Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

G2 Generations Bruticus

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
Toys on my table!
Collection Count: A lot!
This was the set that I sprung for, since I have my FP Colossus set with RotF/Universe Bruticus for my G1 colors... and he was cheaper.

I like each of the molds. I don't love any of them, but I like em all. I'm particularly fond of Swindle's size in bot mode, even if he's very lightweight. They're all very lightweight, even combined. But I guess the mold reviews go best in the other thread... Oh, PS, you are AWESOME, Allosaur - I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get Onslaught's head to come all the way up... guess I needed to see it on the G2 version... just had to push past the tabs. His bot mode is many points better now... though those arms are still pretty silly.

I'm glad I got the set. They're not the greatest toys in the world, technically speaking, but they're all a lot of fun. I think the G2 colorscheme kinda helps remind me that they're just fun, and not to take it too seriously. I think Brawl is the only one that has a proper elbow joint as an arm, which KINDA bugs me (especially since I like him as a leg), but... meh. This toy is for play and fiddling with, not super dynamic posing, at least in my house.

So very glad I got this set. I'd really like to see a gallery of different ways to transform the limbs as arms... I can't figure out how to transform Blast Off and Swindle in a way I really like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra88 View Post
I really dig how this looks, save for Onslaught. The Combaticons look great, but Onslaught looks a bit too cheap, unfortunately.
He does look kinda KOish based on the colors, but in person, I don't really think so, especially with the paint apps on the chest/grill and waist. He's very light, like I was saying above, but it's lack of plastic, not quality of plastic.
Renidragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
I Play For Keeps
Collection Count: Many.
News Credits: 1
I love my set so much, and I've noted the easier should transformation on Swindle as well. Maybe that's been addressed and fixed on the upcoming Swindle figures.

Also, anyone else have any paint mishaps like my Vortex?

BlueAngel_Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
I wind sounds!
Care to elaborate? I can't tell with that picture...
Looking for any version of Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime or WfC Prime, blue Armada Firebot and pretty much any BM Vehicon or Energon Terrorcon molds, or JustiToys Dinorobot or Junkion Blacksmith's Tactical Officer (or Hyper Mode). Also looking for Armada Tidal Wave's missiles. PM me if you have any spares of these please!
Soundwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
Sugoi Strigoi
Collection Count: Not enough.
News Credits: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to Shatterpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwinder View Post
Care to elaborate? I can't tell with that picture...
The one black paint-app on his chest is painted too high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superquad7 View Post
Also, Shatterpoint's post is pretty cool :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
Ah, Shatterpoint. Able to twist even the most mundane into the most hilarious.
Shatterpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
Electrobot
News Credits: 2
Nice review and comparison shots, thanks! I have no regrets about cancelling my pre-order for this guy, I'm really not that into this Bruticus design in any of its variant colors and configurations. It's a good effort but I just don't need it in my collection.
OCProwl's Sales Thread |OCProwl's TFW Feedback |OCProwl on Instagram
OCProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #16
Cheebs's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 1
Here is the scale, Deluxe vs basic, and Deluxe vs deluxe.

Hmmm...
Attached Thumbnails
G2 Generations Bruticus-2012-11-06_22-53-52_473.jpg   G2 Generations Bruticus-2012-11-06_23-03-44_110.jpg   G2 Generations Bruticus-2012-11-06_23-05-09_478.jpg  
-Cheebs
Cheebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #17
Soundwave Enthusiast
Kaiwera05's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: ~150
I'm loving this set. So much fun to mess around with. How did you get Onslaught's head that high up? Every time I push it higher, it feels like I'm going to snap something?
Looking for TM2 Megatron's right leg wheel cover + missiles!
Buy from me! http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...es-thread.html
Kaiwera05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #18
Toys on my table!
Collection Count: A lot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiwera05 View Post
I'm loving this set. So much fun to mess around with. How did you get Onslaught's head that high up? Every time I push it higher, it feels like I'm going to snap something?
I hold Onslaught's face and the back of Bruticus's head and push... it's tight to get it past the tabs at first.
Renidragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #19
I Lied!
Collection Count: Not enough
Send a message via AIM to MetaRidleyX
Hey, has thier been a method other then the instructions to make the combined gun not look totally stupid/crazy? basically just a cooler looking gun.
MetaRidleyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #20
Terrorcon
Collection Count: So very many.
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
Here is the scale, Deluxe vs basic, and Deluxe vs deluxe.

Hmmm...
That's a nice demonstration, thank you for posting it. I don't think anyone is really surprised.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...idophilus.html[/URL]
Acidophilus is offline   Reply With Quote