Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

RotF Lockdown

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Roll out!
Collection Count: Many. Very many.
News Credits: 25
RotF Lockdown

Today I got an early Christmas present from China: Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Lockdown. In the holiday spirit, I figured I’d share it with all of you!

Transformers Animated Lockdown is my all-time favorite Decepticon character. When I found out that there would be an RotF toy based on Animated Lockdown, I was pretty excited…and this toy did not disappoint me. As the first collector to review TFA Lockdown, I'm happy to give the first review of RotF Lockdown!

Bio:
LOCKDOWN was hired to hunt down and destroy AUTOBOT RATCHET, and that's what he aims to do. Once he's accepted a contract, nothing short of total deactivation can stop him. His services don't come cheap, but he's the best there is at what he does. LOCKDOWN has never lost a target, and he doesn't intend for this to be the first time.

I absolutely love that Movieverse Lockdown and Ratchet are rivals like the TFA Lockdown and Ratchet were; maybe we’ll get to see it played out in a comic someday.

Vehicle Mode

Lockdown’s “hunter car” mode is essentially a more “realistic” version of Animated Lockdown’s vehicle mode.

It has the same look: primarily dark, dark brown (instead of black) with some green paint (in the same design as TFA Lockdown) and grey plastic. There is also some gold paint, a purple Decepticon emblem on the roof, and the windows and headlights are translucent orange. Like TFA Lockdown, he has spikes on the roof and hubcaps, as well as the “cow-catcher” fender. The raised engine block is also there. He has a much more prominent spoiler, too.

Personally, I like this Lockdown’s alt. mode better than the original Lockdown’s. It seems more colorful, and I like the dark orange windows. Also, where TFA Lockdown seems angled and bulky, RotF Lockdown seems sleek, but deadly. Kind of a cross between “Fast and Furious” and “Death Race.”

Robot Mode

Lockdown is one wicked-looking robot. He is definitely my favorite Movieverse Deluxe toy for the robot mode alone. Again, he retains a lot of TFA Lockdown’s physical characteristics.

He's still primarily dark brown with green paint, but he also gets black plastic on his legs and arms and more light grey plastic. He’s tall and lanky; about the same height as TFA Lockdown (a little shorter) but taller than other Deluxes and about the same height as Voyagers.

He has the same head shape, with the extended neck and even a TFA-esque; though this chin is less exaggerated and has spikes sticking out of either side. His face has character to it, though, and is a little more humanoid than most other Movieverse Transformers.

His legs look similar to TFA Lockdown’s in that he has wheels on his hips and the feet look similar, but the legs themselves are digitigrades and might not appeal to everyone. On the plus side, they are a lot more poseable than TFA Lockdown’s legs; one of that toy’s problems. His legs also have “windows” on the thighs that reveal grey plastic mechanical pieces that move when you rotate his legs at the knees.

On his arms, RotF Lockdown has a hook in place of his right hand; another crossover from TFA Lockdown. The only problem with the hook is that it is soft, bendy plastic. This arm has a gimmick where a piston moves when you move the arm back and forth.

On his left arm, Lockdown’s engine block becomes a "weapon" much like with TFA Lockdown. You detach it as part of the transformation, then attach it to his arm. Supposedly it can also be used by RotF Deluxe Ratchet, which is an awesome nod to the same gimmick in their TFA incarnations. Also, the hook and regular hand can rotate out fully, unlike the weird hands that TFA Lockdown has.

One trademark characteristic of TFA Lockdown’s looks were the asymmetrical parts. While more subtle on RotF Lockdown, there are still some asymmetrical parts. His shoulders are different, and his upper arms are different colors. There are also slight differences on his upper legs, and there's a part sticking out on the right side of his waist that isn't there on the left. Not quite as standout as TFA Lockdown in this aspect, but it’s good that they did include even this characteristic.

Articulation is far superior to TFA Lockdown’s, primarily in the legs.

Overall, I’m extremely happy with this toy. This is easily my favorite RotF, and Movieverse in general, Deluxe toy. It looks awesome in both modes, and is a fantastic tribute to a particularly great Animated character/toy. For those who were disappointed with TFA Deluxe Lockdown, this one might be a perfect substitute. It is an excellent blend of the TFA and Movieverse styles. I think if you’re as big a Lockdown fan as I am, you’ll be just as pleased with this toy. It is in my top 10 favorite Transformers toys right now. I can imagine that RotF Lockdown will fly off the shelves, because his vehicle mode is pretty eye-catching and kids and collectors alike are probably going to want to pick one (or more) of these up, and I wouldn’t blame them.

If you’re a fan of Lockdown, or if you like Movie toys, or if you just like wicked-looking Decepticon bounty hunters, then this one is an easy buy.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; 12-24-2009 at 11:47 AM..
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Derp
News Credits: 3
please show robot mode pics.

i ♥ lockdown
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff

http://ntsmith.tumblr.com/
*Soundwave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Injector Has a Posse
News Credits: 10
Send a message via AIM to Sso02V
Hasbro musta gotten a good deal on that black/brown plastic.

TFWiki.net - We are here...We are waiting
Sso02V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Derp
^haha

looks great. bought on sight
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff

http://ntsmith.tumblr.com/
*Soundwave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
Roll out!
Collection Count: Many. Very many.
News Credits: 25
Pics are all up! If you have any pic requests, I'll see if I can do them.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
UNLEASHED!
Collection Count: 60+
News Credits: 1
Send a message via MSN to Cyber-Kun Send a message via Skype™ to Cyber-Kun
Fantastic, made it it the top of my ROTF wishlist
------------Cyber-Kun's Super important sale thread---------
-----------------------------FEEDBACK----------------------
---Art prints and bookmarks for sale, as well as commissions!---
Cyber-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #7
PSN=deadpoolistheman
Collection Count: Hmmmmmmm.... 123?
News Credits: 2

I also have a request. Can you take a pick of him with Voyager Ratchet? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash from Carolina View Post
Oh you evil, evil, evil, person. And yet I can't shake the feeling that you could be right.
jerky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
Decepticon
ssspporked's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not enough and yet too much.
Liking this guy more and more!
ssspporked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
TFW2005 Supporter
News Credits: 8
I don't care how much he blends or doesn't blend in with the rest of the movie toys..he's awesome and he will be mine!

Add me on Twitter! @Grinwise
Digilaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #10
scout
Collection Count: 40-50+
thank you...*cries*
rikkuluverx2 is offline   Reply With Quote