Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

G2 Generations Bruticus

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #131
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Just starting
News Credits: 1
I finally opened my copy last night and all I can is I'm MASSIVELY disappointed. Worst transformer I've opened in a LONG time and I just opened the deluxe ultimate battle set for Christmas, lol.

I too have the Onslaught head issue, but it's far more than that. Plastic feels beyond cheap (and I almost never say this), mold degradation galore (flash and other issue keep pieces from tabbing properly in a lot of spots). Some joints are outright floppy while others are worryingly stiff.

I don't know how yuo guys make this thing look so great in pictures - hats off to you.

Also, IF Brawl could stand properly, I'd think he'd be my favorite. He's about the most solid, least hollow of the bunch with a cool little alt mode IMHO. But those turrible feet just kill him.
Shop smart, Shop S-Mart.

My Feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...ml#post6493816
ex dtw2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #132
Mostly Harmless
News Credits: 1
Ouch! real sorry to read that you feel that way, man. Yep, even I had to admit that this is probably the cheapest feeling plastic on any TF I've bought lately, and that several of the individual figures have their flaws (Brawl is the most insidious though... he's so photogenic, and that totally hides his terribleness, mainly his awful feet)

And even admitting all that... I just can't help loving the figure. It's one of the most plain fun toys I've bought recently, and I'm constantly fiddling with it and posing him. He does look quite nice in combined mode, and it's so simple to find alternate transformations! (I've found several more Blastoff configurations since I posted that last pic, and each time I think it looks better than the last). This fig is all about the play value for me, and I forgive everything it does wrong because of how damn fun it is in the end.

It also gives me great hopes for future combiners to be a lot better.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #133
Sorcerer
News Credits: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to Pravus Prime
Well, I finally got around to opening this giftset that I got for Christmas.

I know I'm way behind in coming up with an opinion on this guy, but as a set, I love it. It's a fantastic G2 Bruticus and it didn't take much (I 'mistransformed' Blast Off to not have a hand and look closer to the games flamethrower) to look incredibly awesome on the shelf with other WFC/FoC figures. Plus, I have the G2 Bruticus skin in FoC, so he's my FoC Bruticus.

My problem is that as figures, I'm really nonplused by most of them. This is my first exposure to all of them save Blast Off.

Onslaught seems like the best robot, but his vehicle mode is a mess.

Vortex wouldn't be bad, but the arm blade rotors are a pain and really deviate from the game. His Helicopter is also somewhat weak.

Swindle has a fantastic vehicle mode, but his robot mode is pretty weak; it's almost like it's been stretched out vertically.

Brawl has a solid vehicle mode, but the backpack on him for some reason is pretty detracting, maybe because it's the same color and it feels almost like he's got diaper crotch due to the attachment link hanging down there.

I don't normally comment a lot on plastic quality, but there are places where I feel like it's brittle. I had to use excessive force to get Onslaughts head to pop up and to pop in Blast Offs shoulder pegs, both of which I felt like I could break them instead of get them in. I also have a stress mark on one of the hinges on Bruticus' torso plate.

Glad I got him, glad I opened him, but if I had gotten them as individuals, I probably would've been annoyed with them.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #134
Mini-Con
Collection Count: >800
Send a message via MSN to transform75
Hello.
Quick question: I like my dudicus but as many mentionned, it has thin plastic.
Does the takara version of FOC bruticus seems cheap as well in term of plastic? (plastic quality and not the color)
transform75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #135
Sugoi Strigoi
Collection Count: Not enough.
News Credits: 18
Send a message via Skype™ to Shatterpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by transform75 View Post
Hello.
Quick question: I like my dudicus but as many mentionned, it has thin plastic.
Does the takara version of FOC bruticus seems cheap as well in term of plastic? (plastic quality and not the color)
The only difference between Hasbro and Takara's is the paintjob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superquad7 View Post
Also, Shatterpoint's post is pretty cool :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
Ah, Shatterpoint. Able to twist even the most mundane into the most hilarious.
Shatterpoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #136
Dinobot
Collection Count: I'm afraid to count.
News Credits: 2
Did anyone notice that BBTS jacked up the price on this guy to $75 now that he is sold out on Amazon?

Anyway, I've been tempted to pick up another set so I could fiddle around with one (and not worry about breaking him) and leave one to display in the box. He does have a lot of play value, but I just wish he didn't feel so flimsy. I hope that the upcoming Wreckers repaints are made of higher quality plastic, if so I just might cave (especially since they come with those extra giant weapons.)
Thelonicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:59 PM   #137
Herald of Unicron
T16skyhopp's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Lots.
News Credits: 4
Send a message via AIM to T16skyhopp
Hey, I'm late to the game here but just opened this guy up. My Brawl has two left shoulder joints (black part with shoulder ball and chest vent). Bummer. Prevents him from transforming completely into tank or foot mode.

If anyone has one with two right shoulders and wants to swap, let me know. Also would be open to buying a loose or preferably junker g2 or retail/sdcc/platinum release of the FOC Brawl toy for the joint (Twin Twist has grey joints so he's no good).

Art Prints for Sale
Portfolio / DA / B/S/T / Feedback / Twitter
T16skyhopp is offline   Reply With Quote