Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations "GDO" Deluxe Springer

Reply Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 6
Generations "GDO" Deluxe Springer

Pros:
Great new head sculpt

Paint apps are good

New sword looks great

Cons:
Sword is a little loose when pegged into hand

Loose hip joints, but fixable

Tail in alt mode doesn't like to stay pegged together

Robot mode not quite fitting for character imo

Quick Notes: The head sculpt is GREAT! Definitely the best of the set. I like the way the sword looks, but it is kinda loose in Springer's hand. Not super loose, but it fell out a couple of times when I was messing with the figure. The hips on my figure were pretty loose, but that was easy to fix with some clear nail polish. In alt mode, the tail section tended to start splitting after too long. It may just be an issue with my copy, my Tomahawk never had this issue as I recall. The sword can be stored in robot and alt modes, and as pointed out by others, all three can be stored by making use of the c-clips that I forgot were on the missle launchers. Head MUST be rotated 180 degrees to transform from robot to vehicle mode, otherwise the head can not fit into the cockpit.

This certainly boils down to whether or not you like the Tomahawk mold as Springer. I happen to like the mold, although it doesn't quite work as Springer. It wasn't a deal breaker for me however. It has a great head sculpt, but I'm slightly less enthralled by it than the other three that I have opened (Still contemplating opening Cliffjumper for toy science). Mildly recommended.

EDITS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Wing View Post
Agent Adam, would it be possible to take a pic, where you mistranform the toes, meaning place the single toe in front, with the "clawed" feet in the back? I just want to see if that alternative transformatoin reduces the "chicken feet" look in my head.
Agent Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
News Credits: 8
This would be better if the legs weren't as movie-like.
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
yeeyee
Collection Count: one thing i said that i would never do
i love that headsculpt, but i wish they hadn't molded the entire back in blue. the rest of him looks pretty good from the waist up. those legs kill it.

what kind of stand is that btw?
Fallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
おもちゃは今とても暑いです
News Credits: 9
DAT Headsculpt.
Nice one there, AA. I can see potential places for me to fix to make him less...er...Bay-looking.
TCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
Sir.
Collection Count: At least 100.
It's not so much the design of the legs that bothers me (I still have yet to figure out what the exact criteria for "movie-like" is, assuming it's not just fanboy code for "stuff I don't like"), but rather, the fact that there are no ankle tilts. They seem to hurt his posability quite a bit. Otherwise, the colours, the head, and the new sword seem pretty cool.
Sumner Sturgeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumner Sturgeon View Post
It's not so much the design of the legs that bothers me (I still have yet to figure out what the exact criteria for "movie-like" is, assuming it's not just fanboy code for "stuff I don't like")
Slight chicken legs going on, lots of molded complicated details, and lack of humanoid feet. Give me an example of a mold from a Classics line that has feet like that.
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
i love that headsculpt, but i wish they hadn't molded the entire back in blue. the rest of him looks pretty good from the waist up. those legs kill it.

what kind of stand is that btw?
It's a Bandai 1/144th Action Base for Gundam models. Hes just kinda resting on it at an angle, not peg or clipped onto it or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCracker View Post
DAT Headsculpt.
Nice one there, AA. I can see potential places for me to fix to make him less...er...Bay-looking.
Haha, I look forward to what you do to him!
Agent Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
Sir.
Collection Count: At least 100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
Slight chicken legs going on, lots of molded complicated details, and lack of humanoid feet. Give me an example of a mold from a Classics line that has feet like that.
Hm...fair enough. I still at least agree with you insofar as not liking the feet, though again, in my case, it's due to the lack of posability.
Sumner Sturgeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #9
I WILL DESTROY YOU

Collection Count: I have no idea
Looks great, honestly I think this may be the best of the wave. I *think* the c-clips from the missle launchers can clip onto the guns on the wing tips.
All things TOKUsatsu!
Thundercats HO!
GI JOE!
Ark Of Toys!
CHECK OUT OUR RESOURCES!:
Transformers Database
GI Joe Database
Shin Densetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
Benriya's coming........
News Credits: 3
I really love the Tomahawk mold, so this one is definitely a no-brainer for me. Definitely getting this.

Agent Adam, thanks for the pics. But a tip...the sides of the chopper, the intakes where the arms are attached to, actually rotate up a bit higher to form his chest and lock in place a bit better. Like here in Coolsux's pic of Tomahawk.

http://www.cooksux.com/therabbithaul...1/tomahawk.png
Angelwave is offline   Reply With Quote