Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Dual Model Kit Optimus Prime (DMK 01)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #481
Aerialbot
you guys are very talented on this they are different customs but all amazing. what you guys think on this one

are the dark part on feet and under chest accurate?
SALE
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...vels-sale.html
FEEDBACK
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...7-naldopr.html
naldopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #482
Aerialbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGAPRIME1983 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServO View Post
Honestly, just painting his skeleton goes a loooong way towards making this kit look even more amazing.
I have a lot of experience with painting models, and weathering, so it was a no brainer on my end, but even if you've never painted a model in your life, this would be a good place to start...you will need only the essentials...a couple of paint brushes, and some simple colors...black, silver, gray, and maybe a rust/brown. I use acrylics...that's my personal choice. There are TONS of tips and tricks on the boards here, and still more on various modeling sites around the interwebs.
I painted just the skeleton of my DMK...I left the red and blue bits alone except for some minor scuffing and weathering...trust me...it brings a lot more out of the kit...again...just my opinion on the matter.
Also, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner when you posed a question a couple pages back...if you need any advice along the way, just shoot me a PM. Without a doubt, there are other painters here that would probably put my feeble skills to shame, but I am not completely inept with a paint brush.
thanks for the tips man what was the most difficult part on this kit?
SALE
FEEDBACK
Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #483
Seeker (I look for stuff)
Collection Count: Eleventy-billion
Quote:
Originally Posted by naldopr View Post
thanks for the tips man what was the most difficult part on this kit?
For me the hardest part was not playing with it...you know marching him across my desk making laser sounds lol...seriously though the little bits like his windows and mirrors were probably the toughest parts...you just gotta go slow, and make sure you test fit as you go.

Sales Feedback Collection
ServO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #484
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
For me, I think the biggest problem I had with it was the time I put into it. I only say that because I had put the kit together to make sure that everything fit together right, found any loose/overly tight pieces, fixed the problems with them, then took it apart again to paint it. The paint chipping you see on mine took about 8 hours total alone. So it took me just as long to detail it as it took painting all the base colors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #485
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGAPRIME1983 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServO View Post
LOL no problem...I posted some pics of mine just a couple of pages back...

Dual Model Kit Optimus Prime (DMK 01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naldopr View Post
you guys are very talented on this they are different customs but all amazing. what you guys think on this one
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_3QEEGabUx...Prime%2B01.jpg

are the dark part on feet and under chest accurate?

Thanks guys, That is truely impressive. Im a model NUT, and I kick myself everytime I see these, and wonder why I didnt join this bandwagon
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
NEED: GODGINRAI-POWERMASTER APEX red wing and black blaster
Snake_eyes1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #486
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
Thanks guys, That is truely impressive. Im a model NUT, and I kick myself everytime I see these, and wonder why I didnt join this bandwagon
To be fair, the kit looks amazing, but it's a complete pain in the ass to deal with. Loose and floppy out of the box, with numerous small and fragile parts that don't fit right and need to be trimmed/modified.
mx-01 archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #487
Za Warudo!
World Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too effing many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx-01 archon View Post
To be fair, the kit looks amazing, but it's a complete pain in the ass to deal with. Loose and floppy out of the box, with numerous small and fragile parts that don't fit right and need to be trimmed/modified.
Yeah but the result is something more beautiful or detailed than any Gundam! Admittedly some people seem to have had more problems than I did. There seem to be more QC problems than straight-up design problems.
"Bonecrusher hates everything"____________-Official Movie Profile
World Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #488
Aerialbot
well guys a good friend of mine got his kit month ago but never had the time to open his due army stuff and gave it to me. so I opened and wow there is tons of parts and honestly I haven't done something like this in years 15+, well I just want any tips so I don't mess him up. parts feels easy to break lol
SALE
FEEDBACK
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #489
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Prime View Post
There seem to be more QC problems than straight-up design problems.
Oh, there are plenty of straight-up design problems as well.

For example, the kneepads don't fit on right out of the box because there's a slot that's molded far too narrow. I had to carve the shit out of them to make them fit tightly.

And that weird gap in between his eyes and his forehead? Because there's chunks of plastic that prevent the face from clipping on straight.
mx-01 archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #490
Za Warudo!
World Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too effing many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx-01 archon View Post
Oh, there are plenty of straight-up design problems as well.

For example, the kneepads don't fit on right out of the box because there's a slot that's molded far too narrow. I had to carve the shit out of them to make them fit tightly.

And that weird gap in between his eyes and his forehead? Because there's chunks of plastic that prevent the face from clipping on straight.
I consider those QC problems since they are different on every kit. For example, my kneepads fit in fine. The face gap I believe is on everyone's though.
"Bonecrusher hates everything"____________-Official Movie Profile
World Prime is offline   Reply With Quote