Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations FOC DLX Sideswipe

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #51
HERE I AM
transformerwars's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 62
News Credits: 17
I'm liking this a bit more than I do Jazz. The eyes aside, I don't think it looks bad. I'll pick him up, and put a dab of paint on the eyes.

transformerwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #52
Meat popsicle
Collection Count: Who counts?
Like that's impossible to fix. (It's still unattractive, but not a deal breaker either. )
LeTigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #53
Grimlock Nut
Sarge133's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Getting to be too many, but I just keep telling myself "just one more..."
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarge133
Does the back of his head have clear plastic or black? Planning on painting the eyes on mine and need to know if I have to pick up black as well. Thanks
Sarge133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #54
We're in Ratbat Country!
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge133 View Post
Does the back of his head have clear plastic or black? Planning on painting the eyes on mine and need to know if I have to pick up black as well. Thanks
Just got mine today from HTS, his head is 2 pieces, no light piping, the reason the eyes are so dead is because they are the grey almost black plastic of the rest of his head. Tried heating mine to pop it apart but it doesn't look like it's moving for me.
Figures for sale- http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...ures-sale.html
Neekotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #55
We're in Ratbat Country!
Well, did a little more heating on the head last night and used a thin knife to cut some excess glue to get the head to pop apart. The head is just two pieces and as I said above the area where the eyes are on the back piece of the head is unpainted dark grey plastic, so once I got it popped apart I first did a layer of chrome silver then a layer of clear blue which makes a big difference BUT, his face feels so sunken into the details of the head sculpt its difficult to actually see the eyes even after being painted. Now to do the same with Jazz and remove the paint from his light piping...

Old 12-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #56
Prepare for termination!
I'm guessing the ball joint on his head is too different from Classics SS to perform a decent head swap?
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #57
We're in Ratbat Country!
Much smaller. There isn't enough clearance to transform it with Classics SS or Sunstreaker heads attach and the ball joints are much different in size. Also, FOC Sideswipe's head won't fit in FOC Jazz's torso.

Edit: Just got Sideswipe's head to fit in Jazz's torso, its a much more snug fit in Jazz's torso than it is in Swipes.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #58
Wrecker
Collection Count: 29 (Not counting fast food Kids Meal Toys)
What is up with those eyes? Dang, I think he wants my soul. Aside from that though, he still looks like a pretty nice figure! Thanks for the great review!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Bumblebee765 - The biggest Nerd I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Tracking it. Going toward it. Picking it up. Paying for it. Opening it. Playing with it.
Bumblebee765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #59
Za Warudo!
World Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too effing many!
Why are all the guns ridiculously big these days? It's an awesome-looking weapon, but it looks like a leader class could easily hold it and not look weird.
"Bonecrusher hates everything"____________-Official Movie Profile
World Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #60
Stunticon
Just got the figure. Other than the eyes, I love him. Maybe because I never got the Jazz mold, or maybe because I'm riding high on the character after the Masterpiece figure, but I think this guy's the bees knees. Good sculpt, beefy build to fit the character, huge gun, and the tight joints to actually pose with it. The "A" shaped legs even give him a little more stability when holding that sucker. And the paint apps (other than the eyes) are a beauty.

Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote