Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Takara MP-13 Soundwave

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #21
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
Yea, unfortunately that's all they are, for looks..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #22
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgg7979 View Post
I posted this in another thread, but here would be more appropriate. Theres something I've wandered for some now... Some people have talked about the fingers popping off like MP 10's did. From the pics tho, they look like the exact same hands that were used from Prime. Can anyone confirm that?
That's the 1st thing I think when I see pics of this guy. I've been watching this closely since it was announced...but as soon as pics surfaced, I looked at the legs. Something about the legs and feet just look all wrong...

Then, I see those connections between the waist and each leg, and I'm thinking "if everything I've read, about the umteen-zillions of posts about MP Rodimus falling apart...MP05 spine breaking...and the myriad of other design/QC issues...I just see a potential in a few weeks reports rolling in like...

"MY MP SOUNDWAVE'S LEG BROKE OFF?!??!!"

ok...seriously...I'm gunna buy the eventual Hasbro release, but you guys that have this in hand, what is that joint made of? It looks SO DAMN small to be such a major joint..I just foresee problems, but then, I don't have one in hand..
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
NEED: GODGINRAI-POWERMASTER APEX red wing and black blaster
Snake_eyes1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #23
The Dark Knight
Batman's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgg7979 View Post
I posted this in another thread, but here would be more appropriate. Theres something I've wandered for some now... Some people have talked about the fingers popping off like MP 10's did. From the pics tho, they look like the exact same hands that were used from Prime. Can anyone confirm that?
Similar design but not exactly the same mold. New hands were made for SW.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #24
Double Agent
News Credits: 7
It hasn't been mentioned in any of the reviews yet, but someone needs to show Soundwave's little storage compartments for Rumble & Frenzy's weapons. And actually throw in 3 cassettes (MP Laserbeak + 2 G1's since they fit) to better show the ejection function. Please.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #25
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by incepticon View Post
it hasn't been mentioned in any of the reviews yet, but someone needs to show soundwave's little storage compartments for rumble & frenzy's weapons. And actually throw in 3 cassettes (mp laserbeak + 2 g1's since they fit) to better show the ejection function. Please.
yyesss!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #26
さあ、お前の罪を数えろ
Shark Jumper's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I lost count...
News Credits: 5
Is he easy to transform like G1?
SJ's Feedback
http://hivefullofbees.tumblr.com/
Looking for: Universe/Henkei Starscream, U. Nemesis Prime Missiles, Botcon 2010 Turbomaster and Ravage
Shark Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
That's the 1st thing I think when I see pics of this guy. I've been watching this closely since it was announced...but as soon as pics surfaced, I looked at the legs. Something about the legs and feet just look all wrong...

Then, I see those connections between the waist and each leg, and I'm thinking "if everything I've read, about the umteen-zillions of posts about MP Rodimus falling apart...MP05 spine breaking...and the myriad of other design/QC issues...I just see a potential in a few weeks reports rolling in like...

ok...seriously...I'm gunna buy the eventual Hasbro release, but you guys that have this in hand, what is that joint made of? It looks SO DAMN small to be such a major joint..I just foresee problems, but then, I don't have one in hand..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
It hasn't been mentioned in any of the reviews yet, but someone needs to show Soundwave's little storage compartments for Rumble & Frenzy's weapons. And actually throw in 3 cassettes (MP Laserbeak + 2 G1's since they fit) to better show the ejection function. Please.
yes...that and some talk about the leg connections
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #28
Collection Count: Lost count
News Credits: 1
Guys, I can't really comment about the leg connectors because I'm seriously a noob in terms of analyzing the engineering of a toy or the materials used - despite all these years of collecting.

Anyway, I intend to simply leave him in bit mode - that should mean that he's safe from breakages yes?
LigerPrime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #29
Terrorcon
Collection Count: Haven't counted in ages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post

Taking better looks at the video review and a few photos, it's a weak point for certain. I don't expect it to be a major problem, though. It's going to be a fairly thick part, all things considered. Even with a tight ratchet, much smaller parts haven't had breakage issues. Also, the main good thing, that joint is not required for transformation. The transformation moves all around the thigh joint. I'd say, as long as you're careful, you shouldn't have a problem unless you get some bad QC and a super, super tight joint.

My Feedback
yami4ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigerPrime View Post
Guys, I can't really comment about the leg connectors because I'm seriously a noob in terms of analyzing the engineering of a toy or the materials used - despite all these years of collecting.

Anyway, I intend to simply leave him in bit mode - that should mean that he's safe from breakages yes?
Hey man! Thanks for saying something.

I'm not the only guy that is looking at those parts and getting wierded out with fear of another Rodimus issue...I know a few guys on these boards that are waiting to get it in the mail, and are a bit freaked by how that looks. It's such a small connection point...even if its die cast it could be a problem. Hopefully its a part made of steel, or...a piece of steeljaw's lower jaw..
BLITZWING ARM FIX