Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Prime AM25 Nemesis Prime with Giza

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
@syd_tfw

News Credits: 78
Transformers Prime AM25 Nemesis Prime with Giza

To be honest, by the time I got this figure this morning, I didn't want it anymore. The reason is Dark Guard Optimus Prime. I wasn't sure if I needed 2 versions of black TFP Primes. But hey, he is here....

Once I got the figure out of the box, my mood was greatly improved. Nemesis Prime has a very nice shade of dark grey. He doesn't look quite black to me.

Nemesis Prime

(sorry about the robot mode not proper.)

He only requires 4 stickers applied according to the instruction. 2 Decepticon insignias and headlights.

More about the stickers later

Arms Micron Giza

I haven't built many Arms Microns, but this one was the simplest of all. Applying blade stickers was tricky as always, but stickers can be reapplied a couple of times if you are careful. Can't do anything about the wrinkles though....

His alt mode is a saw shark (nokogirizame).

weapon mode is a blade. Nice and big! (Comparison with R.A. - Ratchet's Arms Micron)

Now, Nemesis Prime comes with "optional" stickers and they are teal. I do think he looks great without stickers. It's a simple but very effective repaint.

But TEAL stickers. How could I not apply them?

The instruction has suggestions as to where the extra stickers can be applied, and I followed the example.

There was even one to add teal shine to his crotch!

(I peeled it off after taking some photos - I guess I have to draw the line somewhere )

What I have settled with is like this -

My conclusion is, this is a great repaint with very fun optional stickers. I'll add some comparison shots with other black Primes tomorrow. (Unfortunately I don't have my AM1 optimus Prime anymore)

Gallery here!
Prime Japan Arms Micron Nemesis Prime with Giza

Last edited by SydneyY; 11-28-2012 at 06:53 PM..
SydneyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
I WILL DESTROY YOU

Collection Count: I have no idea
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneyy
To be honest, by the time I got this figure this morning, I didn't want it anymore. The reason is Dark Guard Optimus Prime. I wasn't sure if I needed 2 versions of black TFP Primes. But hey, he is here....
The easy solution, use this guy as Generations RID SCOURGE! That's what I'm doing! Since I didn't buy the Club RID Scourge repaint of RTS G2 Prime...

Plus this one in alt mode and articulation...it's kind of a match for RTS G2 Prime..
All things TOKUsatsu!
Thundercats HO!
GI JOE!
Ark Of Toys!
CHECK OUT OUR RESOURCES!:
Transformers Database
GI Joe Database
Shin Densetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
I Play For Keeps
Collection Count: Many.
That's actually not a bad idea, using it as a Generations RID Scourge. I might just do that if I feel like the TFCC one doesn't cut it.
BlueAngel_Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
Back in Black
deliciouspeter's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: about 100, all custom fodder.
News Credits: 1
Wow! Great photos. Looks great.
deliciouspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 12
Great Photos, but I still maintain if you own RID Scourge & Universe 1.0 Nemesis Prime....you have all the "Black Optimus" you need.
Kaijumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
TFW2005 Supporter
TFPrime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Over 1000
News Credits: 4
Send a message via AIM to TFPrime Send a message via MSN to TFPrime Send a message via Yahoo to TFPrime
Can't wait for mine..and I'm definitely going full color crotch.
Want To See G1 Come Alive Again? Click The Picture!

TFPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
Stunticon
Collection Count: 500+
im not into black Primes but this one looks great!
Click Link for pictures of the WORLD FAMOUS robot room:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...obot-room.html AND NOW Click this Link for my music - http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/dripmusic
alfred p. sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Constructicon
Collection Count: I'm afraid to count.
News Credits: 2
*Insert common complaint about lack of paint apps on AM releases*

That said, I think he makes quite a nice looking Scourge. The speckled plastic adds a little something extra to what could have been a boring straight black.
Thelonicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #9
Kills Cons Dead!
News Credits: 1
Those stickers quality is terrible...
tigermask44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: More than some, but less than others
If Takara eliminates the stickers for their 2013 Prime toys I would be one happy camper!! I really hate them in most cases. They are already starting to peel from early figures like Skywarp (whose 'gut' Decepticon symbol is peeling off) and I can just see what will happen with figures who have more stickers than others- peel-o-mania!!

Back on topic. Nemesis Prime here is actually a study in minimalism where stickers are concerned, so it completely works for him to have pretty much none at all. The non-Silas Breakdown is a similar story... the fewer stickers the better. Otherwise, N.P. looks awesome! Not sure I want another of this mold though- even with the cool red window and dark coloring- but time will tell.
Stygian360 is offline   Reply With Quote