Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Tf Prime Deluxe Rumble

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #111
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
I just got this one today.

There is no way my theory could be proven or disproved, but this toy feels like an animated toy to me. That's not a bad thing, but the look of the car, the VERY UNIQUE looking bot mode...man...I just feel like this is an animated mold that was almost done, and got put on the shelf.

I did NOT like the pics of it much. I called it cheap. But I will say I'm wrong. Frenzy here is pretty kick ass. I love that its just....different.

I could be way wrong, but I would not rule out that this mold was an animated design that got hacked, and a few parts got updated.

Frenz.....er....rumble is awesome. Don't pass it up if you see it. Simple, yet entertaining transformation, lots of articulation. It's a solid figure. I wanted something new, so I bought it, is it worth the $16 I paid? Not really...but I like it enough that I'm not crying about paying $6 or more over what its worth.
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
NEED: GODGINRAI-POWERMASTER APEX red wing and black blaster
Snake_eyes1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #112
Collection Count: Very little
i still havent seen one in person
xMostWanted559x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #113
yeeyee
Collection Count: one thing i said that i would never do
so does anyone have this guy and thundertron? i'm trying to choose which one deserves my money more. i know they're two different size classes but which gives me more bang for the buck?

Last edited by Fallout; 09-21-2012 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: i'm a derp
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:32 AM   #114
It's a Dinobot year.
Collection Count: More than a few by a bunch
News Credits: 2
Pros:
. Squat little fireplug of a robot - in a good way.
. Nice jointing for posability.
. Impressive 'pile driver' weapons
. Transformation isn't difficult, but not too simple either.
. Holds together very solidly when everything is in its proper place
. back sides of the legs are kinda hollow, but the rest is adequately solid looking & feeling.

Cons:
. Kinda light on paint apps, especially around the rear end of the car mode.
. all the parts around the shoulders get in each others' way,but not too badly.
. Knee joints end up kinda low on the leg.
. When the weapons are plugged all the way into the hands,they can be very difficult to remove.
. spring-loaded head reveal can be a bit challenging to tuck away.

Notes:
. Aside from the arm and back weaponry, this toy doesn't feel like much of a Frumbly homage to me. It doesn't quite seem like a Prime toy either, reminding me more of a leftover HFTD movie transitional item. Rumble here looks like he could hang out with fellow face-chester Bludgeon quite well.

Overall A solid little guy with a fair bit of personality, and well worth getting if you're not averse to intentionally short and wide designs.
Feralstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #115
Not Randy Butternubs
Collection Count: More than I should, but less than I want.
News Credits: 4
This is turning out to be one of my favorite Prime releases to date. I really enjoy the transformation, the bot mode is downright fun, and the little details just make it pop.
Personally, I don't think of it as a G1 character, but just another Decepticon with the same name.
"It is only logical, as I gaze upon the spark of this femme-bot, that I guide my dexterous manipulator and apply additional servos to the task of making it stronger, so that she may comprehend a femme-bot's expected role. Logic dictates."
Yaujta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #116
I wind sounds!
You know, with this release and FoC retail Swindle referencing Alternators, maybe we'll get a remold of Tracks as Battle Ravage yet.
Looking for any version of Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime or WfC Prime, blue Armada Firebot and pretty much any BM Vehicon or Energon Terrorcon molds, or JustiToys Dinorobot or Junkion Blacksmith's Tactical Officer (or Hyper Mode). Also looking for Armada Tidal Wave's missiles. PM me if you have any spares of these please!
Soundwinder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #117
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
so does anyone have this guy and thundertron? i'm trying to choose which one deserves my money more. i know they're two different size classes but which gives me more bang for the buck?
I prefer Rumble. Tight car mode, interesting transformation. Thundertron is bit of a mess.
For sale/trade: TFs (G1 to AEO), 3rd party (TFC Ares, TW Brainwave, KFC Tempest, etc.), TFCC/Botcon, Roadbots, Super Sentai, Marvel Shape Shifters, TF COMICS, etc. here.
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #118
Toylover
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
I prefer Rumble. Tight car mode, interesting transformation. Thundertron is bit of a mess.
Agreed. I love Thundertron, but Rumble is clearly the better toy. Most of Thundertron's appeal is the novelty and the wicked bot mode. Rumble is fantastic in both modes and has some novelty appeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaujta View Post
This is turning out to be one of my favorite Prime releases to date. I really enjoy the transformation, the bot mode is downright fun, and the little details just make it pop.
Personally, I don't think of it as a G1 character, but just another Decepticon with the same name.
Agreed. There really isn't much about him that evokes the casseticons, other than the piledrivers - and I'm OK with that as I'm more interested in general aesthetics than character reference. That said, him and Wheeljack are my favorite deluxe figures by far, and are close to the top of my list for best TFP toys in general.
eriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #119
Sworn Decepticon Assassin
Collection Count: A few, ONLY Decepticons!!!
News Credits: 48
he does have the G1 nod though to his guns, the tips are mold on the inside of the door. i painted mine for them to stand out.
Deceptigtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #120
Toylover
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptigtar View Post
he does have the G1 nod though to his guns, the tips are mold on the inside of the door. i painted mine for them to stand out.
Forgot about those, even though I painted mine silver.
Still doesn't look much like Rumble/Frenzy to me, but that's not a complaint.
eriku is offline   Reply With Quote