Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Review: Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
TF Museum Curator

Collection Count: 1400+
News Credits: 1
I very much like how the new G1 Prime scales with Movie Prime. That is a neat picture and gives me ideas for my display once I get this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittap View Post
I'm a TRANSFORMERS fan not a HASBRO fan. So if Hasbro flat out refuses (for the most part) to make the toys of characters I want I have no problem getting them from a third party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
Every time Hasbro or Takara save a penny by cutting corners, the third party guys make a dollar.
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #22
Break the line
Collection Count: ~120
News Credits: 20
it looks better as a whole i think, but if i look at the parts that make it up i prefer mp-01/04 except for the head and the area right under the windows.

[youtube] | [feedback] | [cy.ca feedback] | [flickr] | [twitter]
hardreturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #23
Emerald Green
exomega255's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Around 1000
News Credits: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by process View Post
I'd pay more not to have die-cast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Morph View Post
To me, putting more metal into a figure (in place of plastic obviously!) doesn't immediately define it as a quality piece. It's all how the diecast is used and in many cases, I have seen it almost ruin the posability of a figure. Maybe just have some in the feet but never should there be any above the waist IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr291 View Post
^^^^

Diecast doesn't equal quality to me either. Sure, it worked during the G1 days because most of them had zero articulation. Now, it usually (not all the time) just makes the figure top heavy and limits their movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by process View Post
Weight isn't a substitute for quality. Die-cast toys are typically made from cheap, weak metals which, unlike plastic, tend to break before they stress and deform. Then there's paint chipping and balance.

ALL of these I agree with. Instead of putting in my own words, I think everything has been said about die-cast.
Feedback/My Sales
exomega255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #24
Toylover
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookSux View Post
I just wish that his hips didn't hinder movement. Prime can't lift his legs high enough to sit down properly.
Believe it or not I'm petty enough where this one element just turned me off enough to decide I wont get this thing. I've got a weird hangup with hip articulation on high-end figures, in that if it's not at least enough to sit down I want nothing to do with the toy.

And yes, I know this is a problem with me and not a problem with the toys.
eriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #25
Super Moderator

News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
When was the last time you broke the metal parts on a Transformer of that price? Or any price? Broken plastic parts on Transformers though, very common. How many times have I read "the figure was broken right ouf of package"?
How many times have I read "the diecast had paint chips right out of package"? It works both ways.
ALL New 2014 Sales Thread: Hundreds of TFs

TFW2005 and eBay feedback. Collection Showcase Thread!
Wanted: G1, G2, Masterpiece
Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #26
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
Paint chips, plastic flash, bad paint apps, no big deal. But broken parts? Anyway, I got several transforming die-cast toys and none of them ever suffered from paint chipping. Or breakage. Plastic toys, yes.
For sale/trade: TFs (G1 to AEO), 3rd party (TW Brainwave & Hardbone, etc.), Roadbots, Super Sentai, Marvel Shape Shifters, etc. here.
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #27
Autobot
Want it sooooo bad , but havent been paid yet (and have a no CC rule these days)
krysuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #28
Prototype Black
Satomiblood's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Eleventy Billion
megatroptimus fails to realize that his own (positive) experiences with diecast aren't an absolute and that there will be varying experiences for everyone. As Fosterlager mentioned, it goes both ways.

Anyway, I'll get this eventually, but I may hold out for an American release. And seeing as how the window between Japanese and American MP releases has gone from years (Skywarp, Grimlock) to just a matter of months (Rodimus), I don't think it'll be long before we see this as a hypothetical TRU Exclusive, sans trailer.
Satomiblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #29
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satomiblood View Post
megatroptimus fails to realize that his own (positive) experiences with diecast aren't an absolute and that there will be varying experiences for everyone. As Fosterlager mentioned, it goes both ways.
And you fail to realize most people against die-cast have very little if no experience will high-end die-cast figures. The Soul of Chogokin line, just to name that one, proves that die-cast can be used both effectively and tastefully.
For sale/trade: TFs (G1 to AEO), 3rd party (TW Brainwave & Hardbone, etc.), Roadbots, Super Sentai, Marvel Shape Shifters, etc. here.
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #30
Constructicon
Hoping for an American release. I never got a chance to get MP01, and while I'm generally not a fan of the MP figures due to space issues, I'd make an exception for Prime.

Looks good to me so far, thanks for the photos.
CyrDraconis is offline   Reply With Quote