Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Dark Guard FE Optimus Prime

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
Break the line
Collection Count: ~120
News Credits: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJJW View Post
This looks seriously cool by any standard. What a cool robot.

I read a review somewhere that said the back kibble on this mold was bad, is that true?
you're probably thinking of the RiD version.

this is one handles the back kibble surprisingly well

[youtube] | [feedback] | [cy.ca feedback] | [flickr] | [twitter]
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
These colors are awesome. Optimus looks really tough.
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
Break the line
Collection Count: ~120
News Credits: 20
he does, and thanks! he's also matched to one of my favourites…

[youtube] | [feedback] | [cy.ca feedback] | [flickr] | [twitter]
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:25 AM   #14
"You bred Raptors?"
Collection Count: My transformers own one human.
News Credits: 3
I got mine last week, and instantly goes down as one of my all-time faves. I had to get rid of my first edition because I needed the cash, and regretted it immediately. Picked up one of the 2nd run FE's, and it was a QC mess, so I returned it to the good folks at Kapow who gave me a part exchange on this baby.

The shins still don't lock too well, but I guess that's just a foible with the mold, and I was disappointed that the smokestacks and sword don't use the slightly stiffer plastic of the 2nd run FE's, but other than these niggles he's perfect example. Paint apps are near perfect, and it's nice that his rims are painted (unlike the FE). It's a shame he'll likely be largely overlooked because the colour scheme isn't featured in the fiction anywhere (and the fact his name doesn't feature the word "Nemesis").

Amazing figure. They don't make voyagers like this anymore. Buy.

Just be careful when doing the head 'mod'. You have to apply quite a lot of force to get the ball to pop into the socket.

He's back, this time with a cockernee swagger! NEW STUFF!! Click! http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...mega-sale.html
Brooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #15
I Play For Keeps
Collection Count: Many.
I got mine last night. Man oh man, the colors just look phenomenal in person. Very sharp, I still hate the sword though.
Those matrix blades look pretty sharp, however. I might have to pick some up.
BlueAngel_Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
Motorized Transformer
Whoa. I like that DGOP pic with Big Convoy a lot. This mold looks really good with figures from other lines.

The sword on mine is so jiggly.
Composite Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #17
Decepticon at the Gate
Collection Count: So...many...
After how much I've already spent on this mold I don't want to want this...but it looks so nice!
My Feedback - Minus a few I forgot to solicit.
aledromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #18
Za Warudo!
World Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too effing many!
I was never able to pick up an FE Optimus, and because of your fantastic pictures I flew right over to Robot Kingdom and got one when I didn't plan on it before. Thanks a lot buddy!
"Bonecrusher hates everything"____________-Official Movie Profile
World Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
Za Warudo!
World Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too effing many!
He came yesterday and I am loving this guy! It's my first FE Prime mold, and it's a pretty great figure. The black and gold deco just makes him that more imposing. He really looks impressive. I absolutely love the all-gold grill in truck mode, and the fact that his rims are painted gold too!

As for the mold itself, I really like it, and there is so little kibble which is really impressive. I'm so glad I didn't cave in and get that awful-looking powerizers Prime with it's tacky weapon and back cape. The sword really does suck as much as everyone is saying though. I would have much preferred two guns, or at least a sword that wasn't THIS floppy. It was even bent in-package, so it's permanently bent to the right. Whatever, I won't really be using it, since the blue they used for the blade doesn't fit in well with the rest of the deco IMO. Clear black with some gold accents would have looked perfect.

EDIT: I did the head fix and it worked perfectly. He can now look up! Good thing I have a model kit with a tiny screwdriver
"Bonecrusher hates everything"____________-Official Movie Profile
World Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #20
Sorcerer
Send a message via Yahoo to Pravus Prime
I've had the guy for a few days, it was in my POL for some time.

Love it.

I did do the head fix (thanks for the heads up, so to say) and unfortunately the sword is rather useless even after spending a day trying to unkink it. Two guns would've been preferable.

This is my first exposure to the first edition mold, and I'm quite impressed. Solid articulation, good lines, and a clever transformation.

What I'm unsure of is whether or not I want to repurpose him as an alternate universe Black Convoy or not.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote