Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Prime Voyager Skyquake

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Stuff & Things
Collection Count: A good more than I need
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to anikenvader
Transformers Prime Voyager Skyquake

Hello!
I got this guy yesterday, and went to look for his review thread, and noticed there wasn't one. So, today I brought it with me to take some photos, and spread some Skyquake cheer! I apologize, I did not hae Dreadwing with me. I'm sure much better photographers will take better pictures, anyways.
Right of the bat, this guy is cool!

Out of the box, I noticed he had more paint apps than Dreadwing. More so in Jet mode. (That'll be later)

Of course, he IS still the Dreadwing mold. So, if that mold did nothing for ya, then this guy probably wont. If ya loved it like I did, I believe you will find this toy luscious.
Like Dreadwing, he poses very close (mostly) to the manurisms of his show model. Especially the broadness in the shoulders, that you can shape to fit you're own tastes, really. Shoulder pads on ball joints, along with a ball jointed shoulder. I find these shoulder pads move A LOT better with his shoulder/arm than voyager Megatron's did. You can still lift his arms up, and give this cool illusion that his shoulder pad is moving with his shoulder.

I find this head sculpt less "mushy" than Dreadwing's. It is still the rubber-ish head, though I find it a bit more solid looking, with the added paint apps on it.
The translucent yellow on his predecessor has been replaced with this smooth and glossy translucent orange. I find the change to be striking, and still subtle. I find it suits the character.
The molded detail comes out a bit more on this, than Dreadwing. Seeing as his color tone is lighter.
The back kibble is still there, which still collapses pretty well, along with his weapon storage on his back.

His goofy Mechtech/Powerizer gun is an Orange Gatling gun. While majority of the powerizer weapons do look like straight poo, I found the twins' to be pretty fitting! So I've taken to only removing the battery, and rubber-banding the barrel, though that's only my preference.
The sword is the exact same as Dreadwing's, as is all of the plain grey plastic on the 2.
Have some pictures, till the Jet mode!

If you didn't know by now, yes~

The jet mode is very neat.
YES it has kibble. Though it folds away neatly and not too garish.
The grey kibble bits in the front do get in the way, but it is still a toy and physics still apply.

The wings are thin, and sleek, as well as the back fins. (which are still soft rubber).

The paint apps look glorious. He has a bit more than his brother, which pops out a lot of detail.
The jet mode is pretty "you see what you get" though I find his a bit more detailed and appealing in hand.
Here's more pictures of his jet mode!

ALRIGHT now this is sorta important!
As some of you probably know ,the foot problem. Most Dreadwings came with either swapped feet, or 2 of the same foot (Right or left, because they are determined by the angle of the bottom of the foot). This in some poses effects his balance. Best part is, as previously stated, the grey plastic on both of them are the same, so you can swap out the feet on both. My Dreadwing had 2 lefts, and my Skyquake came with 2 right, so I was able to swap them out. Refer to the thread in the toys forum!
This is Skyquake with proper feet (they sit flush).

Well that's it, that's all I've got to cover. If you have this variation please share your pictures and features. Anything you want to know, I'll answer it the best I can. Sorry if this is piss poor. ^_^ ;
Here's to hoping he sees mass release soon! Thanks!
anikenvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
HERE I AM
transformerwars's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 80
News Credits: 17
Awesome. Been waiting to see a review for this guy. He looks pretty good, and I can't wait to get him.

transformerwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
I give up.
Collection Count: 571
News Credits: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerwars View Post
Awesome. Been waiting to see a review for this guy. He looks pretty good, and I can't wait to get him.
Best be quick then.

'cause it doesn't look like it's even going to hit US volume retailers in any numbers, never mind anything else.
miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Autobot
News Credits: 6
Thanks Great review I think I will open mine tonight.... Never knew about the feet issue will check my Dreadwing and Skyquake now.......
Bumblebee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
Terrorcon
I can't wait for this figure. It is sitting in my POL at BBTS but unfortunately I do not see me shipping until April when Fort Max comes in.
aey103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
Being a nerd is my game.
all are dead's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: About 150
News Credits: 31
I looked at my Dreadwing. Has 2 right feet X.X and to see if I was just crazy I went to swap them out. Then a piece of the knee broke off... -.- It attaches fine still, but it is quite loose now. Then I noticed both are rights (As far as I can see) So I kinda hope my Skyquake is perfect or has 2 lefts.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I was right. I do have 2 rights. Although opening Dreadwing up again caused him to break... In another place. Unless I unscrew him again, Dreadwing should be good though. Anyone have a set of Dreadwing legs that have the correct feet they want to sell to me?

~AAD
all are dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
Motorized Transformer
News Credits: 3
The way they had the sword packaged in his hand left stress marks around the thumb on my Skyquake's right hand. Anybody else have this problem?
Composite Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #8
Stuff & Things
Quote:
Originally Posted by all are dead View Post
Because of this, I looked at my Dreadwing. Has 2 right feet X.X and to see if I was just crazy I went to swap them out. Then a piece of the knee broke off... -.- It attaches find still, but it is quite loose now. Then I noticed both are rights (As far as I can see) So I kinda hope my Skyquake is perfect or has 2 lefts.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, they were just flip flopped and I do have a good set of feet. Although opening Dreadwing up again caused him to break... In another place. Unless I unscrew him again, Dreadwing should be good though. Anyone have a set of Dreadwing legs that have the correct feet they want to sell to me?

~AAD
Oh no! I'm sorry! I really hope my review didn't make you break it. :/ I'm sorry, sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Composite Ghost View Post
The way they had the sword packaged in his hand left stress marks around the thumb on my Skyquake's right hand. Anybody else have this problem?
I did not. I'm sorry to hear that, does it cause real problems, or is it just a mark? Any signs of possible breakages at the stress mark?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Being a nerd is my game.
all are dead's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: About 150
News Credits: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikenvader View Post
Oh no! I'm sorry! I really hope my review didn't make you break it. :/ I'm sorry, sir.
Oh it didnt. I know I worded it like that. Sorry bro! I had wondered about his feet for weeks and seeing it made me go through with it. Dont worry man I just need to be more careful.

~AAD
all are dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
Stuff & Things
Quote:
Originally Posted by all are dead View Post
Oh it didnt. I know I worded it like that. Sorry bro! I had wondered about his feet for weeks and seeing it made me go through with it. Dont worry man I just need to be more careful.

~AAD
Oh no no, you didn't say it like that! Just felt bad! Hope he's still good!