Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Prime RiD Deluxe Arcee

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #461
Autobot RSX Type-S
Squall42080's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1500+
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to Squall42080
You know, if someone cut the Robots in Disguise Arcee's cannon up, from the barrel about a 1/3 of the way back, and hollowed out the underside...I'm pretty sure you would end up with a slide-on arm cannon just like she uses in the show.

Someone. Make haste.
Squall42080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #462
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
How is RID Optimus a better mould than the FE?
The windshield on his chest is actually his real windshield. The First Edition version fakes it. Also his arms, if they were actually painted correctly, are more accurate to the show model. The First Edition version looks a little blocky.

Actually the Weaponizer version looks to be accurate in both color and molding but it looks like the chest might be fake again. Though I don't actually have a problem with there being a fake windshield. I have a problem with the fact that the real one is directly behind it. I want to cut out the fake windshields and just leave the framing so the arms can still move on that assembly without having to cover the windshield up. If the real windshield ended up on his back like it does with RID Scourge I wouldn't care but it's actually on his chest covered up by a needless fake.
Power Rangers Stuff for sale or trade.

SaberPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #463
It's a Dinobot year.
Collection Count: More than a few by a bunch
News Credits: 2
If you happen to have more than one Arcee, you can stack guns together using the blade mount hole for a comically ginormagantuan weapon.
Feralstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #464
Banned
Collection Count: 141, including incomplete figures, Robot Heroes and Minicons. Latest- TFP Deluxe Knockout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralstorm View Post
If you happen to have more than one Arcee, you can stack guns together using the blade mount hole for a comically ginormagantuan weapon.
I'm so doing that when I get my two.
seekerblackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #465
Magnificent Pagan Beast
Collection Count: 165+
News Credits: 5
Picked up the PRIDE Arcee, and I LOVE her! The backpack is annoying, and glaringly there, but she's a lot simpler, and more fun, IMHO, to transform. I have the FE Arcee via NYCC two pack, I HATE trying to transform that or the Bee (though I should retry again), but I actually enjoy the PRIDE's transformation. I also love the BFG, I thought I'd hate it, initially, but it's freakin' fun; I also was bothered by the notion of having only one of her arm blades, but I got over that real quick when I made her arm blade an arm guard of sorts.

I dig it, recommend trying it out, if you don't like it, you can return it, but I know I'm keeping mine, AND I'm gonna be snagging the Arms Micron one for the Minicon.
Karhukjnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #466
Loves Godzilla & Arcee.
Collection Count: Many so far
I've got my RID Arcee last week at Target. She's pretty amazing!

While she has her own share of flaws I'd say she's just as good as the FE figure. Though she gets points for having more arm aritclation,blue foreamrs and a better looking and cute face to boot!

Sig made by Noneatme. Arcee for Hall of Fame!
kaijuguy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #467
Mostly Harmless
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartini View Post
I guess people have to quantify one way or another their reason for "settling" on a stinker. A figure having a fake chest is a pretty bad reason for the others supposed superiority when the other figure looks bad.
How dare people have different tastes! How DARE they!
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #468
Autobot
News Credits: 6
Have the FE Arcee for a while but opened the RID Arcee today and I am quite pleased with her she is a good one dont hesitate at all picking her up but the FE is still my favorite by far...

Bumblebee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #469
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
I love how the big complaint at the FE is the big heels, which actually help make for fantastic posing, and are about the only true inaccuracy of it's look. The RID version has a boatload of inaccuracies from the gappy, mis-shapen chest, massive back kibble, and incorrect running lights kibble in both modes. And colours aside the RID's arms are just as square as the FE. Even on a technical level the RID version falls flat in some respects, like not hiding the thigh swivel, no wrist swivel, and the chest windows people are so quick to swoon over are upside down.

The only thing I do not agree with the above is that the RID mould sucks. It doesn't. Had the FE not existed people would find this more than acceptable. But the FE does exist. And it's going to be judged, and overall it isn't as good, but still good. I plan on getting it despite owning the FE.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #470
Attack Buffalo
Collection Count: 891
News Credits: 19
I remember the good old days, when this Arcee topic was about Arcee.
Here's a list of stuff I'm looking for!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote