Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Cyberverse Legions Breakdown

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Toylover
News Credits: 1
Cyberverse Legions Breakdown

Mini review for a mini figure. Crappy phone pics will be supplemented with better photos later.

From the back:
“Breakdown is more than happy to take any mission Megatron assigns him – especially if it means a chance to take on Bulkhead. The two big bruisers have had a beef for a long time, but Breakdown means for it to end on Earth, once and for all.”

Stats:
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Fireblast: 6
Skill: 5

Package: Nothing new.

Bot mode:

Head sculpt is great, chest looks right, but from there everything else is just a rough approximation of Breakdown. Arms are far too long (though part of that is the panels that extent beyond his hands), legs and feet have that sort of generic “Legions/Legends” look. I don’t mind the inaccuracies on a figure this size though. The biggest downfall is that he looks tragically small next to Bulkhead.

That’s usually not so much a problem for me with Cyberverse toys because their sizes are all over the place (as is the case with TFs in general), but with the relationship of the two on the show it would have been nice to have them eye-to-eye. Also I can’t help but imagine how excellent this toy could have been at Commander size. He looks good with the rest of the Legions, but ironically he is actually the shortest/smallest among them. :/

Articulation:

Ball/socket shoulders with limited range, hinge elbows that only allow ‘hugs’, ball/socket hips with a wide range, hinge knees that at first seem like they only bend forward but can also bend the right way with a bit of force. Nothing too impressive, but certainly not as meager as many Legions/Legends toys. And he can hold a massive sword above his head which is always nice.

Alt mode:

Transformation is quick and easy and a bit different from what I've seen before. I love Breakdown’s alt mode on the show and this is a tidy little representation of it. All of the windows are painted, the grill is painted and the spare tire is painted, so it doesn’t seem lacking in detail.

Overall I’m pretty happy with Breakdown, even though my love for the character makes me wish he were a Commander. He’ll do for now, and I’m just glad my favorite ‘Con got made in the Cyberverse line at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-01_package.jpg   Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-01_alt_breakdown.jpg   Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-02_alt_breakdown.jpg   Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-03_alt_breakdown.jpg   Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-04_alt_breakdown.jpg  

Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-10_bot_breakdown.jpg   Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-11_bot_breakdown.jpg   Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-12_bot_breakdown.jpg   Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-13_bot_breakdown.jpg   Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-14_bot_breakdown.jpg  

Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-15_bot_breakdown.jpg   Cyberverse Legions Breakdown-16_bot_breakdown.jpg  
eriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Not Randy Butternubs
Collection Count: More than I should, but less than I want.
News Credits: 4
For a Legion figure, this isn't bad at all. Having the knees and hinge elbows is a real bonus.
Bought on sight.
"It is only logical, as I gaze upon the spark of this femme-bot, that I guide my dexterous manipulator and apply additional servos to the task of making it stronger, so that she may comprehend a femme-bot's expected role. Logic dictates."
Yaujta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
Cheese
Can you remove his head or arms or his legs? just for show accuracy is all.
megapork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Toylover
Arms and legs are on ball socket joints, so they can be removed.
Head can be removed with an Xacto knife.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Dark Wrecker
Collection Count: 182
News Credits: 3
Cool figure, but it really needed to be a Commander. I will definitely buy my usual two.

Did you find this in the U.S. or elsewhere? I thought I just finished finding everything around here. lol
Reaper Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
Toylover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper Cloud View Post
Cool figure, but it really needed to be a Commander. I will definitely buy my usual two.

Did you find this in the U.S. or elsewhere? I thought I just finished finding everything around here. lol
I bought it from a kindly soul in Taiwan. I don't think they've hit shelves here in the states yet.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Dark Wrecker
Collection Count: 182
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriku View Post
I bought it from a kindly soul in Taiwan. I don't think they've hit shelves here in the states yet.
Cool. I need a break from figure hunting.

This is the only Prime figure for the new Wave right? The other three were movie figures correct?
Reaper Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
Toylover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper Cloud View Post
Cool. I need a break from figure hunting.

This is the only new Prime figure for the new Wave right? The other three were movie figures correct?
Yeah, he's the only Prime figure. Then there are the two movie repaints (Soundwave and Mirage) and Evac, from the ride.

The case assortment SUCKS on this wave, which is why I didn't even bother to try and find him and just ordered him online the moment I saw him on Ebay. Only one Breakdown amongst the whole thing:

2x Bumblebee
1x Vehicon
1x Arcee
1x Breakdown
1x Evac
1x Soundwave
1x Mirage

2 Bumblebees of course.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
News Credits: 10
Too damn small. *sigh*
My feedback
Robogeek28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
Decepticon
When I saw the first pictures pop up I thought for sure I'd get him. Not anymore though, he is just too tiny compared to Bulkhead.
My Feedback
Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote