounding slightly malicious, but for the record, it wasn't.)
no offense taken so no worries there... and thanks!

now that my new lappy has just arrived (spoiler from me: related omake coming soon) now i have a decent tool to get started on game dev stuff

now about the comic:

you just made your arnval look cute! that's.... interesting to say the least

(looks for the keys of the bunker, armageddon is coming)
halconfenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #5348
D Witwicky biographer
Geez, can't a girl mope in peace with her teddy bear??? lol, loved the tear drop on her eye.
Updated 1/27/12
Hype1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #5349
Something Screwy
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
:

Each time Devastator shows up make me want to go and play with my own Devastator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #5350
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 300+
Quote:
Originally Posted by DilaZirK View Post
• In Fisto? Really, Devs?
Nuh-uh! YOU wrote that in. No blaming Devs this time.

Anyway, nice update. Devastator was coming off pretty harsh, there. Except for the fact that he's naturally a Decepticon and acts the part, so it isn't so much odd for him to respond that way. But yeah, as mentioned, you get the sense that he WANTS to be the tough one that happens through, but he keeps doing the right thing anyway.

On that note, I love the last shot of him walking away (second-last panel). Really shows off the articulation of that set.

My feedback thread
Pun-3X is offline   Reply With Quote