Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Masterpiece Rodimus Prime / Rodimus Convoy

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 04:07 AM   #21
Are ya gonna draw pistols
Collection Count: 126 displayed with another 15-20 in various boxes all over the room...
Send a message via MSN to Razorclaw
Sorry folks, but paying around a hundred dollars for an 8 inch toy and having to macgyver simple things like mentioned above is a bloody ripoff.
Razorclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:25 AM   #22
Banned
rizuan76's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Time to let go...
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorclaw View Post
Sorry folks, but paying around a hundred dollars for an 8 inch toy and having to macgyver simple things like mentioned above is a bloody ripoff.
C'mon man it's too early to jump into conclusions, it's only the first few of us who have gotten it so far.

I'll wait until the majority of the crowd here gets it & make a more informed judgment abt it.
rizuan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #23
champ
News Credits: 2
amazon.jp delivered mine to my door about an hour and a half ago.

I already want to return it.

It was mis-assembled in the chest right out of the box. For the life of me I can't get it into car or truck mode without all kinds of stressed plastic....it's gonna snap. Nothing fits. Nothing aligns. Nothing pegs into place.

Even the paint isn't very good. I expect more for the price I paid!

I guess it's a nice enough Rodimus figure....but it can't transform!

I'm so disappointed I feel like puking. All that anticipation and the toy can't even function. If anyone was on the fence I'd urge them to save their money. This thing is a total disaster.
onnsake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #24
The Big Daddy
Collection Count: 350
News Credits: 16
i can't wait for tfsource to get them in, i am dying to get him in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
If we get married...think of the collection we would have bro...I mean..we ain't gotta fluid transfer...but think of the collection..
guard convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:01 AM   #25
Constructicon
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by onnsake View Post
amazon.jp delivered mine to my door about an hour and a half ago.

I already want to return it.

It was mis-assembled in the chest right out of the box. For the life of me I can't get it into car or truck mode without all kinds of stressed plastic....it's gonna snap. Nothing fits. Nothing aligns. Nothing pegs into place.

Even the paint isn't very good. I expect more for the price I paid!

I guess it's a nice enough Rodimus figure....but it can't transform!

I'm so disappointed I feel like puking. All that anticipation and the toy can't even function. If anyone was on the fence I'd urge them to save their money. This thing is a total disaster.
Oh, this just reminds me of my painful experience of masterpiece 03 Starscream!

I just pray the 2 sets that I am going to pick up soon are in "good" conditions, do not look positive on this.
Dogbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:23 AM   #26
Comic Color-guy
Collection Count: nearly 300!
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Josh Send a message via MSN to Josh
waaaaaaaaaaaant sooooooooooo baaaaaaaaad
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:29 AM   #27
Insecticon
Wow that could be the best Masterpiece so far. the Hasbro version will not have a trailer so it is Masterpiece Hot Rod only.
viper2391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #28
champ
News Credits: 2
Ugh.

Three hours later. Still can't get it into car or truck mode....at least not where it looks like it's supposed to. Forget about having all four wheels align on this thing...no way in hell it'll ever be able to roll. Not only that, but his freaking FACE is the lowest point on the toy....to roll it you're scraping his face along the ground and four tires going different directions!

I'd the worst design flaw is the arms. They simply can't align with the toy....the chrome pipes are a total mess. No wonder they never looked straight at toy shows....they CAN'T go straight! His hands fold up into this big jumble that gets in the way of everything.

Paint rubs and stress marks all over. Red paint from the trailer rubbed all over the yellow wings from trying to get it in the trailer.

I'm crestfallen. I honestly don't even want this POS in my house.
onnsake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:43 AM   #29
Protectobot
Hey onnsake, sorry to hear about your bad experience with this figure. :/

Do you own any other MP? If you do, did you have any similar problem with them?
Detroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:48 AM   #30
Banned
rizuan76's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Time to let go...
News Credits: 3
It's abt the problems encountered by member onnsake. he experienced bad QC issues with his own set.

Well to be fair, regarding all those parts, pegs or whatever you may wanna call it, they do fit into place VERY tightly, it takes a lot of finagling & fiddling around in between those parts. Sometimes the fit is just so precise, a minor misalignment & everything will be a mess.

For the complex transformation junkies who bemoaned that the MP line has become simplistic with the recent MP-Grimlock, well this this will be their biggest challenge. It has a very complex & intricate transformation. A return to form for the Masterpiece line.
rizuan76 is offline   Reply With Quote