Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Asia Exclusive Generations Protectobot Hot Spot

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #61
Herald of Unicron
T16skyhopp's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Lots.
News Credits: 4
Send a message via AIM to T16skyhopp
because someone asked

Art Prints for Sale
Portfolio / DA / B/S/T / Feedback / Twitter
T16skyhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #62
Seeker
Collection Count: Many
Send a message via Yahoo to ChoKo Send a message via Skype™ to ChoKo
Just got mine today. Looks awesome sittin' next to my Grapple.
"Decepticons, it is with deep sorrow that I note for the log: Megatron's spark has been extinguished. ALL HAIL STARSCREAM."
ChoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #63
Logic's wayward son

Collection Count: Always too many. Never enough.
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to GogDog

Hotspot by GogDog, on Flickr

**My Flickr Page of Mostly Toy Photography**
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFactor View Post
Swindle stole my money, Minerva stole my heart.
GogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #64
Electrobot
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GogDog View Post
Gorgeous pic and I am so excited, I finally ordered one mere minutes before you posted this.
OCProwl's Sales Thread |OCProwl's TFW Feedback |OCProwl on Instagram
OCProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #65
PO-TA-TOES!!!
Collection Count: A lot
Got mine on Sunday. This is the first of this mold I've owned, and I just freaking love it. I think Hot Spot is hands down the best of the bunch.

And now I'm really glad I decided to read this thread, as I I had no idea his arm panels actually rotate. The instructions make no mention of this at all. Hell, he's packaged with the arm panels unrotated too.
This is the end for you!

Galaxy Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #66
What the...?
Collection Count: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Convoy View Post
And now I'm really glad I decided to read this thread, as I I had no idea his arm panels actually rotate. The instructions make no mention of this at all. Hell, he's packaged with the arm panels unrotated too.
It actually makes a surprising bit of difference. Twisting those panels up cleans up robot mode and just brings that much more clutter out of the overall look.

Born to be fully articulated.
orionpax636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #67
Banned
Collection Count: More than I can easily count
News Credits: 5
Yeah rotating the arm panels also helps with freeing his hands up when holding swords or staffs.

It's one of the reasons I prefer Inferno to Grapple over all even though Grapple is tidied up a bit in the details - this fella is good though as he's partly new partly Grapple (the 3mm clip bars) and partly Inferno (the gun).

So they have made Blades (in Universe) Hotspot (In Generation) Streetstar is kind of like a G2 Streetwise and that means we need First Aid and Groove now sometime.

I'm tempted to use some sort of Arms Micron with him as he has the look that should suit it and also it sort of gives some sort of excuse for the lack of combination.

Though I suspect it's quite possible to armour him up if someone wanted to do so.
I'm not sure If I like him as much as TFCC Defensor that thing was the bees knees but he's still super nice - and it does just show how very repaint friendly this toy mould is.
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #68
News Credits: 65
Hot Spot plus a TFC Toys upgrade:

My upgraded Generations Hot Spot:
Scaleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #69
Aerialbot
DumpsterJ's Ebay Auctions
I cant wait to get mine , he was cheap , only like 21 bucks off ebay. Ill put him next to my sunspot grapple. Ill review it when i get it.

TFW Feedback
My Collection
DumpsterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #70
Teutonicons Rising!
Philister's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1,120 Transformers as per April 2012

For more pics, click on the image above

Remarks: Hot Spot is the fourth version of this mold entering my possession, I’ve already reviewed Universe Inferno, Botcon Spark, and Reveal the Shield Grappel (not shown in the comparison pictures above because I couldn’t find the damn bot. He turned up the day after I’d finished shooting). So I hope you forgive me if I forego a full review here and just write a few short words on the differences.

Hot Spot appeared in the (mostly) Asian-exclusive GDO subline of Generations and pays homage to the G1 Protectobot of the same name, of course, and was thus given a blue paintjob, a new head, and... strangely enough not a ladder (already present in the Grappel version of the mold), but rather the same water gun that Inferno and Spark got. Not sure why. Anyway, the new head looks pretty good and overall the blue paint with the fireball on the side in truck mode looks very spiffy. Now if this figure could actually form the torso of a Defensor combiner... but I digress. It’s still a great figure and the Hot Spot version is well done. Not a must-have, of course, especially if you already got any of the other versions, but a nice figure if you can get it for a decent price or are a die-hard Protectobot fan.

Rating: B-
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 500x140 60.03KB - 2005 Staff
Philister is offline   Reply With Quote