Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations FOC DLX Kickback

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #121
Expendable Tactician
Collection Count: 18
Overrated is a tad harsh considering he probably is one of the better molds to come out from this "Generations" line.

Picked up mine a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised by how smexy the Robot mode is. Those legs, those thick luscious legs man. And the ankles....Damn.

He isn't the most conventional bug ever but the transformation is actually very interesting. Its messy the first few times but I thin the problem is that most people miss a step or two along the way, u know where those two pieces of plastic are supposed to flip outwards after splitting the torso? A very easy bit of engineering to miss.
We Are The Coil
badlander86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #122
Mini-Con
got mine. found just 1 after hitting all the toy stores i can think off and its got 2 right legs!! guess it compensated when the right leg of my foc starscream broke X.X
alteisen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #123
Expendable Tactician
Collection Count: 18

Brought this in to the office (better lighting, white background) to pose with my other office Decepticons. I really like this toy. He has a weird "Spring-Heeled Jack" fan mode which I totally dig. The colours on him are vibrant and the joints are nice and tight on mine.

I will more than likely pick up the Takara version for the G1 colors. I think if they swap out the deep purple plastic for a better light-pipeable red plastic, the eyes will really look great.
We Are The Coil
badlander86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #124
Bear-sona!
Collection Count: A Lot
News Credits: 30
Send a message via AIM to G1Wheeljack Send a message via Skype™ to G1Wheeljack
I've started to notice some stress marks and even a crack on the gray c-clips his wings attach to, has anyone else had this problem?
G1Wheeljack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #125
TF Fan Artist
Collection Count: A lot.
News Credits: 2
Yeah, I have some stress marks on mine as well. I'm rather paranoid when it comes to such things so I may just leave the wings permanently clipped in place. It's not like there's much you can do with them when they're detached (they don't make very convincing swords and look like rather silly when plugged into the gear shredder) and I never much cared for the pincher claws anyway.

After fiddling with mine for a few days, and coming up with a better leg transformation, I find myself rather loving his insect mode. It's suitably nasty-looking, something his Fansproject imitator is rather lacking. It helps that he has a kickass bot mode too.

Kneel puny flesh creatures!!!
MythofBlackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #126
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythofBlackout View Post
After fiddling with mine for a few days, and coming up with a better leg transformation, I find myself rather loving his insect mode. It's suitably nasty-looking, something his Fansproject imitator is rather lacking. It helps that he has a kickass bot mode too.
pics?

Deathwing's biggest fan - check out his mods here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Wing_Saber-X] View Post
My Junkion Feedback
closetrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #127
TF Fan Artist
Collection Count: A lot.
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by closetrat View Post
pics?
I'll see if I can find a working camera (I don't think I actually have one anymore so I may have to borrow my GF's).

In the meantime, this is what I do: Rotate the legs around so the inside, with the hollow parts, is facing outward. The spike which normally faces upward with the official transformation will now be facing downward, more like a knee. After this, rotate the feet around so the heel is facing outward and the two large "toes" are facing toward the aforementioned spike. If you push the grey shin guards forward, you should be able to position the spike right between his toes, to form a relatively solid rear leg, with the proper backwards bend you'd see on a real locust.

It's not perfect, of course, but it's a hell of a lot better (IMO) than whatever the official transformation is supposed to be.

Kneel puny flesh creatures!!!
MythofBlackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #128
ecnayonnA
Collection Count: 500+
Send a message via MSN to Harbinger
to me this is the best i can do with the legs.

i would also like to note that while this is a good figure, i have stress lines showing in the feet cos they keep coming off the ball joints. other then that i really like this figure.
Attached Thumbnails
Generations FOC DLX Kickback-2013-02-07_21-25-47_753.jpg  
"Right then, this isnt going to be big on dignity. Geronimo!"
Me on Twitter
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #129
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Jumper View Post
I can see why this guy is overrated, his robot mode is great, but transforming him to insect mode isn't very fun nor is the alt mode itself.
Whaaa?

Im pretty tough on the new stuff, for lack of quality and design...but this is really the 1st one from the new generations line that I feel "This, is a good, solid, well designed DELUXE for the money"

Plastic quality is above par, I would even go so far as to say, this is the best FEELING deluxe since before DOTM. VERY solid plastic.

Paint apps? This thing practically jumps off the pegs when you see it.

Yea, the back legs could use some work, but im a cusomizer guy..thats no big deal. an exacto knife and 10 min hooked me up with a very satisfying bug mode.

Stupid weapon? Yea..if you dont like it..or that it actually was in the game, you didnt get shortchanged because he has 2 swords too, that clip on his wing arms in a masterstroke of weapon storage/wing design that is hard to top.

All in all, THIS is the deluxe to get out of this wave. everything else is cheap and chinsy. SC is cool, ill give him that, but its still a cheap turd. THIS one is the most high quality deluxe they have made in quite a long time that I can recall...feels even more solid that Prime wheeljack. THATS an accomplisment
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
NEED: GODGINRAI-POWERMASTER APEX red wing and black blaster
Snake_eyes1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #130
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
In insect mode, Kickback's robot legs are a complete afterthought, they don't look like anythingand constantly need to be repositioned to look half-decent. The front legs can't support the weight and keep unpegging. His hands are visible. That's not what I call a solid design. Only the plastic used is.
For sale/trade: TFs (G1 to AEO), 3rd party (TFC Ares, TW Brainwave, KFC Tempest, etc.), TFCC/Botcon, Roadbots, Super Sentai, Marvel Shape Shifters, TF COMICS, etc. here.
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote