Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations Thundercracker Review (with pictures)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
Mr. JazzHunter
Collection Count: Not enough
News Credits: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to FatalT 71
Generations Thundercracker Review (with pictures)

First off, please excuse the picture quality - they were taken with my iPhone, and I used the best lighting I could find around here. So, my apologies if they're not the greatest. And bear with me, this is my first time reviewing anything.

Generations Thundercracker arrived via UPS from BBTS today, along with Scourge, Kup, and Wheeljack. And while the other three are newer molds, I was all about getting Thundercracker out of his packaging and getting a good look at him. I love the shade of blue used here - it's not really cartoon accurate, but it's more evocative of the old G1 Thundercracker I had back in the '80s. You'll notice the Deception symbols on his wings are inverted, which, when his wings are transformed results in the symbols being right side up -

Of course, once he's in robot mode the null rays totally block out the insignias, but I'll give Hasbro the A for effort in trying to make it look decent.

In robot mode, he's as good as any of the other Seekers. Again, I really like the color scheme - the red really stands out very well on his waist, shoulders, and even on the jet intakes. I had worried that Thundercracker might be a bit loose, given the fact that the mold has been around for a while - I've read stories of floppy Acid Storms and Starscreams. I'm happy to report that all the joints are nice and tight, without being too tight. Never once did I worry about having to apply too much force. His cannons fit very well into his shoulders, and don't fall out if you look at him the wrong way - a welcome change for those who own KO or Henkei Thundercrackers, I'm sure.

He fits in very well with my Universe 2.0 Starscream and Classics Skywarp, as shown here (sorry again for the picture quality). Definitely a nice feeling to have him as part of my collection.

If you like the Seeker mold, I'd say get Generations Thundercracker - he should be cheaper to pick up at retail (if his wave ever reaches retail that is ) than ordering a KO. I don't have a Henkei or Botcon Thundercracker to compare him to - if you already own one of them, you may wish to pass on the Generations version. But if you need a Thundercracker to round out your Seekers collection, or if you're a fan of the Seeker mold in general - definitely get him.

Edit: Didn't see optibotmus' video review posted - I shouldn't do my first review and and deal with an 8-year old at the same time. Mods please move if necessary.

Signature courtesy of Bumbebee765 - thanks bro!

Quote:
The Sky to her Warp, the Thunder to her Cracker, the Star to her Scream
FatalT 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
The Big Daddy
Collection Count: 350
News Credits: 16
I got mine in today as well, best use of the seeker mold to date, that thing is rock solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
If we get married...think of the collection we would have bro...I mean..we ain't gotta fluid transfer...but think of the collection..
guard convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Nom Nom Nom
Collection Count: probably too many :)
News Credits: 84
super pleased to grab TC today, really happy to have the seekers completed at last, now they just need to do a Sunstorm
Red leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: too many
I love my TC. So much tighter than the Henkei one I have. I like the shade of blue better as well.
Feedback

MidnightBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #5

News Credits: 13
Nice, I can't wait to find this guy so I can put my Botcon set away for safe keeping.
Is there blue text here ^^^^ If YES ----> Blue text = Sarcasm

Trailbreaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
D-d-d-d-duel!
Collection Count: 100-ish.
News Credits: 29
Good review, excited to get him!
Thenames9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
Watch him out!
Collection Count: more than I probably need.
News Credits: 1
Hasbro definitely saved the best for last with the Classics Seekers. I got T-Cracker last week with the rest of his wave from BBTS and, in spite of being the sixth version of the same basic figure I've bought, he was my favorite of the four, just edging out his future reincarnation, Scourge. For me, this is the best use of the Classics Seeker mold. The colors are gorgeous - I love the metallic blue and the dark red paint. Even the Decepticon symbols look better painted than usual. The mold is nice and solid, too, which is good after the floppy hips I ended up with on Dirge. It sucked having to wait four and a half years for my favorite Seeker, but I'd say it was well worth it.
Switchblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
Banned
VectorPrime404's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 39
Notice a pattern with the mass-retail Generations Seekers blowing their exclusive/import counterparts out of the water?
VectorPrime404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #9
Overworked
Acteon's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I dunno, at least 100 +
If I had to nitpick I could have done without the red on the shoulders, but otherwise, pure win. Can't wait to get mine ^^
UK Anime Network
Acteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
Collecting never ends...
Collection Count: Growing weekly
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorPrime404 View Post
Notice a pattern with the mass-retail Generations Seekers blowing their exclusive/import counterparts out of the water?
That's how it should be! The latest to come out should have improvements over the previous versions.
Check out my sales!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...ging-toys.html
MrFX is offline   Reply With Quote