Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

2012 TRU exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Reply Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionpax636 View Post
My only suggestion would be to make it clear in the title that this review is for the TRU exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus.
I thought this figure was getting a mass release after all?
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
Victory Saber's Recruit
Collection Count: >200
News Credits: 2
Quote:
This is a really good effort for your first review. It seems like you take pride in your editing and how you pose the figure to show off their features, both skills that I wish a lot of reviewers would remember.

My only suggestion would be to make it clear in the title that this review is for the TRU exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus. It can get tricky since there have been other Hasbro MP Optimii as well as TRU exclusives, but the clarification would make it apparent that you're reviewing a figure that hasn't been reviewed by anyone else yet.

Keep up with more reviews, it seems like you have it down pretty good!
hmm, think thread title is fine. The other Hasbro MP primes were known as 20th anniversary or DVD edition. Plus, I'm sure majority of people won't be thinking of the old version when pics of the new one has been practically everywhere.

TFW Feedback
WANT: Hasbro-G1 Scorponok box + tray
opt1musaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
MTMTE Theorist
Collection Count: How the heck am I supposed to know? It just keeps increasing!
Do want. Especially since i don't own any masterpieces.

I LOVE ROBERTS!
Young Optimus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
Not Randy Butternubs
Collection Count: More than I should, but less than I want.
News Credits: 6
One question- can he sit? Honestly, I like to pose figures on my shelf looking either natural or sometimes relaxed, and I wanted to know if the hip joints allow for a proper sitting position. MP01 can sit rather easily, and if this one can, I'll buy it on sight. If not, I'm not sure.
"It is only logical, as I gaze upon the spark of this femme-bot, that I guide my dexterous manipulator and apply additional servos to the task of making it stronger, so that she may comprehend a femme-bot's expected role. Logic dictates."
Yaujta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
Umbrella Corp employee
Collection Count: You honestly think I can count that high?
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimmjow
Good review! Sure can't wait to have my hands on this, especially after seeing your pics!
For those of you with Minecraft for PC, please join SoupCraft! We are currently using 1.7.10. IP: 81.19.217.134:28930
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #16
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
This is a really good effort for your first review. It seems like you take pride in your editing and how you pose the figure to show off their features, both skills that I wish a lot of reviewers would remember.

My only suggestion would be to make it clear in the title that this review is for the TRU exclusive Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus. It can get tricky since there have been other Hasbro MP Optimii as well as TRU exclusives, but the clarification would make it apparent that you're reviewing a figure that hasn't been reviewed by anyone else yet.

I echo OP's comments. you did a VERY good job for your 1st review. Nice camera shots as well, Although I would zoom out just a bit to include the ENTIRE figure, just so we can see the feet and such in poses. The only reason im nitpicking is because I hope you do more!

This is REALLY alleviating my urge to own the older DVD Prime. I think when I get this I will forget about that one for a bit. I have to say, this looks alot better than the MP version in bot mode at least. The colors are VERY nice.
BLITZWING ARM FIX
BUY/SELL/TRADE LIST!! Check it!!
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...975-b-s-t.html
Snake_eyes1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
Butt + Hurt = TF Fans
Computron34's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not enough
News Credits: 11
Send a message via AIM to Computron34
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
I thought this figure was getting a mass release after all?
Rumor Denied - Masterpiece Optimus Prime Will be a Toys R Us Exclusive in the US - Transformers News - TFW2005
Computron34 on Twitter, TF Legends, and basically everything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook View Post
Our fandom has become a huge cesspool of whiny bitches.
Computron34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #18
Toylover
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaujta View Post
One question- can he sit? Honestly, I like to pose figures on my shelf looking either natural or sometimes relaxed, and I wanted to know if the hip joints allow for a proper sitting position. MP01 can sit rather easily, and if this one can, I'll buy it on sight. If not, I'm not sure.
He can't fully sit as the thighs can't bend at a 90 degree angle.
It's my only criticism of this toy. They should have made the hip joints extend a bit to give him a wider range, like some SOC toys.
eriku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #19
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
JEALOUS!! And the nifty compartment behind roller is for the trailer hitch, isn't it??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #20
Primus Hates You!
News Credits: 8
Thanks for the feedback guys! I look forward to doing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
The hatch on the back of roller is for you to rotate that back piece around, revealing a trailer hitch.
Ah that's what I get for not looking at enough MP10 reviews and for not having instructions Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opt1musaber View Post
If Takara's version looked like this, my opinion of this figure when compared to MP-01 would be totally different. As of now, Hasbro's version is pretty close to the perfect Prime representation. Whether or not this tops MP-04 is completely subjective though, but for me I'll put them on par, since MP-04 achieves so many other things so well, especially its gimmicks that MP-10 somewhat lacks. Plus, I'm a huge sucker for diecast

BTW I've been living vicariously through you from your pics. I want this, like, NOW.
I'm going to take some more in a while and update this thread because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
I echo OP's comments. you did a VERY good job for your 1st review. Nice camera shots as well, Although I would zoom out just a bit to include the ENTIRE figure, just so we can see the feet and such in poses. The only reason im nitpicking is because I hope you do more!
I just realized I didn't include shots like those Going to update the thread with some in a while.

Quote:
T

Requested thread title change already Thanks for pointing that out!
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Feedback Want List
Star Saber is offline   Reply With Quote