Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Review: Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #1321
Decepticon
Couple of fun shots (guess I just need Faith Leader and Hybrid Convoy to complete the size range).

I just noticed how MP-10 favors the G1 toy aesthetics more than MP-01 (chest window proportions, head shape, colors), while MP-01 still reminds me more of the "typical" G1 cartoon animation.

MP-10 needs a bigger gun
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy-g1groupshot1_sm.jpg   Review: Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy-g1groupshot2_sm.jpg  
jetrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #1322
Collection Count: 400+
News Credits: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetrobo View Post
Couple of fun shots (guess I just need Faith Leader and Hybrid Convoy to complete the size range).

I just noticed how MP-10 favors the G1 toy aesthetics more than MP-01 (chest window proportions, head shape, colors), while MP-01 still reminds me more of the "typical" G1 cartoon animation.

MP-10 needs a bigger gun
I don't see how MP 01 favors the cartoon more at all. The cartoon always took liberties with his shape, making him way more dynamic and heroically proportioned then the actual toy, and MP-10 follows suit, while MP-01 maintains a very boxy appearance. I love them both, but I can't see what you're saying there. (and your MP 10 in those pics doesn't have his arms slid out above the elbow, which makes his shape looke more boxy then it is)
Liege Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #1323
Decepticon
How about a caveat everthing I said with "IMO" ? I stand by what I said, but I'm sure not everyone agrees or has the same recollection of their favorite G1 cartoon scenes. From my viewpoint, the overall the G1 cartoon prime had more square windows and had generally even proportions that doesn't quite match the exaggerated proportions that MP-10 captures. I do agree with you, however, that both toys are great.

I don't extend the MP-10 arms all the way because I think they look odd and proportionally too long that way.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #1324
Combaticon
mine is stuck in customs for 2 f*cking weeks.....
“Goddamn it, I just sat on your goddamned truck guy…. Optimus Prime? I don’t give a shit what it’s
called, keep it away from where I like to put my ass.”
ZEGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #1325
Quote:
How about a caveat everthing I said with "IMO" ? I stand by what I said, but I'm sure not everyone agrees or has the same recollection of their favorite G1 cartoon scenes. From my viewpoint, the overall the G1 cartoon prime had more square windows and had generally even proportions that doesn't quite match the exaggerated proportions that MP-10 captures. I do agree with you, however, that both toys are great.

I don't extend the MP-10 arms all the way because I think they look odd and proportionally too long that way.
You can say whatever you want, and I don't doubt you believe it. I didn't mean to say you're opinion was wrong as fact, I was just disagreeing for discussion's sake. Of course, who knows when the cartoon's Prime was drawn different, shot by shot.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #1326
Decepticon
It's all cool.

I just got my first G1 prime toy ever yesterday (I know, I'm a heretic), and in my giddiness in having all these awesome G1 prime toys in front of me, the similarities and differences I noted above just struck me. I also noted what a huge friggin' noggin MP-01 had compared to G1 toy and MP-10.

I agree, someone needs to put a picture montage together to illustrate every variation of Prime in the cartoon to illustrate how inconsistent the animtion was.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #1327
Dinobot
Actually, one of the reasons I got rid of my MP-01 in favor of the MP-10 is because the latter reminded me much more of the G1 toy. To me, the MP-10's proportions are more squat and slightly less anthropomorphic (proportionally longer monkey arms, and more obvious truck bits on the legs). Conversely the MP-01 is proportionally leaner and has a more streamlined look, along with a more emphasized (bigger) head, and the upper torso reminds me too much of a buff action figure. That's why he reminds me more of the cartoon representation.
Predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #1328
Quote:
It's all cool.

I just got my first G1 prime toy ever yesterday (I know, I'm a heretic), and in my giddiness in having all these awesome G1 prime toys in front of me, the similarities and differences I noted above just struck me. I also noted what a huge friggin' noggin MP-01 had compared to G1 toy and MP-10.

I agree, someone needs to put a picture montage together to illustrate every variation of Prime in the cartoon to illustrate how inconsistent the animtion was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaking000 View Post
Actually, one of the reasons I got rid of my MP-01 in favor of the MP-10 is because the latter reminded me much more of the G1 toy. To me, the MP-10's proportions are more squat and slightly less anthropomorphic (proportionally longer monkey arms, and more obvious truck bits on the legs). Conversely the MP-01 is proportionally leaner and has a more streamlined look, along with a more emphasized (bigger) head, and the upper torso reminds me too much of a buff action figure. That's why he reminds me more of the cartoon representation.
I do think the arms, head and torso of MP-10 comes closer to the G1 toy since he has the thinner waste and longer lower arms and smaller head. I guess I felt that MP-01 was a great representation of the cartoon, and then MP-10 came along and was even closer, but I might be thinking more of the promotional stills they made of him, which were usually drawn with some more detail then we'd get in the 'toon.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #1329
Combaticon
Jazz wants some fun!

so much personality in this figure...he actually looks heroic
“Goddamn it, I just sat on your goddamned truck guy…. Optimus Prime? I don’t give a shit what it’s
called, keep it away from where I like to put my ass.”
ZEGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #1330
Mini-Con
anybody knows the exact height of Optimus in transformed height including the trailer?
DarthGW is offline   Reply With Quote