Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Prime Voyager Optimus Prime Review & Pics

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #351
Senior Member
Snake_eyes1975's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,410
Location: Metro D West Burb
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by power3921 View Post
I cannot get his hood to close! Nothing seems to click or lock or anything.
Hmmm...

The ARM panels for the hood lock right into the chest on mine.
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
NEED: GODGINRAI-POWERMASTER APEX red wing and black blaster
Snake_eyes1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #352
Predacon
Eurobeatking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 487
Location: SoCal,Turnbull Canyon Prefecture
Collection Count: Were suppose to keep count?
So I got sorta lucky over the weekend and found a FE Takara OP for 50 bucks used,box and all.Now I do have some issues,the silver paint is coming off on my fingers especially on the blade.Theres tiny flecks of silver paint all over him too,like on the roof in Altmode and his windshield chest in Robot mode.His Autobot symbol on the grill is barely noticeable since its blurred against the silver.

Thats minor stuff but my biggest issue is,his hips are very loose,anyway to fix or tighten them up without breaking him?
Eurobeatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #353
Attack Buffalo
Valkysas's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 20,731
Location: Lansing Michigan
Collection Count: 891
News Credits: 19
Silver paint on the blade? Silver paint on the grill? Sounds like you bought someone's custom.

The paint apps on the Takara Tomy FE Optimus Prime are the exact same as the first run Hasbro one. The only silver paint on him is on the head, front of the legs, autobot symbol on his shoulder, and the steps on the sides of the truck mode. There's none on the blade or grill.
Here's a list of stuff I'm looking for!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #354
Hasbro LIES to the US
Knightdramon's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,665
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeatking View Post
So I got sorta lucky over the weekend and found a FE Takara OP for 50 bucks used,box and all.Now I do have some issues,the silver paint is coming off on my fingers especially on the blade.Theres tiny flecks of silver paint all over him too,like on the roof in Altmode and his windshield chest in Robot mode.His Autobot symbol on the grill is barely noticeable since its blurred against the silver.

Thats minor stuff but my biggest issue is,his hips are very loose,anyway to fix or tighten them up without breaking him?
You probably got the one that was on sale in the BST forums from a member who paired it up with some cyberverse figures? The silver is custom work.
SOC, Yamato, Hot Toys, FE and more for sale!
Feedback thread!
Knightdramon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #355
Predacon
Eurobeatking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 487
Location: SoCal,Turnbull Canyon Prefecture
Collection Count: Were suppose to keep count?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
Silver paint on the blade? Silver paint on the grill? Sounds like you bought someone's custom.

The paint apps on the Takara Tomy FE Optimus Prime are the exact same as the first run Hasbro one. The only silver paint on him is on the head, front of the legs, autobot symbol on his shoulder, and the steps on the sides of the truck mode. There's none on the blade or grill.
Doh!!!!! Your right looking at picks now I see it.I can see the grey plastic is a bit darker in the pics,but the one I have is painted silver.Any way to take the silver off with out ruining it?Also what about the hips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
You probably got the one that was on sale in the BST forums from a member who paired it up with some cyberverse figures? The silver is custom work.
Actually got it a trade show.I thought I got lucky too,since it so rare to find the Takara ones.So was 50 bucks a bad deal?
Eurobeatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #356
Attack Buffalo
Valkysas's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 20,731
Location: Lansing Michigan
Collection Count: 891
News Credits: 19
Unfortunately, stuff like rubbing alchohol and paint thinner can damage the bendable plastic of the blade.

50 for it is a good deal, provided you can get the silver paint off if you don't like it.

for the hips, open him up and dab some future floor polish on the unassembled parts of the joint with a Q-tip and let it dry. it'll slightly thicken the part, which will make the joint tighter.
Here's a list of stuff I'm looking for!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #357
Predacon
Eurobeatking's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 487
Location: SoCal,Turnbull Canyon Prefecture
Collection Count: Were suppose to keep count?
Doh!!! again.Yeah Ill probably ruin him or make things worse if trying to remove the paint.Why did someone have to ruin him with adding silver paint to his already great paint job.Also the fact the paint rubs off when touched too.I didnt even pick up on that right away when I got him,I was just happy to find a decently used Takara FE OP.

The silver is even on hips and thighs,so maybe thats why hes so loose there.Maybe Ill fix the hips,but right now the more I look at him the more I dont want him anymore...
Eurobeatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #358
A Ray of Sunshine
Haloid1177's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25,407
Location: Check under your bed.
Collection Count: Could be considered a problem...
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeatking View Post
Doh!!! again.Yeah Ill probably ruin him or make things worse if trying to remove the paint.Why did someone have to ruin him with adding silver paint to his already great paint job.Also the fact the paint rubs off when touched too.I didnt even pick up on that right away when I got him,I was just happy to find a decently used Takara FE OP.

The silver is even on hips and thighs,so maybe thats why hes so loose there.Maybe Ill fix the hips,but right now the more I look at him the more I dont want him anymore...
You can use the rubbing alcohol to remove the paint on the plastic, just not the sword. After that, apply Future to the hips and you should have a pretty good FE OP.
Haloid1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #359
Attack Buffalo
Valkysas's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 20,731
Location: Lansing Michigan
Collection Count: 891
News Credits: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeatking View Post
Doh!!! again.Yeah Ill probably ruin him or make things worse if trying to remove the paint.Why did someone have to ruin him with adding silver paint to his already great paint job.Also the fact the paint rubs off when touched too.I didnt even pick up on that right away when I got him,I was just happy to find a decently used Takara FE OP.

The silver is even on hips and thighs,so maybe thats why hes so loose there.Maybe Ill fix the hips,but right now the more I look at him the more I dont want him anymore...
if it's rubbing off, it sounds like they may have used a sharpie.
Here's a list of stuff I'm looking for!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #360
Mostly Harmless
Gilgamesh's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,644
Location: Santiago, Chile
News Credits: 1
Could you provide a picture?
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Hobby Link Japan