Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Hasbro TRU Masterpiece Thundercracker Pictorial Review

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #531
G2 Combiner dudebro.
Collection Count: Is Piranacon 1 toy or 6?
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiKai View Post
The stand works in alt mode. Just push the head up into the plane and you will get room to hook the tab on the abdomen piece. I use the stand on MP Thundercracker, MP-11 Starscream, and Sunstorm. It hooks exactly like on MP-3.
Aah, I see. I just tried this using Skywarp's stand on TC, and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, I tried to "make the stand work" just before reading your post, and ended up ruining TC's stand (just the clear piece). Anyone know where I can get a replacement?
Dudicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:16 AM   #532
Combaticon
Collection Count: 376
Finally jumped on board and bought this version of MP Thundercracker.

In hand I was surprised by the color. It really is a nice shade of blue and the sparkly effect prevents it from being boring.

Compared with the other MP-11 figures, Starscream and Sunstorm, it really is the least IMO. The plastic feels more fragile (mine even had some minor stressmarks around the wing transformation hinges), the gray plastic really is a flat and uninteresting gray, the always present Hasbro MP shorts are annoying and the canopy isn't just an awefull shade (I now understand the pisscolor comments) but it also feels more fragile. Also, the figures seems more rough: more plastic edges.

Honestly, I almost immediately decided that iGear's Lightning will remain Thundercracker in my collection and I will have to repurpose this one.

Speaking of iGear, I had both MP TC and iGear Storm in jetmode and the original mold really does look a lot better and more realistic in altmode.

In the end, despite it shortcommings, I am happy with it (have slowly become an MP seeker junkie).

I do hope we will see more seekers from the MP-11 mold. I'm especially hoping for an Acid Storm and or a purple clone.
Max Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #533
feed me
Collection Count: 230
News Credits: 1
Ah, crap, mine has a crack down the center of his canopy. I got it months ago, didn't keep the reciept, and I haven't even opened it yet. It looks like it'll be fine, but damn.

My plastic. Feedback
Kevin XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #534
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
That does suck. I hope mine doesn't crack over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #535
Semi-retired customizer
Collection Count: 120
I was surprised by how much I preferred this mold over the original. Not having a "peanut head" is a big plus. I also very much prefer the bulk of the legs and how squared up the body appears.

Love TC so much that I ordered Starscream today.
Wikkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #536
Protectobot
i ordered him on Monday,arrived at customs yesterday...they said he will be here on Tuesday...so pretty excited needless to say,hope he wont have any of the issues previously mentioned...fingers crossed
“Goddamn it, I just sat on your goddamned truck guy…. Optimus Prime? I don’t give a shit what it’s
called, keep it away from where I like to put my ass.”
ZEGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #537
Ham Sandwich
Collection Count: 3.8 million
Hi. Is it possible to remove all the decals with alcohol rub, like even the text next to the cockpit saying the pilots name etc and the sonic boom logo? Or will that remove the black paint etc?
Thanks
ITS OVER PRIME!!!
Scully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #538
Decepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
Hi. Is it possible to remove all the decals with alcohol rub, like even the text next to the cockpit saying the pilots name etc and the sonic boom logo? Or will that remove the black paint etc?
Thanks
There have been a lot of posts in this thread about tampo removal on this toy. In a nutshell, the tampos on the the blue and gray plastic can be removed with 91% alcohol and A LOT of elbow grease, but you'll remove the black paint if you try the tailfin tampos.
jetrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #539
Ham Sandwich
Collection Count: 3.8 million
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetrobo View Post
There have been a lot of posts in this thread about tampo removal on this toy. In a nutshell, the tampos on the the blue and gray plastic can be removed with 91% alcohol and A LOT of elbow grease, but you'll remove the black paint if you try the tailfin tampos.
Cheers
ITS OVER PRIME!!!
Scully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #540
Protectobot
just received my Thundercracker figure and apart from the rear tailfin poping off he looks gorgeous....also when transforming him to jet mode i cant seem to lock one of his wings to the main jet body....there is always a gap at the front part,where it tabs to the intakes..i believe thats a common issue too........anyways im very happy with him

EDIT: fixed the front wing/intake thing
“Goddamn it, I just sat on your goddamned truck guy…. Optimus Prime? I don’t give a shit what it’s
called, keep it away from where I like to put my ass.”
ZEGR is offline   Reply With Quote