Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #151
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijumaster View Post
oh no, you're still honor bound good sir! lol
uhhh... I got home even though I don't usually get home at 5 (I'm not lying or anything), and I can say.. they both fit.. But the G1 versions look better, as stated by Kaiju above.. Yup.. I did that seriously..
Demonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #152
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonss View Post
uhhh... I got home even though I don't usually get home at 5 (I'm not lying or anything), and I can say.. they both fit.. But the G1 versions look better, as stated by Kaiju above.. Yup.. I did that seriously..
GOOD MAN!
Kaijumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #153
Rainmaker
ChoKo's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Over 250
Send a message via Yahoo to ChoKo Send a message via Skype™ to ChoKo
I haven't tried this yet but I was just brainstorming: I wonder how the smokestacks/mufflers/whatever from FoC Optimus would look in the "missile slots" on Ultra Magnus' shoulders. From just looking at the two on the shelf back and forth, I think it might look pretty cool.
"Decepticons, it is with deep sorrow that I note for the log: Megatron's spark has been extinguished. ALL HAIL STARSCREAM."
ChoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #154
Combaticon
Collection Count: Too much is never enough!
News Credits: 4
I really wish this guy came with 2 missiles.
Glad to see the G1 and FP launchers fit in well, though.
SoundBlaster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #155
Collection Count: 200+
News Credits: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundBlaster7 View Post
I really wish this guy came with 2 missiles.
Glad to see the G1 and FP launchers fit in well, though.
I thought the same, but with one hand holding the gun and another arm the missles it looks fine, they don't look very good on his shoulder.
Kaijumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #156
I'm the Goddamed Two-Face
Optimus_Prowl's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Over 200
News Credits: 2
Finally just found him at target. Gosh darn hes so good! I love him! And also you can sling the hammer on his back. Also hes the perfect height to fit.in with a classics season three shelf. Just needs silver paint on his ears.
My sale thread: the forever changing sale thread of happines and joy
My Feedback: feedback, Follow me: Youtube channel!
Optimus_Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #157
Za Warudo!
World Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too effing many!
I love the design of this character, and the hammer/gun is awesome, but MAN does this feel like a ripoff! I paid $30 for it and it's the lightest, most transparent-looking figure I've ever owned. I mean, I hold him up to a light and it looks like he's a ghost! And it feels so light and cheap. It's a decent figure aside from that, but my god it feels like the value has gone down in the last couple years. I'm not mad I bought him, but I sure wish it had been $10 or $15 cheaper.

I'm glad I've been holding off on almost all the prime figures (I still love those cyberverse commanders though!). I don't think I'll be getting any more unless I see an FE O Prime around somewhere.
"Bonecrusher hates everything"____________-Official Movie Profile
World Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #158
Za Warudo!
So now that I've had a bit of time to mess around with him, here's what I think of Magnus:

Pros: Posability especially due to the fact that he can hold the hammer with both hands, AWESOME HAMMER, great character design especially the face, decent amount of paint

Cons: Feels very cheap, most boring transformation ever, they didn't even try to hide the legs in vehicle mode, arms are weak and can't hold the weapon, feels so incredibly hollow because he is

Verdict: Get him on sale, but he's not worth full price. The hammer is awesome, and I like the design of the figure, but he just doesn't feel like he was worth the money at all. I got him for $30, wish I had paid $15, but I still would like to own him, mainly for the hammer

Just a side note that a paint error on mine actually makes him look like he has a black eye which looks awesome and adds even more personality to the face!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #159
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Prime View Post
So now that I've had a bit of time to mess around with him, here's what I think of Magnus:

Pros: Posability especially due to the fact that he can hold the hammer with both hands, AWESOME HAMMER, great character design especially the face, decent amount of paint

Cons: Feels very cheap, most boring transformation ever, they didn't even try to hide the legs in vehicle mode, arms are weak and can't hold the weapon, feels so incredibly hollow because he is

Verdict: Get him on sale, but he's not worth full price. The hammer is awesome, and I like the design of the figure, but he just doesn't feel like he was worth the money at all. I got him for $30, wish I had paid $15, but I still would like to own him, mainly for the hammer

Just a side note that a paint error on mine actually makes him look like he has a black eye which looks awesome and adds even more personality to the face!
You think this toy has a decent amount of paint?? In robot mode I'm pretty sure the cyberverse has more..
Demonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #160
Za Warudo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonss View Post
You think this toy has a decent amount of paint?? In robot mode I'm pretty sure the cyberverse has more..
Guess I'm just used to even less paint from recent figures. But I think he looks decent. There could always be more, but then I'd just be let down even more. I'm definitely gonna add some myself, but I've done that to almost every TF figure I've gotten in the last several years.

Plus we don't yet have anything to compare him to in terms of show accuracy since he hasn't been on the show yet. I really hope he comes around early in season 3! One of my favorite Prime designs for sure, and he hasn't even been on the show!