Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations FOC Minion 2-Packs: Rumble/Ravage & Frenzy/Ratbat

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
Gunforaface
Noideaforaname's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,119
Location: South Jersey
News Credits: 3
So, the launching auto-transform gimmick --which has obviously taken a huge toll on these guys' designs-- doesn't even work all the way? Feh...

How do these bots look with the Deluxe Soundwave? Obviously they won't store or anything, but is the scale still decent?
Noideaforaname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
Senior Member
Snake_eyes1975's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,109
Location: Metro D West Burb
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwinder View Post
Oh, I am getting the MP. I am getting the CRAP out of it.
Lmao....I totally laughed at that
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
NEED: GODGINRAI-POWERMASTER APEX red wing and black blaster
Snake_eyes1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #13
yeeyee
Fallout's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,200
Location: America, USA
these guys... look terrible, to be frank. especially for the price.
Fallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #14
Protoformed This Way
Starscream Gaga's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,524
Location: Adelaide- Australia
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
these guys... look terrible, to be frank. especially for the price.
I disagree, considering that they are Legion-sized figures designed to be used with a Voyager toy. I also think Ratbat, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw look pretty great and Ravage in very intuitively designed. The toys are all still very recognizable and I've come to terms with the price myself, considering that's what we pay for 2 Legions, which is basically what these two-packs are.
Starscream Gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
Terrorcon
ryanlb's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,742
Location: Payson, Utah
Collection Count: 181 and not slowing
Send a message via MSN to ryanlb
these look pretty great to me. I definitely plan on getting them all, and I can see needing to get a couple extras of Ratbat for my daughter, or they're going to steal mine.
Kamen Rider collection -- Transformer collection
Please buy my toys -- feedback -- Toy Pics -- Toy Review Videos
ryanlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
yeeyee
Fallout's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,200
Location: America, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream Gaga View Post
I disagree, considering that they are Legion-sized figures designed to be used with a Voyager toy. I also think Ratbat, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw look pretty great and Ravage in very intuitively designed. The toys are all still very recognizable and I've come to terms with the price myself, considering that's what we pay for 2 Legions, which is basically what these two-packs are.
maybe i've been spoiled by the amazing engineering of the prime legions but something about these rubs me the wrong way... rumble/frenzy especially because of those crapshoot limbs. the fliers look alright, kind of thin, and ravage looks good, if .. i dunno, awkward?

to each their own of course, but these things just don't look good enough to buy for me. the spring-open gimmick is cool but it affects some of them negatively (again, the fremble twins).
Fallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
Protoformed This Way
Starscream Gaga's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,524
Location: Adelaide- Australia
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noideaforaname View Post
How do these bots look with the Deluxe Soundwave? Obviously they won't store or anything, but is the scale still decent?
Scaling's not great for the birds and Ratbat, but pretty good for Rumble, Frenzy and Ravage.
Starscream Gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
Gunforaface
Noideaforaname's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,119
Location: South Jersey
News Credits: 3
^ Wow, that turned out a lot better than I thought it would.
Noideaforaname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #19
Vehicon
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 553
I have not played War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, how accurate are Frenzy and Rumble to their game design? Besides the head, is there any effort made to try to match them to their game design? I know for sure Laserbeak is completely different; Buzzsaw and Ratbat are not in the games right?

I am in a dilemma because I only want the game accurate toys. I can accept Sideswipe because at least they put in the effort to make sure the vehicle mode is accurate, and the robot mode is decent. But definitely not Ultra Magnus and Air Raid; those are just lazy.
http://www.otakunoark.blogspot.com
PikaManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #20
Protoformed This Way
Starscream Gaga's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,524
Location: Adelaide- Australia
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaManiac View Post
I have not played War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, how accurate are Frenzy and Rumble to their game design? Besides the head, is there any effort made to try to match them to their game design? I know for sure Laserbeak is completely different; Buzzsaw and Ratbat are not in the games right?
Not super accurate, but well enough. The molded details on their chests is pretty close to how they appeared in the game, but not accurate colouring, because the joints are unpainted. The arms and legs are parts of the disc, so they're not accurate.
And yeah, Ratbat and Ravage do not appear in the game, but there is artwork on the packaging that shows how they would've looked like if they had been in the game; however, the toys resemble their Earth versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaManiac View Post
I am in a dilemma because I only want the game accurate toys. I can accept Sideswipe because at least they put in the effort to make sure the vehicle mode is accurate, and the robot mode is decent. But definitely not Ultra Magnus and Air Raid; those are just lazy.
Sideswipe is actually quite accurate as Jazz was always a modification of his body in both games. The problem you have with Air Raid is because that is not a toy of Air Raid at all; It's actually Fireflight and was advertised as such when first revealed. I don't know why they've decided to call him Air Raid now, but he is definitely meant to be pre-Earth Fireflight.
Starscream Gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Big Bad Toy Store