Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Review: Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Convoy

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #1121
G1 Fan
Collection Count: 40 or so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisconvoy View Post
Will there be an American release of MP-10?
It's not looking good.

If there is, it will be announced in July at Comic Con. But with the weak dollar, Hasbro is focusing it's efforts on overseas venues. We won't see any new Transformer toys (excluding prime toys) until 2013.

Since Hasbro's Execs say collector toys don't sell (even though MP Grimlock and MP HotRod were a HUGE success), I doubt it.

But that's why the ever knowing execs are so much smarter than their own fan base. They know what the fans really want. They know will sell and what won't. /sarcasm. Their lack of insight in their own market caused 200 Hasbro employees to lose their jobs this year.

If it's a toy that will sell and that fans want, don't count on it being released in the states.
ae_productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #1122
News Credits: 1
I don't know where any of that crap comes from. Hasbro Asia is an autonomous branch of the Hasbro group as a whole. They're capable of doing their own thing in their own market. It's not a sign that Hasbro has given up on the North American market or whatever.

News of Rodimus didn't come until BotCon, and then he didn't show up until Fall-ish. We'll probably waiting until at least then for a North American release. Or perhaps they'd want to wait until the Christmas season, and try to push the market harder (as in, maybe mass-release, rather than store exclusive) then.
mx-01 archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #1123
Decepticons forever!
Yeah, umm...a few things to maybe think about re Hasbro US and how they're so TF fan-hatey.
1: Hasbro is a big business that makes more than just TFs. Those job losses were from Hasbro as a whole, not just from falling TF sales.
2: The main market for TFs is still parents buying toys for their children. As in, their young children, not the bigger, older children that tend to make up a lot of the more vocal parts of the fandom. IIRC 'the fans' account for about 10% of TF sales. These parents maybe aren't going to be so inclined to buy an expensive, complicated MP of a really old character for little Timmy, especially not with the economy in the crapper the way it is.
3: You USAliens have it pretty sweet, hey. Seriously, TF fans in pretty much any other country you can think of pay more than you guys, usually for markedly less selection and without the constant sales and special offers.
If you want to see 'neglecting the fan base' try living under Hasbro AUs tender care.
das_hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #1124
Mostly Harmless
Besides, he got it all wrong. Of all of Hasbro's brands, transformers had the biggest growth lately. If they had to let people go it was for other toy brands not doing so well, and the whole state of the economy. Heck, they even cited DOTM as having sold pretty well.
Gilgamesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #1125
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Is there a chance somebody can get a picture of him in both vehicle and robot mode with a [preferably] Binaltech or Alternator figure? I'd like to see how they are on equal terms, if any.
If nobody does, I'll take some pics when I get home.
I only have alternators, any specific mold you want to see?

I can tell you the scale is WAY off though.
Demonss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #1126
Mostly Harmless
I'm pretty sure somebody posted comparison pics with alts in this very thread, but I really can't blame you for not searching... it's a pretty long thread.
Gilgamesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #1127
The Dark Knight
Batman's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_productions View Post
If it's a toy that will sell and that fans want, don't count on it being released in the states.
This seems to be the case lately.

MP 10 is easily the best Transformer I own.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #1128
Herald of Unicron
Just some quick pics from my phone:

Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #1129
Defiler of Energon
herugrim's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Hundred somethin
Send a message via AIM to herugrim Send a message via MSN to herugrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx-01 archon View Post
News of Rodimus didn't come until BotCon, and then he didn't show up until Fall-ish. We'll probably waiting until at least then for a North American release. Or perhaps they'd want to wait until the Christmas season, and try to push the market harder (as in, maybe mass-release, rather than store exclusive) then.
I never saw a sinlge MP Rodimus, or Grimlock for that matter. You're optimism is irritating

But people really shouldn't get their hopes up. Transformers seem to be in a bit of a reccession, despite the television show. Chances of this MP showing up at all are very slim.
herugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #1130
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by herugrim View Post
I never saw a sinlge MP Rodimus, or Grimlock for that matter. You're optimism is irritating

But people really shouldn't get their hopes up. Transformers seem to be in a bit of a reccession, despite the television show. Chances of this MP showing up at all are very slim.
If it shows up, I'm totally buying a second.. If it doesn't... then I'll just have to be content with my takara version.