Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
yeeyee
Collection Count: one thing i said that i would never do
the truck mode looks really different from the cyberverse. hm/
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #12
Anguirus's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Pleading the fifth.
News Credits: 6
I can certainly see where the complaints are coming from. Plus I'm starting to get the feeling that the ENTIRE Prime toyline at this point is just trolling us with non-show stuff. That said, wouldn't be the first time I've bought an oddball figure just for having awesome accessories before. Also, I feel as if he'll have some sort of media presence (technically he already has in the "Aligned" novels).

How cross-compatible is his gunhammer with other toys? A lot, a little, none at all?
I'm reviewing MtMtE at Deadshirt.net! Latest review: MtMtE #27 (Dark Cybertron Chapter 10)
Sale and Trade, Feedback, Want Thread
Anguirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #13
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
They really should have included 2 missiles. It's Magnus dammit!

That said, as uninspired is the mold, I can't stop messing with it...
Coming soon: minitroptimus (ETA: Oct. 23).
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #14
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
They really should have included 2 missiles. It's Magnus dammit!

That said, as uninspired is the mold, I can't stop messing with it...
I totally agreed with the 2 missiles. Does the original G1 missiles compatible with Prime UMagnuss? If not, I'm sure we'll see 3rd party in the make.
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
You know you want it..........Dec. 2014
REMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #15
I dislike humans
Kylehudson14's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 150+
Send a message via Skype™ to Kylehudson14
Hmm, I really like the look of the mold, but hes really lacking piant! I mean the cyberverse has more paint. Ill get him & hopefully he'll look bettter in hand.
Kylehudson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
Wandering Artist
News Credits: 2
just noticed that there are sculpted fake doors on his chest. Shit.

Other than maybe rumble, I'm done with this line. I'm not buying any more of this stuff with fake chests or wheels. Its unacceptable. Why even have the damned thing transform? Why not just sculpt an image of the robot on the bottom of the car and be done with it.
Here is my Sale/ trade thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...ale-trade.html
theestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #17
Cyberverse Completionist
Collection Count: I'll recount after this transaction....
News Credits: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Flexx Ark
I've never wanted a Prime Voyager more. This makes me appreciate my Cyberverse Ultra Magnus as well. Love this mold.
Transforming daily .....
Flexx Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:33 PM   #18
Mostly Harmless
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theestampede View Post

Other than maybe rumble, I'm done with this line. I'm not buying any more of this stuff with fake chests or wheels. Its unacceptable. Why even have the damned thing transform? Why not just sculpt an image of the robot on the bottom of the car and be done with it.
These seem right up your alley then!

Despite what many have said, I'm liking that we get so many off-show characters. I take it as Hasbro wanting to extend the toyline beyond what they can afford to show on the TV series (for budget or whatever reasons). I like the aesthetic of these characters so I'm happy with it.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #19
Great Baan Gaan fan
Collection Count: Loads
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by REMINATOR View Post
The bot mode definitely looks great, I'm just irk by the lack of paint app. You can see it more clearly with that comparison pic of him next to Cyberverse, very disappoint, that would certainly reduce the blue in him. I really love that idea of hammer/gun dual mode, very awesome, I hope it carries to his future incarnation toy. I'm curious, in vehicle mode, does the instruction sheet say the gun/hammer should be pointing to the front of the cab like the stock photo or facing the rear as in the posted pic/Kapow video review?
The instructions state it points backwards. Didnt notice the stock photo had it pointing forwards. Its a doable set up (missile and gun each using up one of the holes) but still not very stable.
Check out my random robot/non-robot hauls Here! Last updated 19/05/11
Roanstalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #20
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theestampede View Post

I can't unsee it now. It's not just the fake doors, but DAMN...tgat, from the pics, looks like some pretty shitty molded detail. No Sharp corners or defined edges to say "look! I have 2 doors on my chest!" I have been looking at pics of this guy for awhile now, and never noticed it, probably because the sculptured details are WEAK. Add to that the paint on the chest....Jeesh....

You killed it for me...now all I see is a cheap piece of plastic for a torso.

And then...in one of the DUMBEST, moves...Hasbro tosses in ONLY ONE MISSILE. Who in the F*&% does that?!?!? Great....so now...if I wanna buy one of these, I will have to make sure it has both missiles in the box, Like the same dude that was robbing DOTM Prime guns ... A freaking missile costs 2 cents worth of plastic....

I did say that Kup and Frenz...er...Rumble were cheapo chinsy looking shit when I 1st seen them on these boards, I found them both and I like them. Mabye Magnus will have the same effect....but I can tell you one thing...I will be pretty F'n pissed off about a stupid single missile decision no matter what.
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
NEED: GODGINRAI-POWERMASTER APEX red wing and black blaster
Snake_eyes1975 is offline   Reply With Quote