Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Botcon 2012 Shattered Glass Octopunch

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Infectious
CookSux's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many, yet not enough
News Credits: 8
Send a message via AIM to CookSux
Botcon 2012 Shattered Glass Octopunch

The next Transformers exclusive from Botcon 2012 is the Heroic Decepticon Octopunch. Food for thought,*why are the Decepticons still called Decepticons in the Shattered Glass universe? They should be named*Honorcons or something along those lines. This figure came packaged with Spinister and offered as an add-on souvenir package. Here's the review.

Shattered Glass Octopunch

Alt Mode: Shattered Glass*Octopunch is just a simple repaint of Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons*Sea Spray. There is absolutely nothing new, save for the tentacle/duck print on the roof of the vehicle. The deco doesn't do much for me, and is something that I'd completely glance past in retail. I also want to mention that Octopunch's true alt mode is a crab, not a hovercraft.

Robot Mode: If you have Sea Spray, you're not going to find anything elaborate here. Nothing has been remolded. With that said, I don't know how I feel about throwing a Reprolabel Decepticon sticker to convert it into a standard Classics Octopunch. While I don't mind it not having an alternate deep diver helmet or a monstrous head, there's something I just can't subscribe to. The deco is boring and uninspired.

Overall: Here's my question... why would FunPub go out of their way to waste an exclusive slot with Octopunch? I probably would have liked this much more if it was just labelled as Shattered Glass Sea Spray instead. A Shattered Glass deco should not look like the original one. So what's so Shattered Glass about it? What were they thinking? Even the retail version of Sea Spray has more paint apps than this con exclusive does, and that's absurd. I'll be honest with you guys, I'm on the fence about selling mine. Where did my money go for this toy? This cheap repaint is definitely the worst exclusive this year.

For more pictures, check out The Rabbit Haul
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
silly muffin ass
Collection Count: Too many to count
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookSux View Post
I probably would have liked this much more if it was just labelled as Shattered Glass Sea Spray instead.
So...just call it that then. Might have to scrub the ducks off first.
Now printing affordable parts - Click here to get the upgrades shown in my sig (along with many others)

I also take requests, always looking for new ideas
MegaMoonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Wrecker
Collection Count: 29 (Not counting fast food Kids Meal Toys)
I'm really interested by this figure. I may have to pick him up someday in the future, when/if I start collecting Shattered Glass. I've considered it a bunch of times, but then I realize how expensive it would be to collect Shattered Glass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Bumblebee765 - The biggest Nerd I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Tracking it. Going toward it. Picking it up. Paying for it. Opening it. Playing with it.
Bumblebee765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
I AM BECOME DEATH!!
Collection Count: I have some toys....and some faces..
News Credits: 1
I like it. I just don't get the blue paint on his helmet though. I can't help but get an image of that bald guy from Dungeons & Dragons in my head every time I see SG Octopunch.

And the ducks.....GOD THE DUCKS!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG hailstorm View Post
Cuteness and evil rolled into one, kinda like dinodigger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideswipePrime View Post
Dinodigger...WHAT THE HE-HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSAP2006 View Post
That's almost as scary as Dinodigger. Almost.
Dinodigger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:44 AM   #5
Squadron X Consultant
BScorpinok75's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Most Classics (CHUG) Figures That Have Retail Releases
Send a message via Yahoo to BScorpinok75
Nice pics! I will be slapping so D'cons symbols on him and he will be my Classic-verse Octopunch. But, I am hoping for a solid upgrade kit for him.
Sales (TFCC Rampage, TFCC Thrustinator, Universe 2.0 Powerglide, Universe 2.0 Blaster w/Renderform upgrade, Universe 2.0 Storm Cloud) | Feedback (TFW) | Feedback (Ebay) | Wants (BH Dark Steel, Marvel Deaths Head, FOC Impactor) | Which Mini TF Is Most Deserving Of An Update?
BScorpinok75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Self-Titled #1 Lugnut Fan
Collection Count: Probably around 400?
News Credits: 167
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinodigger97 View Post
I like it. I just don't get the blue paint on his helmet though. I can't help but get an image of that bald guy from Dungeons & Dragons in my head every time I see SG Octopunch.

And the ducks.....GOD THE DUCKS!!!!!!
The rebreather on the original toy was blue, and part of his torso mold.

On this figure, since it's an updated diver's helmet, the rebreather is on the helmet itself.
BT Toons - updates Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tekno Reviews: Watch Tekno and the Lugnut-tans review and rate toys!
General Tekno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
Anguirus's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Pleading the fifth.
News Credits: 5
This was also the weak figure of the set for me. You had to get it if you wanted that glorious Spinister though.

I will say the Octopunch vs. Octopunch battle in the comic is pretty funny, but it doesn't make the toy really any better.
I'm reviewing MtMtE at Deadshirt.net! Latest review: MtMtE #27 (Dark Cybertron Chapter 10)
Sale and Trade, Feedback, Want Thread
Anguirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Terrorcon
Sometimes when I really loathe a figure, it helps to read people happily gushing about it. Makes me feel like "hey, this one wasn't for me, but look at all the people that are happy about it."

With that in mind, I just wanted to let you guys know that this is the one Botcon 2012 figure I was really excited for, and the only one I bought. It came in the mail today, I slapped a proper decepticon symbol on his chest, put Terradive's trident (soon to be repainted yellow and chrome) in his hands, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I'm a huge sucker for the Bludgeon/Skullgrin school of Classics Pretenders, and this might be my favorite one of the bunch.
TFL name: Nefud4Kids
Nefud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
TFW2005 Supporter
videriant's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 3
I ended up liking the figure more then I thought. I loath the mold as Seaspray because of his legs but can put up with it as Octopunch.

Too bad the pontoons don't fold up nicely on the bottom. They would have made perfect crab legs.

Feedback Thread - Sale Thread - Email/Paypal :videriant.tf@gmail.com
Unofficial TFCC FAQ

Hasbro and Takara are parents that have raised the family for almost 30 years, clothed you, fed you, provided for you.
3P's are the distant relatives that you see once a year when they bring you a cool birthday present.
videriant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Terrorcon
That's awesome.
TFL name: Nefud4Kids
Nefud is offline   Reply With Quote