Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Dual Model Kit Optimus Prime (DMK 01)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2011, 02:22 AM   #11
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dally View Post
You could probably get away with doing that. I had to disassemble and reassemble a few parts when I did things in the wrong order and I didn't have any problems, though of course it would probably be best just to paint it from the get go if you want to go that route. I don't have Bumblebee, but from what I see he needs paint much more than Prime does (the main reason I won't be getting BB). You may even decide that you don't need to put too much paint on Prime if any at all.
Thank you!

Great review!

The issue with me and painting Prime is that I'm not overly fond of the red plastic they use. But if I paint it and use the decals, I still have to successfully execute the orange gradation beneath the flames.

All of which would be a fun challenge except that I'm short on time, and eager to have my new toy, and a little nervous about messing up a $100 toy (even though I've been painting models for years).
harrismonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:49 AM   #12
Constructicon
News Credits: 3

From HK forum
oku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:07 AM   #13
the poowrr?
petes2177's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: ∞
News Credits: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to petes2177
Anyone know where to get this guy besides BBTS? I was gonna buy it tomorrow evening but they're sold out
petes2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #14
Prepare for termination!
Very nice! I got mine on the way from AmiAmi fairly decently priced ($99 total all shipped) considering the markup cost of this thing. Will be a bit of a wait, but I don't really mind. Awesome pictures and very nice review!

I wonder what are the chances that some third party company, or perhaps a Shapeways product, will make available a buster type gun attachment for DMK Prime? I really think that's the only thing missing from him!
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #15
Gimmick Bot
Collection Count: 325+
One thing this guy really does do is show just how incredible the mold for RotF leader class Prime is! Considering the differences between them are not all that huge, the fact that one transforms is astonishing!
Selling my entire collection!!!
Auto Morph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #16
Hanlon's razor

Collection Count: Many
News Credits: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Morph View Post
One thing this guy really does do is show just how incredible the mold for RotF leader class Prime is! Considering the differences between them are not all that huge, the fact that one transforms is astonishing!
Truth.

radicons : shapeways : photography : feedback
process is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #17
Decepticon
Dally's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAUGE0001 View Post
Nice review. I'd like to see some actual HD Video done of this kit.

I really want some good close up photos so I can see just how detailed this piece is.

The chest panels(windows) look odd. Are they clear on the front and then painted on the back?
Here and here are two of the full resolution shots I took, so you can zoom in on those and get some better detail. How the chest panels work is that the pre-painted silver parts are attached to the red piece and then you place clear plastic windshield pieces over top of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesynch View Post
Very nice! I got mine on the way from AmiAmi fairly decently priced ($99 total all shipped) considering the markup cost of this thing. Will be a bit of a wait, but I don't really mind. Awesome pictures and very nice review!

I wonder what are the chances that some third party company, or perhaps a Shapeways product, will make available a buster type gun attachment for DMK Prime? I really think that's the only thing missing from him!
Yeah, I agree. The gun is the only thing missing. I'd love to see an add on, and they probably wouldn't have too hard a time implementing it since you have to take his forearm mostly apart anyway to put the swords on. I forgot to mention in the review, but there was a pre-order bonus deal from certain Japanese retailers that gave you the battle hooks as well as the swords.

Quote:
I agree. I think ROTF Leader Prime is the best transforming movieverse Optimus Prime that we'll ever get. But I think overall this is the best representation of Prime's robot mode (except for maybe the Sideshow statue if you've got $1200 to drop on it) .
Dally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #18
Herald of Unicron
Those guns are absolutely beautiful with him.

It a shame Jetwing costs so much. I can't justify spending that much on a toy that revolves around the same mold as Buster Prime, only painted more poorly.

Although, I should ask since you apparently HAVE Jetwing, does the Jetwing backpack fit on the ROTF mold, or did they make modifications so it would fit? (I know they've made aesthetic modifications)
harrismonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #19
Show accuracy's overrated
hthrun's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Ever changing...
Quote:
Yeah, I'd really like this model but am going to pass since the RotF Prime is already so nice. If they make leader sized model kits of Blackout or Bonecrusher, though, I'll have to get those...
hthrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #20
The Dark Knight
Batman's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Looks great, thanks for the review

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote