Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TF: PRIME Deluxe Class Soundwave

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #261
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
I compare it to the disappointment one would have with say, a chogokin figure where all the die-cast bits are hidden inside the figure. The quality is there, you just don't see/feel it.
I think it's worth it for the matter finish. He reminds me of the Animated toys and how they were generally matte. Plus it means his glossy face stands out even more as a screen.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #262
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonStreakr View Post
Legs turned around backwards at the hip swivels.http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i6...i/498c2a3a.jpg http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i6...i/a081d241.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i6...i/f7d38c7c.jpg

Annnd..FRENZY! Lol I think of that as recon playback mode and put the fins down when he's done with all the autobot secrets he acquired
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i6...i/c973b79b.jpg
That looks GREAT!
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
NEED: GODGINRAI-POWERMASTER APEX red wing and black blaster
Snake_eyes1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #263
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
I think it's worth it for the matter finish. He reminds me of the Animated toys and how they were generally matte. Plus it means his glossy face stands out even more as a screen.
To be honest, as much as I loved the toys, I never liked the matte finish much on Animated figures. I think I liked figures like Sentinel Prime and Arcee more... because of the glossy plastic.
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #264
Decepticon
I personally think tfp rid Soundwave as part of movieverse Decepticons, considering the detail level, realistic-military alt mode, and the scale.. It fits well with dotm vygr Megatron and rotf sscream. I don't really like his altmode in dotm as a mercedes. Being a spy..the best alt.mode is a spy plane, also fits well as a continuation of rotf's satelite alt mode.

This will also give consistency as decepticons being all military vehicles in the first movie.. Too bad vygr blackout/grindor is too small in scale compare to other cons in picture.
Adiansyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #265
I'm an agile cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiansyah View Post
Being a spy..the best alt.mode is a spy plane...
Actually, as a spy, isn't a disguise to spy on the enemy up close the best? A spy plane is nice, but it doesn't get much closer than literally parked outside the target enemy's home.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #266
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Being a spy..the best alt.mode is a spy plane, also fits well as a continuation of ROTF's satellite alt mode.
Good point...

Quote:
Actually, as a spy, isn't a disguise to spy on the enemy up close the best? A spy plane is nice, but it doesn't get much closer than literally parked outside the target enemy's home.
Better point...

Deathwing's biggest fan - check out his mods here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Wing_Saber-X] View Post
My Junkion Feedback
closetrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:33 PM   #267
Quote:
That's what Laserbeak's for.
mx-01 archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #268
Decepticon
Quote:
That if you only spying on certain people. But I think in alien invasion scale, the spying thing is much more global than one person's house. Maybe the target is a country's defense system.

And I agree with mx-01, if he needs to get closer to the target, that's the reason Soundwave has minions.
Adiansyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #269
I'm an agile cat.
Quote:
That if you only spying on certain people. But I think in alien invasion scale, the spying thing is much more global than one person's house. Maybe the target is a country's defense system.
But that's the point of Soundwave. He then just adopts a new mode. The Mercedes alt mode is great because it shows him in the process of inflitrating. It's context-specific, yes, but there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not saying a spy plane isn't a good alt mode, but it's a lot less actual infiltration than actually wearing a disguise.

Quote:
And I agree with mx-01, if he needs to get closer to the target, that's the reason Soundwave has minions.
I'm sure a flying bat robot the size of a motorcycle won't draw attention while it pervs through windows.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #270
Not when Laserbeak is absolutely dead silent.
mx-01 archon is offline   Reply With Quote