Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations FOC Minion 2-Packs: Rumble/Ravage & Frenzy/Ratbat

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #21
Release the Kraken!!!!!!!
News Credits: 1
Wow, the birds (and bat) look good enough to purchase. Ravage is... eh. Frenzy and Rumble however are awful looking
Wanted Items
For Sale/Trade
Feedback Thread
jametron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #22
News Credits: 8
Ratbat is my favorite one. The birds and Ravage are ok. The human like ones look dumb.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #23
Anguirus's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Pleading the fifth.
News Credits: 5
Quote:
The Minion 2-Packs, seem a bit pricey. Priced as if they were two Legion figures I feel is a bit stingy; my initial reaction was that they don't feel as good as Legion figures, especially considering the initial rumours were that two minions would be the price of 1 Legion.
Agreed. Someone got greedy. If these are considered one Legends apiece, fine, sell them individually so I don't get stuck with Frenzy cause I want Ratbat. The double-packing only made sense in the first place because they are such stripped-down figures.

I think a bit of harsh judgment is fair at their pricepoint. This starts to push this whole idea from "how neat Hasbro, thanks" to "Seriously?"

I guess due to my own questionable judgment I'll end up with Soundblaster, Buzzsaw, Frenzy, and Ratbat at the end of the day. I could easily have wound up impulse-buying all the minions at the first pricepoint. Now I have to save money to get Blaster and all his minions because, let's face it, we are stuck with whatever they decide to bowl us in the Blaster-minion department, and I'm a sucker for G1 Season 3 references.
I'm reviewing MtMtE at Deadshirt.net! Latest review: MtMtE #27 (Dark Cybertron Chapter 10)
Sale and Trade, Feedback, Want Thread
Anguirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #24
Prepare for termination!
Nice review. A bit disappointing with these overall from an engineering and aesthetics standpoint. I think I made a good call in passing on the majority of the FoC toyline after being disappointed by Shockwave (and dropped my order for G2 Dudicus). Grimlock, Starscream and Kickback are the only molds that interest me at this point.
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
Constructicon
I'm still undecided on Soundwave/blaster/Blaster, but I think I've been convinced that at least one set of minions is worth my while. Too bad I want Ravage and Ratbat the most!
CyrDraconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #26
Constructicon
Collection Count: Varies
Fakebusker's versions are way better. Pass.
ON SALE
FEEDBACK
KowBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #27
Protoformed This Way
News Credits: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KowBot View Post
Fakebusker's versions are way better.
They're also a fraction of the price, made for mass release and designed around a gimmick, as well as bring official.
In the end though, the Masterpieces floor everything else.
Starscream Gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #28
Omnibot
Collection Count: 1000
I love them all. Awesome things.
iconbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #29
I wind sounds!
So... yeah.

Got Rumble and Ravage. Since Buzzsaw will come with Soundblaster, I'll have every mold.

They're... yeah. I was surprised how hindered they are by the Autotransform gimmick. A LOT of what would normally be articulation on any other figure got sacrificed. Ravage has shoulder and neck joints, but they're worthless because of the springs. Rumble has hip spread and knees, but again, springs.

Ravage is also surprisingly hard to get into disc mode. Things have to be done in a specific order. It seems like he suffers the most from the auto-transform, especially since he doesn't even feel like he's transformed when its done (his legs and tail need to be unfolded so he just looks like... half a cat). Also the large piece on his back looks like it should be able to stay down to keep his profile slim but... can't. I would've also like 3mm holes somewhere on Ravage.

Rumble isn't without his charm, actually. I like the way the little guy looks. I like that he can hold weapons, and like I said, he looks pretty okay.

The disc modes... are discs. What do you want me to say? I REALLY like that they come with cases, though.

In the end, neither of them are as good as their G1 incarnations, or as good as the 3rd Party versions (or Device Label versions, in Ravage's case. I would say I like Ravage better than his Universe incarnation, though).

I'll update once I get Soundblaster if he really improves these guys, but as-is, I'd say these are not worth getting for the price unless you're a huge cassetticon fan. I got mine 40% off and... I AM a huge Cassetticon fan. I don't regret it, but I still can't really recommend them. They're pretty bad Legends figures, honestly.
Looking for any version of Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime or WfC Prime, blue Armada Firebot and pretty much any BM Vehicon or Energon Terrorcon molds, or JustiToys Dinorobot or Junkion Blacksmith's Tactical Officer (or Hyper Mode). Also looking for Armada Tidal Wave's missiles. PM me if you have any spares of these please!
Soundwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #30
(┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐)
Pimpimus Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many
News Credits: 10
I opened Rumble and Ravage last night and I gotta say I'm less than impressed. My oldest son has a bunch of Bakugans so I know what a good, auto transforming gimmick should look like and this is not it. Ravage is definitely the worse of the two. I think his back half is supposed to extend all of the way out and push the legs part way down but the spring mechanism is not strong enough on mine. And then you're only half done with the transformation.
ToySightings.com

For Sale: Your mom.

Pimpimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote