Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations FOC Minion 2-Packs: Rumble/Ravage & Frenzy/Ratbat

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #51
Mordin, my hero
Collection Count: 140+
Send a message via MSN to salmonman78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwinder View Post

In an unrelated note, I've found I can put Buzzsaw on my desk in disc mode and tap it quickly. It'll lunge forward while transforming. It entertains me.
THIS, I played with the Laserbeak and Ratbat for a while doing this.

Otherwise I am glad to have them but I think on the shelf they will end up just being in their respective cases mostly. Ratbat and Laserbeak will be out but will just use my Universe Ravage and United Frenzy/Rumble to go with SW.

Nice toys just an awkward gimmick.

My Feedback My Sales/Trades My Wants
salmonman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #52
Force Ghost
Mr. Chaos's Ebay Auctions
While I was excited about these, when I saw them in person I realized that their failings otuweighed their pros. I saved my cash and purchased the Snitch and the Purrdator instead for my deluxe Soundwave... I think they are a better bang for my buck compared to these guys

Demons may run when a good man goes to war...everyone runs when Chaos goes to war.
Mr. Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #53
Collection Count: Very little
I think I'm going return the two sets and get my 18 bucks back. I don't use the ejecting feature and I kinda don't like how they look
xMostWanted559x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #54
Prodigal Son Returned
Too much was compromised to fit in the ejecting and auto-transformation gimmick. Spring loaded features just don't work for TFs.
Frognal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #55
Collection Count: Around 200
Send a message via AIM to Altercron Send a message via Yahoo to Altercron
Picked up both of these packs at two different TrUs yesterday, along with Soundwave. I have to say, limited articulation aside, Im impressed. Ratbat is probably my favorite of the bunch, which is funny for me since Ravage is my favorite of the cassettes. The cases are a great little bonus both for storage and as a nice little stand-in for Energon Cubes.

Wants/Feedback
WANTED: GoBots
Altercron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #56
Sorcerer
News Credits: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to Pravus Prime
I can certainly understand the harsh criticisms that others have had after having picked up both sets, but I'm still pleased with them.

Yes, I'm not a fan of all the sacrifices that were made for the autotransformation and gimmick on both Soundblaster/wave and the disks. That said, it's a little fun at times and these are toys.

Taking that into consideration, I still enjoy all of them but one.

Ratbat is totally awesome. He's by a very narrow margin my favorite. He autotransforms very well, he locks well into alt mode, he's got it all IMHO. He even has a seperate body from the birds.

Buzzsaw is second, but only so by a very narrow margin. Mine is now on the shoulder of FOC Shockwave, which makes them both look extra badass.

Rumble/Frenzy are nifty little dudes. The extra steps in their transformation isn't really much of a turnoff. They look cool and have really clever transformations. I like the extra little detail in that the data disk design isn't replicated, it's mirrored on them.

Ravage. Le Sigh. I honestly thought I was going to break Ravage the first time I transformed him, those rear haunches just didn't want to rotate in. He sticks everywhere, in the case he's got to be upsidedown or the case won't close, he is a major pain to get into Soundblasters chest, and I swear requires more force then any other disk to get out. His alt mode is pretty bad as well.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #57
>implying
News Credits: 8
I just got these. I actually like Ravage and Ratbat a lot, but Frenzy and Rumble are pretty meh. Do you guys actually transform Ravage like on the packaging? He looks a billion times better if you only leave him half transformed so that his back piece and back hips are still folded into the body. The only problem is that he won't have a tail.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #58
Terrorcon
igniz1984's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 2
These are buy 1 get one 50% off at TRU right now and I've been considering getting them before the sale runs out. I've been wondering if neutering the spring gimmick will give them more articulation, has anyone tried it yet? I could care less about putting them back in soundwave, since the gimmick is crap anyways.

My Feedback
igniz1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #59
Waspy's back, baby!
Collection Count: More than a few by a bunch
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
I just got these. I actually like Ravage and Ratbat a lot, but Frenzy and Rumble are pretty meh. Do you guys actually transform Ravage like on the packaging? He looks a billion times better if you only leave him half transformed so that his back piece and back hips are still folded into the body. The only problem is that he won't have a tail.
I wouldn't say a billion times better.

It does look a bit more solid in this half-mode, but a quarter-UNtransformation is about as annoying as finishing the job fully after popping. Looks a lot like a walking coffee table. (or you can flip the back down and give him a big paddle-tail like a beaver.)

Visit the Happy Robot Funtime shop!

Last edited by Feralstorm; 03-03-2013 at 03:45 AM..
Feralstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #60
>implying
News Credits: 8
I much prefer "walking coffee table" over the skeletal and flimsy looking official mode.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote