Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations FOC Soundwave/Soundblaster (Pic Heavy)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #101
Maximal
News Credits: 1
It a really cool figure. My figure can launch all 3 discs easily. I probably got a decent set then.
I don't mind the big size since it reminds me of the g1 toy
Feedback http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...gnick1693.html
bignick1693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #102
Herald of Unicron
Cheebs's Ebay Auctions
This is one figure where the gimmick totally justifies itself. I still think the deluxe looks better in both modes, but the disc gimmick is just so great that I love having this new voyager.

Rumble is a bit of a non-event, but the birds and Ravage are the greatest things ever.
-Cheebs
Cheebs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #103
Mostly Harmless
idk, I think this one has better legs/feet and headsculpt. The deluxe is cool and everything but the face never convinced me and the feet were HUGE.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #104
Autobot Highway Patorol
Collection Count: If you ask my wife, "too go#?amn many and they all look the same!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
idk, I think this one has better legs/feet and headsculpt. The deluxe is cool and everything but the face never convinced me and the feet were HUGE.
Plus my deluxe Soundwave was gifted with extremely floppy ball joints at the hips and ankles. I compared both versions in both modes today and concluded that I should either donate the deluxe to the poor or throw it in front of an oncoming bus.

My feedback thread:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...daddytron.html
daddytron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #105
I wind sounds!
So yeah, finally got Soundblaster.

Buzzsaw is better than anticipated. Despite having zero points of useful articulation, it's still a neat little guy. Best autotransform of the bunch, of course. Honestly, way disappointed with the minions as a whole.

I had hoped getting Soundblaster would improve my opinion of the minions. But... nope. Takes too much work to get them in, "deploying" them is... not... effective. Usually the first one just plops out, while the next two get launched across the room from the force needed to make it do anything. And he looks just weird with his chest open.

However, Soundblaster on his own... is excellent. I lament the lack of a handheld weapon, but I'll make due. He's big, solid, has a nice alt-mode for a Cybertronian figure, and his colors look great. He's nice and stable, and improved by the massive amount of clear plastic. His proportions are much better than the Deluxe (which was previously easily the best Soundwave mold since G1, barring ML). He's barrel chested, which just looks good (especially since G1 Soundwave had such a wide chest).

Here are the ways I think the figure is inferior to the WfC Deluxe:

- Chest opening: WfC could open his chest slightly, to give him a nice pose for looking like he's deploying.
- Wrists: While the ratcheting joints are nice and solid and feel great, the wrists (not the swivels, the hinges to get them into place in vehicle mode) are a biiiiiiiiiiiiit weak and seem to lack tabs to get them into place in robot mode
- Lack of 5mm holes: Not only did they not give him a handheld weapon, but they also gave him much less storage, so even if you find a suitable gun, he can't keep it in vehicle mode.
- Lack of posable "fangs" in vehicle mode: That was the best part of WfC Soundwave's vehicle mode.

This seems like a lot of complaints, but they're fairly minor. The upsides outweigh them, and this is an improvement overall, and one of the better Voyagers I've gotten in a while (... except for GDO Powerdive. Love that guy).
Looking for any version of Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime or WfC Prime, blue Armada Firebot and pretty much any BM Vehicon or Energon Terrorcon molds, or JustiToys Dinorobot or Junkion Blacksmith's Tactical Officer (or Hyper Mode). Also looking for Armada Tidal Wave's missiles. PM me if you have any spares of these please!
Soundwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #106
Quintesson
got him, like him...but not sure what to do with him lol

my only small complaints are the wrists and how they function. way too easy to hit and stick back inside the forearm, and the vehicle mode is a little too chunky. nothing bad, just little nit picks
rego0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:05 AM   #107
Maximal
I got both sw/sb and they r pretty cool.They are very cool figures to mess with and the head sculpt is dead on.I'm not to thrilled abot the alt mode but it works.I would love to see a pic with him n hegemon together.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...182-xzbit.html
Xzbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #108
Constructicon
Totally a Mad Max Cybertronian BMW Isetta 600 Limo.

Chris
CLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #109
Super-Unvincible

Collection Count: Don't know. Don't want to know.
News Credits: 29
So I've seen a few people now attaching Laserbeak to Soundwave's shoulder. Anyone mind explaining how exactly this is done? I've read that a few parts can kinda clip together, but I can't really figure out what I'm supposed to be wedging into what. A few closeup pics would really help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Stone
I kinda just realized that when Starscream’s in jetmode he’s coming at you dick first...
Mechafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #110
F&@king Twist Ties!
I just fold out the flap that covers his head in alt mode a little way and perch Laserbeak up there. He's not attached to anything, but he's not going to fall off either.
Brakescream is offline   Reply With Quote