Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations FOC DLX Sideswipe

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #71
Time Lord
Collection Count: 148 TFs, 164 ML, 1060 Gijoe and bit of several other lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smf2045 View Post
I don't think that I want this guy. I like Sideswipe, but he should have been his own mold, out which they could have also made Sunstreaker.

After all of the posts about the problems with Jazz, a new coat of paint, a huge gun, and a new head aren't going to change anything. My Universe "Swipe is fine with me.
That's my thought.
Check out my GI Joe and Marvel Legends sales!
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...ml#post9226127
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...50-seeker.html
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #72
WTF is a chug?
Just opened this guy up...anyone else have problems with the head popping off? Can't tell if the ball joint is too big or too small.
kibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 AM   #73
さあ、お前の罪を数えろ
Shark Jumper's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I lost count...
News Credits: 5
This is the figure I'd just use a toys r us coupon or only buy if on sale. I did not like the foc Jazz mold and the awful ratchet system, but damn that gun is nice...
SJ's Feedback
http://hivefullofbees.tumblr.com/
Looking for: Universe/Henkei Starscream, U. Nemesis Prime Missiles, Botcon 2010 Turbomaster and Ravage
Shark Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #74
Force Ghost
Mr. Chaos's Ebay Auctions
I actually don't like the gun for him (no good place to put it in alt mode) so I gave him instead DOTM Laserbeak's twin blasters, which look great in both modes.

Demons may run when a good man goes to war...everyone runs when Chaos goes to war.
Mr. Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #75
Collection Count: Very little
I got him but haven't opened or decided if I'm keeping him since I have classics Sw
xMostWanted559x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #76
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibble View Post
Just opened this guy up...anyone else have problems with the head popping off? Can't tell if the ball joint is too big or too small.
Yeah. I think the head may be a tiny bit too big.
Feedback

MidnightBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #77
WTF is a chug?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBliss View Post
Yeah. I think the head may be a tiny bit too big.
What's weird is it fits on Jazz. I suppose I could sand it down a bit, and if that doesn't work, put super glue on it to bulk it back up and then some.
kibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #78
F&@king Twist Ties!
News Credits: 1
Anyone tried painting the eyes? Or headswapping with Universe Swipe?
Brakescream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #79
I'm Doombot and I know it
Collection Count: More than I care to count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakescream View Post
Anyone tried painting the eyes? Or headswapping with Universe Swipe?
Yes to both questions. There's a pic of painted eyes a few posts back, but reports are that the head is too small for a swap with Universe Sideswipe.

I have a question. I'm working on a custom using FOC Jazz, and I was thinking about picing up a FOC Sideswipe to swap some parts, to minimize some paintwork. On Jazz, the part that has his headlights on it is "U" shaped and goes up to make a connection with the shoulders in robot mode. I want to know if, underneath Sideswipe's hood, weather or not that piece still includes those headlights, or if the piece was retooled to not include the headlights, to save on plastic. I've tried looking at pics that people have posted, but so far no one has pasted a clear pic of the underside alt mode. Thanks to whoever can give me this answer.
MECHADOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #80
Toys on my table!
Collection Count: A lot!
Picked Sideswipe up today.

Very nice remold of Jazz, with a pretty badass weapon. Colors are quite nice, and I LOVE the headsculpt, though I agree with the consensus, the eyes definitely look quite dead. Still, I'd love to headswap this one with Classics Sideswipe. Pity the ball joints used are of opposing sides.

Sideswipe uses the mold better than Jazz does, I feel, but it still suffers from the same issues. Most notable among these is the skinny legs. If the bot mode was better proportioned, I could easily forgive that big hole in the chest, same as Jazz has.

If you have FoC Jazz and like him, pick up Sideswipe (if for nothing else than the weapon!). If you don't have Jazz, but are curious about the mold, Sideswipe wins the vote by a landslide. He's just simply a much better looking figure. Also, BFG. If you don't like FoC Jazz, this guy probably won't do anything for you, and you're probably already passing on him anyway.
Renidragon is online now   Reply With Quote